Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Murano | FX45
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 05:52 PM   #16
Prozzi
AF Newbie

Well I've had the car for a month also, and mine has a back window wash, also you can adjust the seat and wheel so they don't move every time in the settings in the Nav screen. And my wiper blades work great, had alot of snow and rain in the last month and they work better than most previous cars I've had.
Prozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 08:10 PM   #17
Dpow
AF Newbie

Ok I give
how do you work the rear window washer?

TIA
Dpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 09:37 PM   #18
Prozzi
AF Newbie

Now not totally in my memory but you push the window wiper column toward you or away from you, I would have to go check.
Prozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 09:57 AM   #19
sssmokin
AF Newbie

I bought the fx45 about 3-4 months ago and love it. I've put about 8000 miles on it now and have just a few problems. The windshield wiper (passenger side to be specific) streaks even after replacing them. In hot weather, the rear hatch top molding has bubbled up (come loose). It actually prevents you from opening the hatch. The last two problems I have are with the gear shifter. When you put it in "manual shift" mode, the response is way too slow. When I upshift during hard acceleration, the transmission doesn't shift immediately (or down shift). It seems to take nearly a second in order for the shift to be completed. The second thing on the shifter is that it moves too easily from "manual mode" to "automatic mode". When I'm making a hard turn to the right (with my hand resting on the shifter), the momentum of my body weight will pull the shifter out of "manual mode" and into "automatic mode".

Other than the above things, I'm extremely happy with my fx45. Good power, nice throttle response, sporty handling, etc...
sssmokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 12:38 AM   #20
PHogan
AF Newbie

Brought my baby (FX35)home last week!

Drove off the lot, turned right and went 500Kms up a mountain highway in the worst rainstorm in 30 years. (4 people killed in bridge washouts that night).

The FX35 AWD plowed through some serious hydroplaning without a slip, slide or hesitatancy. INCREDIBLE feeling of control & comfort. I've had Porsche Turbos, BMW's, the lot, this is the best car I've ever driven in.

Had a load of friends on board (the FX handled no differently) and had a giggle when I put her in reverse, set the parking brake, got out, stood by the back license plate and mooned everyone on board in the rear view camera that's activated in Reverse !!! Funny!

Seriously, there's NOTHING else out there like it. The VW Toureg is too expensive for a VW with less refined interior and less HP. Everything else out there just looks like ...well....everything else.

Highly recommend the FX so far!!

Patrick
PHogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 10:03 AM   #21
Freak_FX35
AF Newbie

Thumbs up

1st time test run it, I know this's exactly the one I want.
a Performance sedan ? Almost, higher a bit, a SUV.
I drive it to work everyday and love it more & more after a few mods.
I'm looking forward to those mature engine tuning work on 350Z, and copy them to my FX.....
Old 11-25-2003, 06:38 PM   #22
FXman
Banned

Re: So What do you think about it?

Yes the handiling of the FX45, i used to own an Mercedes ML55 AMG SUV, and i loved that car, but the FX45 is cheaper, and i think it handles better then the Mercedes, i pulled up next to a man in an X5 and he looked at me like he wanted to drag, the FX smoked him, the performance is unbetable, in my opinion, thats my opinion, i went to the Hyuday forum, and all these people are dreaming about this tint black Sante Fe, well your dream can come true with an FX45, (and you wont need to buy a cheap piece of junk like a Sante Fe) anyways i support Infinitie in everyway! in 1998 i flew to Asia on a buisiness trip, i was driving in my rentle Infinitie G20 and i pulled into the Infinitie Manufacturing Plant and i took the quick 30 minute tour, i saw there designing room threw a window and guess what i saw on the wall? the drawings of the new Infinitie FX45! the original drawings looked a little different, but it was still the begining of a new Infinitie and beyond.............
FXman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 06:41 PM   #23
FXman
Banned

now i love the car! and im planning on keeping it for years to come (im thinking about getting my wife a Porche Cyanne Turbo) lol i like Porches too but i`m gonna head over to the Porche Forum right now and talk about the Cyanne and see if i can find an Owner of one...
FXman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 12:06 PM   #24
WAYNEPB
AF Newbie

Unhappy Drive FX45 only on smooth roads

If you have a FX45 and are happy with the ride you must ride on only smooth roads. I am happy with everything except for the terrible ride. I also have a sports car 3000GT VR4, and had a BMW X5 with sports suspension, and drove the Cayenne Turbo, and all of them ride better than this vehicle. I am told that when you order the technology package you get the sport package included, which has the sport suspension. It is so bad of a ride that my wife will not drive with me in the car and I do not see us using this car to go to dinner or social engagements with other couples. I have contacted the dealler and Infiniti and no one is stepping up to the plate to solve the problem. With the roads here in Illinois I expect to be at the dealer constantly to fix rattles etc for the vehicle is shaking itself apart. I have a friend who purchase one in Florida and he said it is fine until he has to drive out of state where the roads are not as smooth. I have never been so disapointed with my selection of a vehicle because of one issue like this. Any ideas on what I can do to solve this problem would be appreciated.
Thank you.
WAYNEPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 09:05 AM   #25
jyot soni
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpow
4 Weeks later
I love it. gets up and goes
FX35, tech package, 20" wheels
I get looks from everyone, young and old.
(-) Exterior mirrors are too large, cant see around them without moving, no rear window sprayer, steering wheel and seat move everytime I start engine( I drive 1,000 miles a week and have about 60 appointments Friday to sunday) this feature gets old. Rear monitor should be moved up just a little. Cheap wiper blades, cheap windshield(both repalaced first 3,000 miles.

Originally wanted the Cayenne, but hey 1/2 the price and available, why wait?

Great Car..

:sun:
i totally agree with you. the porche might be the fastest suv in the market but it is really expensive. those 20'' shoould be damn good. i really love the look of the fx because it's unique and not boxy.
jyot soni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 09:19 AM   #26
DevonTT
AF Newbie

Re: Drive FX45 only on smooth roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNEPB
I am told that when you order the technology package you get the sport package included, which has the sport suspension.
I don't think that's true, Wayne. I'm getting a tech/touring combo on the FX35.

Granted, they're not the easiest car to find on the lot, but it is available.

Devon
DevonTT is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Murano | FX45