Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > Z4 | Z4 Coupe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 02:20 PM   #16
lowridder11
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to lowridder11
Thanks dude
lowridder11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 03:26 PM   #17
lowridder11
AF Enthusiast

the Z3 is goin after the snow clears. how much sould i sell it for? i say about $20,000-$25,000. it has all the options, performance, luxury, Harman Kardon sound, the workx!
Old 12-13-2002, 05:51 PM   #18
barcus
AF Newbie

ccc

Last edited by barcus; 10-26-2005 at 11:11 AM.
barcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2002, 06:07 PM   #19
lowridder11
AF Enthusiast

It is a 2000, also loaded. Every option avalible. Cold weather, sport, convience, Harman Kardon sound(upgrade stereo), etc...
It is white with a tan top. Tan leather interior. New tires and getting it detailed in a few weeks. It is 45,000 carefully driven miles on it. Never been in a crash.
Old 12-16-2002, 11:07 AM   #20
Nap11TL
AF Newbie

I'd say $22,000 seems bout right. Depends on how fast you wanna move it. If your in no hurry you could wait on somebody willing to buy at 24-25 range.
Old 12-16-2002, 02:10 PM   #21
lowridder11
AF Enthusiast

I'd sell it right now to anybodyfor even 20 thousand!
Old 06-09-2003, 04:17 PM   #22
traciray
AF Newbie

Thumbs down BMW Z4 quality problems

I bought a Z4 less than two months ago (it has 3000 miles) and I've had a few quality problems. The plastic covering on the underside of the front part of the car partially fell off on the highway, ripping other small pieces of the car off (miscellaneous things on the underside of the car). It may be possible that this was due to a pothole of some sort, but I expect a car to be able to withstand such things. Due to the aforementioned, the outside thermometor is not functioning and there is now some squeaking noise coming from my brakes.

Also, in an unrelated issue, the cupholder latch periodically loosens, spilling hot beverages onto you while driving.
traciray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 02:17 PM   #23
lowridder11
AF Enthusiast

well, sumtimes u get really shity Bimmer sand sumtimes u get really nice bimmers. I have a really nice Z3 right now that will soon be traded for a new Z4.
Old 06-22-2003, 03:16 PM   #24
step1123
AF Newbie

Navigation System on Z4

Just got my Z4 about 10 days ago and logged on 1800 miles.
Every mile being an experience, for the fact that I used to be street racing abroad, brings me back to memory lane.

Q: Can anyone recommend a navigation system on a Z4 2.5.

I detail cars for a living and would encourge you visit my website at

www.townesdetailing.com

for a photograph of my love and I, visit

www.townesdetailing.com/photo.html

Take care and more Z4 miles to enjoy!

Steve.
Ps. If any one in this forum is interested to do a cross country on the Z, check me out, call 973 704 3972 if interested.
step1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 02:23 PM   #25
Z4newbie
AF Newbie

Z4 with quality snow tires

I own a new Z4 3.0 and am planning to drive it in the Upper Midwest in the winter. I have owned both a 328i and 528i in the past and not had much in the way of problems driving in the winter. I am going to add a belt and suspenders by getting some type of high quality snow tire for my Z4. Anyone have any experience with good snow tires on Bimmers and their effectiveness, and any specific tire recs?
Z4newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 04:14 PM   #26
lowridder11
AF Enthusiast

all snow tires have failed, i have skidded and crashed in the snow even with snow tires
Old 01-05-2004, 10:01 PM   #27
panini73
AF Newbie

Re: Bmw Z4

I have a Z3 and live in Wisconsin; we get a lot of snow! In general its not a good idea to drive the Z3, Z4 or M in the snow. However, you can always try loading up the trunk with sandbags and keep a small shovel handy, because if you're parked on a slope, the only direction you will be going is down.
panini73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 07:54 PM   #28
garyhoov
AF Newbie

We had some snow here (about 6 inches ) several weeks ago, and the car was pretty bad. The main problem I had was the rear wheels would spin very easily leading to fishtail. As long as I focused on letting the clutch out realllllllllly slowly I was able to control it.

I've got a couple 50 lb. dumbells that should fit nicely in the hollows in the trunk over the wheel wells. I'll try that next time we're expecting snow.
garyhoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 09:42 AM   #29
garyhoov
AF Newbie

On a related topic, does anyone really understand the DSC/DTC button? I read the related section in the manual, but it didn't seem really clear. They say to only use the DTC in deep snow or sand. Does it help on ice? I tried switching to it while driving on icy roads, and it didn't do anything that I could tell.

If anyone understands how it's supposed to work, I'd love to hear an explanation so I can better decide when I should use it.

Thanks!
garyhoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 03:32 PM   #30
drmgbrown
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcus
I have the regular 2.5 Z4 and I love it, only with one problem the traction control in the snow is bad. Does anyone have any comments on the Z4

Let me know

CEO
CLOVE NETWORKS
http://clove.net

:bandit:
I have the Z4 3.0i sport package. It has a posi rear in addition to the traction control. I am not sure if the 2.5 has a posi or not. You probably have all weather tires. Open rear, light car and all weather tires are not going to do well in the snow. The summer tires on my car are useless in the snow-I never even tried them. They are not all weathers but dedicated summer tires. I advise dedicated snow tires for winter use. I have made it through this past winter in PA rather well. The summer tires are 18 in Bridgestone S03's on 18 rims (factory option). The winter tires are Dunlop Winter Sport M3's on 17 inch rims. They are run flat tires and I have them on all four corners. I ordered the set from TireRack (from whom I have purchased in the past) and have been very happy with the service provided. Much past 5 or 6 inches of snow and the ground clearance issues of the car are a problem as the underbody floats on the snow and unloads the tires. As long as the weight is on the tires, the car does great. No problem with hill climbs. Stopping and starting is excellent and the directional control of these tires in ice, snow and slush is outstanding. Unlike the Blizzak tires I have on my wife's car, these are competent in the dry. the blizzak tires are awesome in the snow but a bit scarey in the dry. The Dunlop WinterSport M3's gave me a good balance of snow dry and wet performance. NEVER got stuck.
drmgbrown is offline   Reply With Quote