Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Legend | RL
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 09:51 PM   #1
robswinga
AF Newbie

radio Codes for Legend factory radio

I need the code to the acura radio, when it reads"code". The dealer wants $65 just to tell me. There has gotta be another way to unlock the radio. I was told the serial # on the radio is what is needed. If you can help please do!!!
Driving without a radio is torture!!!!!!!!
robswinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 05:56 AM   #2
russell stanton
AF Newbie

Re: radio Codes for Legend factory radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by robswinga
I need the code to the acura radio, when it reads"code". The dealer wants $65 just to tell me. There has gotta be another way to unlock the radio. I was told the serial # on the radio is what is needed. If you can help please do!!!
Driving without a radio is torture!!!!!!!!
I had the same problem with my 97 RL. It happens when you disconnect the battery. I took it to the used car lot I bought it from and they removed the radio and got the serial # off of it and I took the car back to the dealer and they re-programmed it. Several years later I disconnected my battery again to clean the posts and did it again and I couldn't find the code I took the car back to the car lot and this time (I guess they learned a few things about these cars) they just opened the glove box and the code was printed on a strip of paper on the side of the opened box. Just pray that yours is still there!
russell stanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:58 AM   #3
95 legend
AF Newbie

i just bought a 95 legend 4 door and radio also said code, seller didnt have it so i went to dealership with radio in hand and proof of ownwership and he had me a code in 2 minutes,, no charge either
95 legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 05:33 AM   #4
willbill
AF Newbie

Could you please help me with my Acura RL car tape code? My car serial number is B80541101B?

I tried other numbers and it did not work. Please help me if you can
willbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:30 PM   #5
patgtucker
AF Newbie

looking for help with radio code. 2003 acura tl. vin# 19uua56633a069093. radio id #'s as displayed on radio when buttons 1 and 6 pressed. u3003 and l4666. any help would be greatly appreciated.
patgtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:23 PM   #6
Bigwho13
AF Newbie

GA_googleFillSlot("Forums_ROS_300x250_noad");I have a 93 legand and need the radio code can anyone help please.
Ref#cm6923
Serial# b20911317

my email is julio6477@yahoo.com
Bigwho13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:26 PM   #7
jazzij67
AF Newbie

Help me somebody please! Got a new battery the other day dont have my code for my radio so i drive in silence and it is killing me. What must i do to retreive code anyone please hollay back
jazzij67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:36 PM   #8
MarAcura
AF Newbie

Hi I need radio code for Acura 96 The model # 39100-SW5-A000 serial # 94A103253 ref.no. CQ-JH3410A thanks.
MarAcura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:42 PM   #9
Kris . A . Marhong
AF Newbie

Ok so, I have a '92 Acura Legend and know all about the infamous radio code. This isn't really THAT infamous in the fact that to this day, Honda still has codes for disabled radios. The point is, this has been around for a whikle and isn't anything new. Usually it's as simple as checking your owners manual, 90% of the time the code can be found in there. However, if you are like me and your vehicle did not come with the original owners manual, you better pray that whoever you bought the car off of has written the code down somewhere in the vehicle, or in my case, on the back of the radio itself. The code does not consist of the serial number found on the back, it's simply like a 5 digit code. Mine being (84288). This is a factory programmed number for anti-theft purposes. If for whatever reason you do not have your code recorded anywhere, simply go to the dealer, and do not just get them to reset your radio for you, ask for the code so you don't get suckered in to paying again later on when you loose memory again!!! PS (Feel free to try my code on your radios, doubt the dealers are stupid enough to make doubles, but we all know dealers are stupid anyways :P Good luck mates - Kris
Kris . A . Marhong is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Legend | RL