Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-04-2021, 09:59 AM   #1
Seamus McRae
AF Regular

Hobby shops help

Hey guys

Question for my U.S. modelling mates...
I'm heading to the States soon for work for a couple of months, specifically Ridgecrest/China Lake, CA & Yuma, AZ.

Any hobby shops worth checking out in those 2 places?

Cheers
Seamus McRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 04:32 PM   #2
chato de shamrock
AF Regular

Re: Hobby shops help

Man, you’re pretty far out in the middle of nowhere. You didn’t specify the types of models you like to work on, hot rod, semi trucks, lowrider, tuner etc. I checked where Ridgecrest is located and I’m estimating a 2 to 2.5 hour drive to Los Angeles since that’s about the travel time from Bakersfield to L.A. Ridgecrest looks to be maybe a half hour extra on the commute? If you will be commuting from that area and Yuma then i could suggest scheduling a detour into Los Angeles. Add extra commute time for L.A. traffic. Pegasus Hobbies is a very popular shop for R/C cars, airplanes, boats, model cars, doll houses for girls, i believe train models as well, figurines like warhammer etc. I heard they moved from their location in Montclair and since i now live in Georgia, have not visit their new location nor if they downsized their hobby inventory. They are very popular with lowrider models, if you don’t already know. My go-to hobby shop was Burbank House of Hobbies in Burbank. Not a very large shop. There should be a video or two about them on YouTube. Great service, owner is a cool dude with quite an extent on knowledge on the hobby. When i lived out there they catered to supplies, model cars, dicast, model trains and some model military boats and airplanes. If you can make it to L.A. and San Diego then you’ll have more shop options, but those two would be my suggestions.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling