Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Yugo > Cabrio/GVX/GV+
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 01:56 AM   #31
nahl
AF Newbie

Yugos are great !

I have owned my 1987 Yugo for 6 years and drive it to work every single week. It has been the most economic and reliable car I have ever owned! The odometer now has 125,000 miles on it. And with the $600 purchase price I paid for it, I am laughing all the way to the bank, ha ha !
Old 07-26-2004, 11:53 AM   #32
2strokebloke
In Stereo where available

Re: New Yugos. HAHAHAHAHAHA

I envy you. Too many people have junked their Yugos since finding service is so hard for them. It makes them too hard to find and buy these days.

Support America's dependence on foreign oil - drive an SUV!
"At Ford, job number one is quality. Job number two is making your car explode." - Norm McDonald.
If you find my signature offensive - feel free to get a sense of humor.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:05 AM   #33
nahl
AF Newbie

Wink

Parts for Yugos aren't all that hard to find. The discount auto parts stores still have most of the common maintenance parts. I also search the junk yards in my area with good results. And for those hard to find parts there is Orion Motors in Texas who has a web site. It's true it is hard to find a mechanic who would touch a Yugo, but with the help of various repair manuals, an average mechanically inclined owner can do everything, they are easy to work on.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:21 PM   #34
cmdrgala
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to cmdrgala
Saw a Yugo In A Ditch

Hello Yugo Drivers;

I was driving along in my Oldsmobile Aurora, and yes even though Olds is out of production, GMC will still take care of my car with parts and service for years to come.The same cannot be said about Yugo.

I was driving along in my Oldsmobile in Northern California near a town called Vernails. Driving through the farm county and there it was in a water irrigation ditch.

Like a sunken ship with its stern in the air, ready to go to dave jones locker,was a red Yugo. This Yugo has met it end in a watery grave.

What was that marketing lingo them'

Yugo Here, Yugo There, Yugo everywhere

A fitting end to a car without a country, but it has a home on Ebay
Old 07-27-2004, 08:30 PM   #35
2strokebloke

Quote:
It's true it is hard to find a mechanic who would touch a Yugo, but with the help of various repair manuals, an average mechanically inclined owner can do everything, they are easy to work on.
It's a shame, because the Yugo is a very friendly car for a novice mechanic to start working on. But even so, alot of people still don't feel confident trying to fix their cars.

And mr. Oldsmobile driver, wait another 15 years and see what your parts and service situation is - then it can actually be compared to that of the Yugo currently.

"At Ford, job number one is quality. Job number two is making your car explode." - Norm McDonald.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:28 AM   #36
cmdrgala
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to cmdrgala
Re: Re: New Yugos. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
It's a shame, because the Yugo is a very friendly car for a novice mechanic to start working on. But even so, alot of people still don't feel confident trying to fix their cars.

And mr. Oldsmobile driver, wait another 15 years and see what your parts and service situation is - then it can actually be compared to that of the Yugo currently.
Well Mr. Yugo Driver:

In 15 to 20 years, most Yugos will end up as Chicken Coops, open pit barabcues, showers, fire place, or planting potter for your garden or Das U Boat Yugo as we saw in the Los Angeles Auto Show a few years back..

Currently there are 15 to 20 year old Oldsmobile are running on American roads and parts and service are avaiable.

Even 30 year cars you can find parts thanks in part to Ebay.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:33 PM   #37
2strokebloke

Currently there are 18 year old Yugos on the road, and dealers have been gone for over a decade now. If you can still find dealers willing to service an oldsmobile in 15 years from now, you'd have something to brag about. The problem is not finding parts - you can still get any part you'd ever need to keep a Yugo alive (the factory is still turning out cars, just not selling them here) the problem is just finding service. However, the Yugo is luckily a very easy car to work on, so for mechanically inclined owners finding a shop willing to work on Yugos isn't a big deal.
The Yugo will be around for a long time to come, because there are plenty of owners who are strongly devoted to their cars, and will do what it takes to keep them on the road.

Old 07-14-2007, 12:34 AM   #38
MaroonZ24
AF Newbie

Man no tire in the engine bay anymore that sucks...btw i own a yugo fun little car
Old 12-23-2007, 10:31 PM   #39
Crazyass
Banned

Maybe you want to now more about GVs and Cabrios check out this site
I have stuff for even other types of car enthusiassts
I am this sites rival users.link and info removed by moderator

Last edited by '97ventureowner; 12-23-2007 at 11:08 PM.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:08 PM   #40
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Way to old to resurrect. And do not post links to other forums here.
Closed.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
Old 07-14-2008, 10:59 PM   #41
mikeys_toy
AF Newbie

The biggest problem with the yugo's reliability was the timing belt. Whether it be the crappy rubber Zastava used or the fact that Fiat recommended a change at 12,500mi to Yugos 60,000. Know what happens when an intake valve hits a forged piston? it shatters=end of engine. usually this would happen between 30,000mi and 50,000mi. As far as easy to work on; ever put a water pump on one?!.
I've owned 12 and will always love them.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:41 PM   #42
fb33112arx7
AF Newbie

I own an '88 GV. I bought it for $200, with a spare engine, a front suspension, back hatch, and other various parts. It runs great. I've done a lot of work to it to keep it going, but any 20 yr. old economy car that's been beat to hell would require as much. Sure its slow and the handling isn't the best, but for 200 bucks and about 400 more in parts I didn't already have it's been damn near the best automotive purchase I've ever made. Only beat by my '81 jetta.
I was hoping someone would be able to tell me how to lower the rear end on it. I know that you can put x1/9 struts up front to lower it 2", and I have heard that it just requires a couple of blocks in the rear, but I can't quite figure where I'm going to put them in that weird mono leaf spring thing.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Yugo > Cabrio/GVX/GV+