Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 09:14 AM   #1
GTRfan01
AF Regular

fujimi f430 challenge fitment issue

Hi all,
I hope some people out there can help me.
i have a fitment issue with my fujimi f430 challenge kit, it is a very obvious chassis to body issue and i am trying to work out if my body is out of shape or if its just a design fault, so i need to know if anyone else has found this problem?

if you have built this kit please let me know if the chassis fit well or not, did it seem a little loose?

mine is simply too loose, the parts that fit together at the front do not 'clip in' properly so the front could be out of shape, even though it looks OK to me.

This kit has to attach to the back first which fits fine, then there is a small tongue style piece (male) that fits into two C shaped pieces in the body (female) (common with most Japanese made kits)
However, with my kit the 'tongue' almost seems too short, it barely reaches the 'female' part it needs to fit into.
If i press on the front bar it clips in well, So either the front of the car is out of shape or i need to lengthen the 'tongue'.

If i am informed how other peoples kits have gone together then i will know how to fix it.
note; it is the fujimi f430 Challenge kit not the standard f430.

thank you.
GTRfan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:42 PM   #2
ulap1
AF Newbie

Re: fujimi f430 challenge fitment issue

Hi,
I have a F430 Challenge kit that is still waiting to be built. So I took the pieces out of the box and tested the fit. Seems I have same issue. In front section there is almost 1 mm gap between body and chassis. I can not say whether chassis is too short or body too long, but exactly as you mentioned, the tongue on the chassis barely touches the brackets in body that should hold it.
However, if you attach spoiler (part D8) to chassis, it creates support for the body and prevents chassis from diving into body in front section
ulap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ulap1 For This Useful Post:
GTRfan01 (06-02-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 03:20 AM   #3
GTRfan01
AF Regular

Re: fujimi f430 challenge fitment issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulap1 View Post
Hi,
I have a F430 Challenge kit that is still waiting to be built. So I took the pieces out of the box and tested the fit. Seems I have same issue. In front section there is almost 1 mm gap between body and chassis. I can not say whether chassis is too short or body too long, but exactly as you mentioned, the tongue on the chassis barely touches the brackets in body that should hold it.
However, if you attach spoiler (part D8) to chassis, it creates support for the body and prevents chassis from diving into body in front section
Yes yours sounds exactly the same as mine.
Thank you for pointing out the front spoiler fitment too, i missed the fact that it attaches to the chassis the way it does.
Seeing that yours is the same i now know my body is fine, so i will go ahead and add a 1mm strip of styrene to extend the 'tongue' which will hold it in much better.

thanks very much for your reply.
GTRfan01 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling