Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 11:02 PM   #91
jdanger
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jdanger Send a message via MSN to jdanger Send a message via Yahoo to jdanger
the big deal

Chris,

If you're wondering what the big deal is, i'll tell you: there are too many people with the same cars (like hondas for instance) that all have the same looking mods and stuff. People try to be independent but end out looking the same. Not only do these people argue over who's faster, they boast that they can beat anyone. "Anyone" are the people who hate hondas and other rice burners. When people make their hondas look fast, the think they're bad.... These people make others that own REAL cars hate hondas. SO, hondas are trashed to keep honda owners from thinking thier 16.5 sec cars are fast.
jdanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 11:11 PM   #92
jdanger
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jdanger Send a message via MSN to jdanger Send a message via Yahoo to jdanger
Re: Honda haters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngvr4
well thanks to me there's a lot of car doors laying around in the streets that belong to ricers, i put them in there place while most people with fast cars don't even bother to race them i do it to show them just how slow there cars are. my girlfriend tells me all the time "pic on somebody your own horsepower" but i let them know that they are slow as hell.
I hear you man. That's exactly what i'm doin in my town. Lots of rice burners think they're cool, but i put them in their place. So far, me:6 rice burners:0.
jdanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 04:39 PM   #93
Ground Rat
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Ground Rat
Re: the big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanger
SO, hondas are trashed to keep honda owners from thinking thier 16.5 sec cars are fast.
Lol, my pickup was a whole second quicker stock. Stupid rice.
'92 Typhoon #591
Ground Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 07:04 PM   #94
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris26969
Around my city ,honda owners are praised , so i dont know what the deal is .
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris26969
Civic owners are the cream of the crop around here .
You're hanging around the wrong crowd. That may be the case among the 16 year old street racer crowd, but nowhere is a Civic considered "cream of the crop" among the real "fast" guys. Can they be fast - yes. But there are many, many other cars that can be just as fast if not faster.
LjasonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 11:02 PM   #95
spirit_r
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idelaysionl
But there are many, many other cars that can be just as fast if not faster.
hmmm, i would have said something more along the lines of, "almost every other car in existence is faster than a honda" but thats just me.
spirit_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 11:29 PM   #96
jon@af
The Media Guy

Send a message via AIM to jon@af

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit_r
hmmm, i would have said something more along the lines of, "almost every other car in existence is faster than a honda" but thats just me.
Believe it or not, there ARE Hondas that are very fast.

AF User Guidelines <----Click and read if you don't know these.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

A Blog By Swigz

Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet; Aquila non captat muscas.
jon@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 01:29 AM   #97
spirit_r
AF Enthusiast

hmmm, i'll go with my theory on aliens with this one, i'll believe it when i see it.
Old 01-18-2004, 12:44 PM   #98
Ground Rat
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Ground Rat
Re: Re: Honda haters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILike2DriveCars
Believe it or not, there ARE Hondas that are very fast.
True, but not very many.
'92 Typhoon #591
Ground Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 11:54 PM   #99
72_R/T
AF Newbie

Why Do i Hate Hondas.. I dont

I Hate Honda Drivers who slap a big fancy wing on the trunk and put a bodykit and some flames on and pull up to my 64 Polara and think they have a chance.

Oh well, Whatever trips your trigger.
72_R/T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 06:06 AM   #100
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster

Hondas can bemade to be very fast. 9 and 10 second Civics/CRX's are not uncommon, there is a 7.something arather Civic in the States and PLENTY more running 13's and below.

It's not even that hard, with all the high quality tuning parts available.

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 09:57 PM   #101
skrow03GT
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimster
Hondas can bemade to be very fast. 9 and 10 second Civics/CRX's are not uncommon, there is a 7.something arather Civic in the States and PLENTY more running 13's and below.

"9 and 10 second Civics/CRX's are not uncommon"

"It's not even that hard, with all the high quality tuning parts available."

You gotta be kidding right? Oh its not hard, you just need about $25,000 + car and you get a un-streetable, unreliable car. For less money I would have a v8 and have something that is streetable/reliable and runs on pump-gas. Hell for THAT much $$ I would sure the hell expect better than a 10sec slip.
MAC Prochamber 2.5" HTS
Flowmaster AT 2 Chamber Cat-Back
Eibach Pro-Kit
Tokico Illuminas 5-way Shocks/Struts
X2C v2.0 UCA/LCA's
FRPP 4.10 Gears
Aluminum d/s
Steeda Tri-Ax
Steeda T/A 14*
Nitto 275/45 Drag Radials
Bullit Intake

Waiting to Install : NX 100 Wet Shot
skrow03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 08:00 PM   #102
SBurns
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to SBurns

A moment in Highschool revisited...

Upon the first day, he drove his brand new civic to school. And was as cool as the rest of them. The second day behold, sporty seat covers and blue foamy steering wheel cover, his car was stylish as them. Dawn upon the third morning shinned brightly upon the engine mods, composing of an VTech logo and super glue, his car was faster then them. Upon then forth day he tinkered, and into the fifth, and finally the sixth day, the master mechanic finally completed his oil change. Soon to follow the coffee can tip (Screw on, non the less), two rear spoilers, since it was truly a face car, and fog lights (Guess somewhere it says somewhere in the owner manuals that fog lights make you see better at high speeds), and the most important of all, the offical "NOS" sticks on the windows, the most powerful of all upgrades. His car was complete and untouchable. For upon the thirteen day, he laid his car to park, and let the world star in awe as its highly powerful engine and superb exhuast system hummed like a honey bee. Heads turns and eyes glanced slowly, for he was now a god street racing. Up until his world was shattered with the murky red fluid oozed from his window as the cheese burger laid splattered upon his windows (With extra Ketchup). Laughter soon erupted and was drowned out in the sounds of an old Chevy small block 5.0 V8 on open exhuast . And soon was smoked by dozens of cars (Most stock), even a '87 Ford astro van, and most unrespectible of all, my moms minivan as he tryed to pass her in the turning lane at a red light.

And people wonder why people hate honda's since they where at one point the wet dream of all ricers.
SBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 04:12 AM   #103
spirit_r
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimster

a 7 second civic, yippee. and what do you get with that? a completely unpractical car with giant Hoosier tires that cant do shit other than drive in a straight line while looking like a fag. and if its not all that hard, why is there only one?
Old 01-28-2004, 04:37 AM   #104
Ssom
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ssom Send a message via AIM to Ssom
Re: Re: Re: Honda haters?

Yes, you can drive a 10 second V8 car, in the rain, without compeletely chewing through the tyres. Very simple innit? Fucking hell, people who build drag cars have to be prepared for breakges, but fuck it, I don't drag, that's for idiots with ill-sorted suspension- probably why V8 owners love it so much.

With about US$10,000 work I bet I could turn my EG into a repectable track car that will wipe the floor with most V8 crap. Not bad for a $2000 car, has a good set-up to become an FWD track-monster. Honda are after all, the makers of some of the greatest-ever chassis'.

But I don't have US$10,000, nor do I even have enough to re-buy my car, so I won't do it, I'll jst save money and buy a JDM Intergra Type R, same effect, better engine
Ssom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 12:41 PM   #105
BaNe
AF Enthusiast

Re: i agree with you guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanGiant
I just got a 1986 Porsche 944 turbo, holy crap is that thing fast, only cost me about 9 thousand and its a great car.............a lot of work was done has well over 300 horsepower, and I am hopefully going to purchase a stage 4 turbo system from a local tuner other people who have them get over 510 bhp,

RICER ALERT!!!!

Faster and Faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

CompletelyStock except 17 Enkei RS6, Megan racing Downpipe-3" piping-megan racing muffler. no cat. K&N filter.
BaNe is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General