Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 02:39 AM   #1
tjones770
AF Newbie

What's the best way to wire the pieces iv'e gathered?

Hello... I have been collecting stereo parts for a while now and I would like to put them in the 2005 F250 crew cab truck I recently bought. I have a Sony double din xav-63 HU, an Ultimate T2-604 amp, 4 Pioneer TS-A6886R 6x8 4 way speakers and a Dual XPR520 AMP WITH 2- 8"- 2ohm ported tubes rated at 100 watts each. Can someone out there throw out a couple wiring ideas to achieve some decent sound out of these parts? any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.
tjones770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:23 AM   #2
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD
Re: What's the best way to wire the pieces iv'e gathered?

do you know anything about hooking up audio stuff ? Crossovers, power requirements, etc ..
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 07:21 PM   #3
tjones770
AF Newbie

Hey Paul, Thanks for getting back with me. I know just enough to get myself in to trouble. I've done a lot of auto body work so removing trim and tearing things apart isn't a problem. I have good music ears from playing the guitar for a long time so I know when something sounds right. My problem lies mostly in ohms law... really seems foreign to me. I am hoping that I can get a little help figuring out if I should use the T2-604 for the front and rear speakers and the Dual amp for the 2 ohm tubes or the front speakers and a tube bridged off the 4 channel T2-604 or maybe....? I'm just fishin for some input from someone who does this kinda thing.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:30 PM   #4
tjones770
AF Newbie

Forgot to mention that I also have a Boss EQ1208 4 band equalizer that could be used as a crossover plus a 4 gauge and 2 8 gauge amp wiring kits along with a power dist block and 12g speaker wire.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:15 AM   #5
PaulD
Audio Guy

ok, then the setup would be pretty straightforward. RCA out from HU to EQ, use xover in EQ. Bass goes to XPR520 and the other outs go to the T2-604. Put the 4 speakers where the factory ones are now and put the subs in a box under the rear seat.
Old 02-24-2016, 06:13 PM   #6
tjones770
AF Newbie

awesome.. that's straight forward alright...Two more question.. on the Boss EQ there are 4 rca inputs, 2 for radio and 2 for cd/dvd and only 4 outs on the HU. Do I run the 4 outs in to the 4 ins of the EQ and ignore the "radio/cd-dvd" labels? and Do I need to run the 4 gauge power wire to the dist block or will the 8 gauge be enough? Everything total should be under 500w.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:24 AM   #7
PaulD
Audio Guy

you have two sets of independent inputs, the top button on the left front chooses which one you are listening to. The L and R front and L and R rear (all four RCA's) go to the respective inputs on the 4 ch amp, it will allow you to use your fader to balance sound between front and rear. The 2 RCA's marked L and R sub go to the .... sub amp. Set the knob on the front that says "sub frequency" to like 70-80 Hz, probably about the 10 o'oclock position, to keep the bass out of the pioneer 4 ways.
The Following User Says Thank You to PaulD For This Useful Post:
tjones770 (02-28-2016)
Old 02-25-2016, 07:19 PM   #8
tjones770
AF Newbie

Very good. Thank you so much for your help. While I was at work today I remembered why I joined this forum and the question i needed to ask...it's about thye ohms on the subs. They are two 8" svc 2ohm woofers. The amp is is 2/1 channel 400w. Should I wire the subs together like the photo i'm sending where the amp see the subs as one 4ohm (bridged). or since the amp says it's stable at 2ohm just run one on each channel. My music likes 80's, 90's hair bands the wife likes country and maybe sometimes I'll throw some Eminim on. But I like a tight bass line.http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...1&d=1456449541
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2_subs_SVC_2_ohm_2ch_bridged.jpg (66.3 KB, 2 views)
Old 02-29-2016, 07:17 AM   #9
PaulD
Audio Guy

do it the way the pic shows
The Following User Says Thank You to PaulD For This Useful Post:
tjones770 (02-29-2016)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio