Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
General Discussion All general comments or enquiries go here. Website, club oriented, or general Skyline banter.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 01:10 PM   #31
DC5R76
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to DC5R76
Re: Re: Re: licensing and unlicensed skyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthj
its not that hard to rollback an odometer
of course is not hard, but is hard if is digital
DC5R76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 03:04 AM   #32
claymoe
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to claymoe
So uh, I've been reading on this forum for a couple o' months now, and I have some ideas.

Can you not buy a motor, chassis, and parts to make it legal, have a garage assemble it, and then have it tested?

or

Why doesn't someone in another country just make the adjustments to the cars to make them legal in the US and then import them?

or

Will someone in another country change the VIN and such to be some other car for me :P

Can you get rebuild kits for the RB series engines?
I didn't see those things discussed anywhere else; sorry if 'twere so.
claymoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 04:29 AM   #33
SkylineUSA
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SkylineUSA
Re: licensing and unlicensed skyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoe
So uh, I've been reading on this forum for a couple o' months now, and I have some ideas.

Can you not buy a motor, chassis, and parts to make it legal, have a garage assemble it, and then have it tested?

or

Why doesn't someone in another country just make the adjustments to the cars to make them legal in the US and then import them?

or

Will someone in another country change the VIN and such to be some other car for me :P

Can you get rebuild kits for the RB series engines?
I didn't see those things discussed anywhere else; sorry if 'twere so.
1. No
2. No one knows the whole process, therefore No.
3. You can, but its still not legal
4. Yes, of course you can. www.takakaira.co.jp

R32 GTR w/351w .020 forged, 8.9:1, PTK T76, Turbosmart 40 BC & 45 WG, Tial 40 BV, AFR 205s 310/245, 228/228 550/550 114 Hydro, 1.7rr, Isky RLs, 4" HKS exhaust, ARC 30x16x4 IC, 8 point cage, C2 gauges, 2 step, C4 3200 stall w/ R Manual & Hurst Ratchet shifter, 17" Panasport G7s, CSU 750 & bonnet, Vic Jr intake, 3.63 gears, Corbeau Carrera seats, Custom wide body, Bomex side skirts and rear 1/4 caps, Tommy Kaira bumper.
SkylineUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 12:18 PM   #34
tyndago
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to tyndago
http://help.customs.gov/cgi-bin/cust...cGFnZT0x&p_li=

"It is illegal to bring a car into the U.S. and sell it without first entering it through Customs. If you purchase a car that was brought into the U.S. and sold without being properly entered through Customs, that car is subject to seizure. NEVER purchase a used car in the U.S. if the owner cannot show that it is currently registered in the U.S. and demonstrate that it conforms to DOT and EPA standards. If purchasing a car from a dealer, they should handle registration for you, if they don't, the purchase should be contingent on your successful registration of the vehicle. (We get many calls from people who unwittingly purchased a vehicle that had been brought into the U.S. and then illegally sold. Buyer beware.) "
http://www.gtrusablog.com
tyndago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 12:34 PM   #35
tyndago
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to tyndago

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoe
Even though it is illegal, couldn't you import a Skyline (or any car rather) to some port, haul it to a garage or somethin, change the VIN to be a Sylvia, and say it's a Sylvia you converted to a Skyline?

Even though its illegal. Can't I just go out and run over a few people ? I am just going to run over homeless people . People no one cares about ? Whats the harm in it ?

Thats as outrageous as changing VIN's . Its illegal.
http://www.gtrusablog.com
tyndago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 12:36 PM   #36
RazorGTR
Skyline Man

Claymoe you last post was deleted due to not only claiming/bragging to have done something very illegal with another car, now you are asking as simular thing for Skylines.

Go to freshalloy and post shit like that.
Never confuse kindess with weakness.
AF user guidelines, Please remember to abide by them
RazorGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 01:02 AM   #37
claymoe
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to claymoe
Sorry 'bout that. I guess I wasn't thinking. I didn't have a solution for everyone, only myself. My apologies; no use arguing, cuz it's like competing in the special olympics
claymoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 05:41 PM   #38
SAPrez
AF Enthusiast

I tried to PM that Omegasky guy and his box is full so either everyone and their brother is asking him about Omega or he isn't a very dilligent poster....In any case, I'd like to know about Omega.
As far as their website goes, I noticed it didn't look very good but mine isn't a whole lot better (I'm still learning HTML and web programming)---not yet, anyways.

mB
SAPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 05:45 PM   #39
SAPrez
AF Enthusiast

Another thing---those of you interested in the regulations/mods/and fine print involved with legalizing a Skyline check out the thread entitled "RI's Recently Mentioned", where I divulge what may be an important shread of evidence in the "legalization" controversy that I came across today.
I say this often---Thank god for the "Freedom of Information Act"---now, if only information was really free, what a truly capitolist society we would live in!

mB
Old 06-11-2004, 03:09 AM   #40
firefighter0143
AF Regular

lol......damn it i guess ill be busy at the fire station seeing that tyndago is running homeless people over with his skyline..........j/k
i called up feul imports, and they said they had a garage up in new york or a warehouse where they do all the legalizations..can anyone follow up on this?
Old 06-11-2004, 04:55 PM   #41
SAPrez
AF Enthusiast

I'll check them on the RI list and then, if they are there, I will call---I have a very interested party in an R34 which really sucks cuz nobody that I know of is complying them right now (for reasons unknown). I'd hate to tell this guy, "well, sorry, Motorex isn't doing it so no one can do it". My only hopes right now are Fuel Imports (if they are on the list) and JK, which I already know is....
By the way, to the question you asked on a different thread, FireFighter, Not on US SOIL (I'm sure you know the answer to this one, just to check if I'm a dipS*&^), they are located in an International Trade Zone (which is within US Border, technically).
I push that aspect of those cars because it seems it daunts some of my clientel that I can't take them to visit the vehicle before they buy it(the ones that are located overseas, unless they are willing to shell out for the cross-pacific tickets ) . Although all of us consider that the norm, Joe Blow the Middle-Aged Guy is used to getting to test drive his corvette before he buys it, you see....

mB

Last edited by SAPrez; 06-11-2004 at 10:06 PM.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:05 PM   #42
SAPrez
AF Enthusiast

I really wish I knew what the deal was with R34's.......
Old 06-12-2004, 12:24 AM   #43
Skyline_R32_Canada
AF Enthusiast

Prez it's me Stefan, the guy who sent you an e-mail a few days ago asking about importing R32's into Canada remember? So whats the overall situation on it?

Skyline_R32_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 09:38 PM   #44
SAPrez
AF Enthusiast

Check your PM, and your email. Everything is tip-top perfect. SKYLINE AMERICA, and our complete network worldwide, is enthusiastic about opening up a new market in Canada. UK, Australia, and everywhere else 89-below exempt from complaince is next in line.

mB
Old 06-12-2004, 10:22 PM   #45
SAPrez
AF Enthusiast

I spoke to a compliance tech that informed me that, after having done the first tests on the first car, which can cost in the upwards of $80k, that each complaince after that costs about $2k, tops. And that's if the people stand around like idiots with their hands in their pockets most of the time at $45 an hour.
Believe me or not---it doesn't matter. Everyone believes what they want to, anyways. Like I said before, the info is in the post titled "RI's Recently Discussed". If you don't WANT to know, DON't read it. I'll probably erase it tomorrow, anyways. Unless I do it right now.....