Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 01:09 PM   #31
MaxPayne
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MaxPayne
Quote:
Originally posted by n8tuner
250k without major repairs? you must be talking about hondas!
You need to check out the Maxima.org forums. Last month there was a thread where people posted their mileage and there were a few people with Max's over 300k miles, and most people had well over 100k and even 200k was not uncommon. When the 300k+ crowd was asked for repair record, it was just minimal things that are wearables anyway (brakes, belts, maybe a hose or two), or one component like an alternator with very little if any mention of engine problems.

Many Eclipses, however, are plagued with engine problems. I know this first hand. Turbos crap out, head gaskets blow, heads get warped, transfer cases explode (AWD), poor gear shifting, especially the 1-2 crunch. Most of this I've personally experienced in a GSX, but similar tles can be found on dsm.org as well.

I've heard of transmissions taking a plunge in Maximas, but they can usually be fixed with a valve body mod.
MaxPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 02:06 PM   #32
n8tuner
AF Newbie

read between the lines, I'm trying to sell the mitsu because of it's maintenance requirements--I was making a sales pitch to see if eek-lips-man would put his money where his mouth is. Mitsu makes shit cars, or at least they used to, prolly people are buying them because mitsu has had to resort to practically giving them away with the 0-0-0 sales pitch, notice in their ads they focus on how easy it is to buy one and not the actual qualities of the cars. I understand the predicament, trying to sell the car that you know is really shit--come on eek-lips-man, buy my talon and prove me wrong--ha,ha,ha-no, the max is NOT for sale!
n8tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 03:26 PM   #33
MaxPayne
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MaxPayne
Ahhhh!! Ok. I posted that because I thought you were saying Maxima's reliability couldn't compare to a Honda's reliability.
MaxPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 04:24 PM   #34
n8tuner
AF Newbie

so there is a chance I can fix my tranny with the valve body mod?--tell me more, thought I would have to replace the whole thing. it slips really bad, slowly gets up to about 25-35mph-was under the impression the clutches were worn out and was cheaper to replace than rebuild--would like to get the max back on the road before the talon explodes on the road--still waiting for eek-lips-man to come & buy it off me.
n8tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 06:39 PM   #35
thrasher
AF Enthusiast

Hey, just to point something out, so that everyone is aware of this. EclipseBOY only made one post throughout this entire thread, and look at the power he had with that one post. He got grips of people pissed off and even sparked new arguments. If we really want to show our disdain, we should just ignore him, plain and simple. That way he doesn't get the satisfaction of watching us all get pissed. Just my thoughts.
:bandit:
thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 07:13 PM   #36
97wvmax
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 97wvmax
not pissed off, jus all agree that him and his car take it up the butt:apoke:
97wvmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 07:14 PM   #37
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

go to the eclipse forum. he's got a similar post there. a few of the subscribers are giving the proper respect to maximas.
Paonessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 08:49 PM   #38
GEESHACK
AF Newbie

an Eclipse would kick a maximas ass

OK whateva. It is really sad that an Eclipse must be turbo to beat a MAX, but if you take a turbo MAX= 420-450HP and can run 11's possibly, the Eclipse will be eclipsed by the Maxima.
GEESHACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 10:48 AM   #39
Pick
AF Fanatic

hey moron eclipseboy

eclipse-sports car
maxima-4 door sedan
eclipse- 2 door
maxima- 4 door
eclipse- performance tuned motor
maxima- grocery getter with performance
eclipse- POS