Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 08:42 PM   #1
gagiant34
AF Newbie

freshly rebuilt 3.2 liter single overhead cam has spark and fuel but will not start and is backfiring through the intake.

I just finished a rebuild on a 3.2 single overhead cam for a 93 isuzu trooper. I'm a very well experienced mechanic but have never had any experience with this particular engine I rebuild the engine with a complete shop manual and I had the heads rebuilt at a headshop and am very sure that I set the timing correctly. when I went to start the engine this afternoon I have no fire and I am getting exhaust out of the intake. does anyone out there have any input on this issue?
gagiant34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:20 PM   #2
Crvett69
AF Moderator

Re: freshly rebuilt 3.2 liter single overhead cam has spark and fuel but will not start and is backfiring through the intake.

sounds like the chain/timing belt is on wrong
Crvett69 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
3.2cl , isuzu , rebuilt , sohc
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard