Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-18-2002, 11:34 PM   #1
95maxSE
Banned

Question Handling Problems? No Acceleration?

MY MAXIMA SEEMS TO DRIFT THE OPPOSITE WAY WHEN I MAKE EVEN THE SLIGHTEST TURN.

ALSO WHEN I MAKE A U TURN AND CUT MY WHEEL ALL THE WAY I HEAR A LOUD CLANK COMING FROM THE FRONT TIRES(ANY SUGGESTION TO WHAT THIS NOISE COULD BE)

I ALSO PUT NEW BRAKE PADS IN AND HEAR A RUBBING SOUND,AND SQUEEKING WHEN I PUSH DOWN ON THE BRAKES(ITS NOT THE ROTOR I DONT THINK BECAUSE THEY ARE ALSO NEW) NOW WHEN I DRIVE ALSO I HEAR A SQUEEKING NOISE FROM THE FRONT.

I THINK MY MAXIMA SLOW ,WHEN I FLOOR THE GAS IT TAKES ABOUT 3 SECONDS FOR THE CAR TO PICK UP AND MOVE...
DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM OR IS THAT THE WAY THEIR SUPPOSED TO BE...I DID A FULL TUNE UP 2 MONTHS AGO

ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD HELP
:alien: :flash:
95maxSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 12:10 AM   #2
funnylittlman
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to funnylittlman
Is your max an Auto? If it is, then that's why there's a little delay. Most of the power is in the mid to high end RPM range, so for an auto, it feels like a surge..... but maybe that's me. I have the stick, so I can just slam the clutch in at 2 and 1/2 and miss that low end stuff. Also, did you lower the car or something, b/c there is another question in this forum that dealt with that (The guy had that same noise and he fixed the problem due to the car being lowered). Also, the humm from your brakes might be from a frozen caliper. Your acceleration could be affected by that also. I hope this helps.

APEX'i Cat Back Exhaust
PIAA Super Whites
Clear Diamond Cut Bumpers
Cleared Rear Corners
H&R Sport Springs
KYB AGX Adjustable Struts & Mounts
funnylittlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 12:24 AM   #3
97wvmax
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 97wvmax
my breaks will sqweek sometimes if im applying pressure lightly, ive done all kinds of stuff to try and make it stop but nothing works when i wash the rotors and bads with a pressure hose at a carwash, it makes it stop for a littile while. some of the ppl ive asked about it say that the break dust does it. go here http://www.motorvate.ca and look at the instructions on how to clean the throttle body that might help some of the delay , my max hesitated a lil bit too, but i tightened the TB cables and it doesnt hesitate much, but mine is an AT too. the pedal will be a lot more touchy after ya tighten, so dont jus start up and push the pedal like halfway down but make sure ya dont make the cables too tight cuz it will make ur car idle too high

:smoka: :smoka: :frog: :frog: :smoka: :smoka: :frog: :frog:
97wvmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 12:27 AM   #4
97wvmax
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 97wvmax
almost forgot, have ya had ur car aligned? that could be y ya driftin
97wvmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 10:13 AM   #5
loudo16
AF Newbie

I had the hesitation prob. and it ended up being 2 bad injectors. This prob is more know in the 90 -93 max's. It gets this slime on the tip of the injector like some std on your car . Do it yourself and its bout $600 in parts.
loudo16 is offline   Reply With Quote