Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: The Evo VI or the R34?
Evo VI 28 27.18%
R34 75 72.82%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 06:28 PM   #61
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

everybody knows that skyline blows away all after it's in 3rd gear... you can tell when there are the comparisons of evo vs. gt-r and they have the 0-10, 0-20, etc. on to 0-100mph.. the times are almost the same most of the time, but the evo gets a little quicker from like 0-50 to 0-80... then after that you see the skyline leveling off back to the level of the evo.. and after 100mph the skyline will leave an evo in the dust
Haven't we had this exact conversation in a different thread? maybe in the skyline forum

anyway my choices are:

1. R34 GT-R
2. NSX
3. EVO
4. Supra
5 RX-7
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 10-24-2001, 12:31 PM   #62
FRESKO
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to FRESKO
Lightbulb

does anyone know anything about INITIAL-D ...???
how does a miss-firing system works ..???
Old 10-25-2001, 07:44 AM   #63
GTS-4 Ben
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to GTS-4 Ben
Initial D is pretty cool. I like how they go over what things are.

By Misfire system.. do you mean an antilag system or something alse?
Old 10-25-2001, 02:53 PM   #64
JD@af
Missing in action

Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
Question

DAMN! I've heard of "initial D," but I can't remember a thing about it.....

Anyone, anyone?
Old 10-27-2001, 03:11 AM   #65
GTS-4 Ben
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to GTS-4 Ben
It is anime. The lead guy drives a AE86, and well beats most things including the GTR's.

Each episode has something different going on. I could never see it coming to the USA or New Zealand... as it would inspire to many young guys to want to drift...

The car parts are 3D animation and the rest drawn.
Last one I downloaded had a SIL080 with a girl driving.
Prett cool

Ben
Old 10-27-2001, 06:15 AM   #66
F20C
AF Enthusiast

In the Comic where Intial D came from Takumi's dad recently bought a new Impreza!!
Old 10-27-2001, 06:15 AM   #67
F20C
AF Enthusiast

Also one more thing the routes in Intial D are based on real moutain routes in Japan.
Old 10-27-2001, 04:17 PM   #68
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

yeah i saw pictures from that anime toon, it looked sweet

where do you get episodes?
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 10-27-2001, 04:20 PM   #69
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
If only there was an Initial D Forum... What's this?
Old 10-27-2001, 11:02 PM   #70
violinandy
AF Enthusiast

you can get the initial D eps at animepad.cjb.net
Old 11-07-2001, 09:27 PM   #71
Twist
AF Enthusiast

I'll chime in quickly and risk Igor's wrath:

Lancer Evo 6, but I love Nissan's especially Silvia's!

Old 11-08-2001, 01:15 PM   #72
initialD
AF Newbie

i know its abit late

REALLLY now fellaz.........2 different cars built for 2 different applications.
1's a ralli car wid short gear ratios, and 1's touring, track sorta monster thing. BUt when alls stock.....looking at how the jap drivers cain the cars around the track....its normally 5 outa 6 times its the rotary power and handling that keeps the rx7 in front..hrmmmm tie between gtr and evo, and well depending on whos driving the nsx (the crazy old dude) its iether 2nd or keeping up with top 3.

Nywhoooooo me been a frequent passenger in a evo 6.5 with antilag or according to initialD missfiring system, 1.2 bar of boost and the odd application of NOS, it takes alot to beat this car, which 95 percent of the time the nos is disconnected. This cars no slouch, but neither is the gtr (me being a fan and a owner of an skyline) nothing comes close to the top end of the gtr......both cars good......but in my opinion....since the gtr being sorta heavy....alot of weight is on the front of the wheels and tends to understeer in hard cornering....while the evo has technology as AYC etc.

and who ever mention wrx?? LIKE WAT THE??? doesnt even compare.

and like.....intial D rocks i'd buy a ae86 and beat all the cars mentioned above down Mnt akina ehhhhe
Old 11-08-2001, 09:00 PM   #73
Twist
AF Enthusiast

While it's true that they are different cars built for different things, the comparison inevitabley comes up. So I just say Lancer even though I know that the Skyline is better in some dept's and the Lancer in others. I just got into cars with Silvia's and Lancer's so that's what I say I like best. But Igor here has seen, ridden and I imagine driven these cars and he thinks that Skyline is King. Good for him. What it comes down to for me is personal preference. You like one or the other period.

P.S. the above is not meant to be insulting or otherwise offensive. just stating my views :silly2:

Old 11-09-2001, 05:55 PM   #74
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Twist
But Igor here has seen, ridden and I imagine driven these cars and he thinks that Skyline is King.
I don't think he's driven those cars.... he lives in kentucky or somethin
Old 11-09-2001, 07:03 PM   #75
MattyG
AF Enthusiast

I don't want to diss on Lancers too much because EVO's are very nice, very fast cars, but for my money they just don't have the style of a Skyline.

A super fast granny car with lots of spoilers, skirts, and bonnet scoops and and stuff bolted on is still based on a granny car - It just doesn't have the on-road prescence of a Skyline in my opinion. Skyline's are faster (GTR anyway) and look cooler without even trying to look as cosmetically over done as an EVO.

BTW I am not taking into account the relative price difference between an EVO and an R34 GTR - thats a whole new discussion.

:smoker2: