Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 02:54 PM   #1
minjay
AF Newbie

removing car scratches please

Hello, I have nasty scratches on the side after brushing against a little wall. I bought a touch up pen of the same colour but I'm wondering what is the best method to remove these scratches, there are so many little marks I don't want to turn it into a mess more than it is already.

Here are the pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/7CGb2
minjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:59 PM   #2
StumpedGMowner1
AF Newbie

Re: removing car scratches please

Well really it depends on how deep the scratches are. If your seeing metal than I am affraid there is no quick pretty fix. If you went down to the paint and cant see metal tgan there is hope. You can 800 wet sand the deeper scratches in the clear coat until tgey are nearly gone being caeefull not to burn through the paint. Then clean and prep the spot with alcohol then clear coat it in several light coats. After it has dried thoroughly you 2000 wet sand to blend the clear coat then buff with a high speed buffer and glazing compound. Then wax with high speed buffer.
StumpedGMowner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 10:42 AM   #3
minjay
AF Newbie

I don't know, as you can see the scratches are white, I don't know if it's considered deep enough
minjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:33 AM   #4
StumpedGMowner1
AF Newbie

Well i didnt see thst you had puctures posted. It was late when i replied. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that is body tech material. Its not that its thru the clear coat but the length and width the damage covers. No paint pen or touch up can in the world can rescue you from this. Go get a couple quotes from local body shops. Another bad thi.g is your paint looks like a metallic or pearlescent. Both of which are extremely difficult to match. Good luck.
StumpedGMowner1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General