Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 03:33 PM   #16
MaxPayne
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MaxPayne
I think EclipseFocker is just upset that he got beat by a Maxima sometime.

The GSX is a pretty powerful car, but you need to get a boost controller to get more than 250hp out of it, and when you boost to 14psi, you seriously start compromising the life of the engine, not to mention the driveline has some issues, namely the transfer case. The Eclipse is not a reliable car and is subject to breakdown.

The Maxima? 190 NA, with a few easy mods, get around 210 without compromising the engine at all. So yeah, the Eclipse GSX may be able to beat a Maxima, but I'll be driving my car for at LEAST 250,000 miles with no major repairs while the Eclipse will have its turbo crap out near 100k. And that's a $1500 part! Whew, I'll take the Maxima... comfort, power, reliability, and stability. Not to mention... you can get a supercharger and LSD if you want, but the Forced Induction Max is still far more reliable than a stock Eclipse.

:finger4:
MaxPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 07:00 PM   #17
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by igor@af
hey guys,

I was wondering if it was ok to leave this thread here as it is a good one Or should it be deleted after all? Please let me know.
Leave it, sometimes it's good to hear idiots such as eclipsewoman vent his frustrations and the idiot comes into our own backyard to do so. Anyway, this thread he started is the same as the other he started so let him/her have its' way>must be a PAT.
Also it'll be the only 2 threads he started that anyone of us will every reply to again. HEY FELLAS, YALL HEARD THAT, ECLIPSETHING OR WHATEVER HESHE CALLS ITSELF NOWADAYS IS SHUTDOWN>NO ONE RESPONDS TO ANYMORE OF HIS IDIOTIC THREADS EVER AGAIN.
Thank you Moderator
and thank you to all my Max brother and sisters who are on this forum and believe in its' constructive nature. >Keep Postin
bk2kmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 01:17 AM   #18
GTi-VR6_A3
H4X0R T0 T3H M4X0R

Send a message via AIM to GTi-VR6_A3
please dont refer to him as a woman. i have respect for women as one of them is my gf one my mom and many are family or friends. lets just kall it an it like it should be.

-GTi-VR6_A3
Old 12-10-2002, 10:06 AM   #19
Mmmaxx
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Mmmaxx
Hmm AWD Turbo Eclipse , I've personally kicked ones ass so I guess your wrong.
Mmmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 10:18 AM   #20
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

none of you guys go into the other forums and post messages like this idiot right? i don't

people can be such buttholes. if i wanted an eclipse i could've gotten an eclipse. i didn't feel like buying a car so people like my sister could call it a "cute" car. i wanted a beast so i bought a maxima
plus, i've beaten my friend in his plymouth laser turbo and it's the same a gst eclipse i'd think awd would steal a little power

Last edited by Paonessa; 12-10-2002 at 12:03 PM.
Paonessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 06:15 PM   #21
sagamax
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to sagamax
ha talk all the shit u want once we drop a turbo in da max its over :greenchai :finger4: :smoka:
sagamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 08:11 PM   #22
n8tuner
AF Newbie

250k without major repairs? you must be talking about hondas!
I got 1991 max se & eagle talon tsi awd both, sitting side by side in my driveway, living together in perfect harmony as the song goes.
The max tranny went away at 140k, slips too bad to drive, waiting for repairs, so I'm driving the talon and I don't race maxes out of respect,( but let's face it 4DSC stands for 4 door sedan car).
Comparing the 2 cars, the talon is about 400 lbs lighter and 30 hp over the max stock. For about $750 I can squeeze 300 hp out of my talon, but don't yet know the potential of the max, but think it would cost more.
Neither car was ever as fast as my 86 rx-7, stock n/a, 146 hp- a true sports car, and for me, no car has ever been as reliable as 2 accords I had, 500k total on them with no major repairs.
As far as women drivers go, my niece Sonya Pennel will win daytona 500 some day, she's taking time off now to raise her 3 kids, but from age 13 she raced stock cars on paved tracks and dominated the series for a number of years. The "men" tried to have her disqualified saying she didn't have a valid drivers license, but it turns out fot this tri-county series in central Wisconsin, there were no such rules and the track was not considered a public road. She dominated, she & her pa built their own cars at his auto-shop, Van's in Necedah Wi. her pa & uncle had always sponsered a car in the series-- having learned to drive at 12, she was always begging to drive the race car and one practice weekend they let her drive and she had the fastest laps so they let her race!
with her winning she bought and built her susequent race cars, painted sponsor logos on the side herself that she had solicited, worked part-time at the local diner and played on the HS basketball team every year!. When she was 15 she had a cherry 69 mustang mach1, 351 cleveland that she bought with some of her winnings, it had to sit and wait in the garage for her to get her drivers license--what irony.
n8tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 10:07 AM   #23
97wvmax
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 97wvmax
Hey 97wvmax, I thought this idiot eclipseman was kicked off of this forum, he keep posting the same idiotic crap thread about an eclipse beating a max.
If you guys look back a couple of pages this idiot is basically posting the same thing, just worded differently, after my post how about noone else waste any more time on this idiot and the next time he posts or start a thread we all just ignore the dumb @$$ idiot.

To eclipseman, if I catch you somewherez, say a dark alley or a well lit area like in front of my police station>how bout I beat your ass.
To the moderator, please get this idiot and his same idiotic thread about an eclipse beating a max off of our forum and send him back to the dumps where he belong.
Eclipseman>should be called eclipsewoman cause he don't have the b@lls to meet a real man face to face and talk trash.

ECLIPSE U R A FAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:finger4: :finger4: :finger4: :finger4:

dude, i kno i was on that 1 too. but we all kno that eclipse=shit there is now way in hell that he could win stock vs stock or at all. maximas i think are one of the best cars, ive raced pretty much every1 in kno and the only one that even came close was a monte carlo and my friends base model 3000gt. id like to get up on the interstate and run with them instead of doin lights or goin out in the stix, but i have that damn gov. chip in my max. im gonna get my ecu swaped out sometime soon i hope.:frog: haha, and still eclipse vs max :cwn27: :cwn27: :cwn27: :cwn27: :cwn27: :cwn27: :cwn27: :cwn27: :cwn27:
97wvmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 11:34 AM   #24
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

N8
you're talking about a maxima with 50 hp less than the 4th gen and 100 hp less than the new ones. I think, no i know first hand, that 4th gen+ will beat the gsx,gst eclipses talons and lasers. i beat my friends laser with just my intake in at the time. it was definitely close but i had about a car at 100mph

which leads me to my next question. what is with all the same fucking cars under 3 different badges. and how did mitsubishi get mixed in with eagle and plymouth
Old 12-11-2002, 11:52 AM   #25
n8tuner
AF Newbie

yeah, chrysler & mitsu made strange bedfelleows, but mitsu broke away from mopar in 95. they even sold eagles w/renault engines & they put mitsu motors in hyundais.
oh yeah, almost anybody could beat a n/a 4 banger laser, except of course the b210. The new EVO lancer from mitsu with 270 hp would theoretically kick even a new 350zx, being much lighter with it's 1.8 litre. Was the issue ever resolved about the new max HP--is it 240 or 255 as advertised?
Old 12-11-2002, 12:21 PM   #26
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

My buddies laser is turbo
and as for those new evo 8 lancers. i was thinking of getting one. ferbruary 8th they arrive in showrooms less than $30,000
Old 12-11-2002, 12:50 PM   #27
QueenMaXimA
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to QueenMaXimA
all i have to say is that it is SAD that it takes a turbo charged car to beat a MaXimA...
Old 12-11-2002, 04:45 PM   #28
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by QueenMaXimA
all i have to say is that it is SAD that it takes a turbo charged car to beat a MaXimA...
Yeah that is pretty sad, imagine if we were turbod, he wouldn't stand a chance. He told someone on the same @ss thread he started b4 that his eclipse runs 9's.
Show us the slips, eclipseman or show us the video, otherwise as far as we on this forum are concerned you're a liar and we're all millionares.
My point being that I or you or whoever can get on this forum and be anyone they want to be and their cars can run whatever. Until you come with some slips or a video, stay the f@ck off of this forum, haterz like you aren't welcome. :finger: :flamer: :eshooter:
bk2kmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 05:27 PM   #29
n8tuner
AF Newbie

greetings eclipseman,(eek-lips-man?), yeah those DSM cars are really sweet, and I have a car for you, my 99talon tsi AWD--trying to sell it for a month now, was just waiting for you to come along. it's black and white, full aero, very straight, all options including ABS & CD, it's a total babe magnet!! I put about $3,000 into it in the last 3 months. ong list, all reciepts. You can do about $800 in mods to make at about 300 HP, or for $4000 you can get the motor-turbo=combo from magnusmotorsport.com and have over 800HP!! Just think, then you can dog maximas all day long--4DSC?
until the new RX-8 comes out, 4D & SC are contradictory terms, but the max is sporty from an SUV reference point.
But alas, the maximas are fabulous cars, and my max is NOT for sale.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:36 AM   #30
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

hey n8
if that car is so great with so much potential why you keepin the max?

and how come mitsubishi switched the eclipses to a n/a 3.0 v6. just like the maxima. and when they did this sales jumped over what previous eclipse sales were.