Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 09:41 PM   #16
Thourun
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Thourun
Heh ok, have you used two jacks or is one fine? I'm a thin guy (130lbs @ 5'11") but squezeing in under there would be pushing it lol.
Installed: ESP front precat eliminating downpipe, test pipe, RF-1008 K&N, Dejon tool Y pipe, 1G DSM BOV, MSD wires, Guted rear pre cat, ISSPRO EV Marine boost gauge, IPO MBC, EGR blockoffs, Palm m515 dataloger setup, NGK iridium plugs, SPEC stage II clutch 500ft/lb, 5300k HID plug and play setup.

Soon:Topline Engineering ground wires.
Thourun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:09 PM   #17
StealthModifier
AF Enthusiast

Re: How much oil?

yea, u must be really thin.. im pretty skinny an im 6' 165lbs. but im sure one will do.. just make sure u got the jack locked..dont want a 4300 lb beast falling on u.. but if u dont like that.. u can jack up one side an put a jack stand under 1 of the..i dont know what its called exactly..but its this bracket that comes down that connects to the suspensions.. its rounded... but jack up the other side an put it on both..heck, u might just be able to crawl under there ....but the only time ive ever changed my oil was when it was 6ft. in the air..but i would say the best way is to use one jack on the drivers side an jack it up so the wheel is an inch or 2 off the ground
Old 08-17-2004, 10:43 PM   #18
Thourun
AF Enthusiast

Yea I'm going to use the jack my dad has for his 4Runner, much nicer then the emergency one in the trunk of ours and hydrolic and much bigger!
Installed: ESP front precat eliminating downpipe, test pipe, RF-1008 K&N, Dejon tool Y pipe, 1G DSM BOV, MSD wires, Guted rear pre cat, ISSPRO EV Marine boost gauge, IPO MBC, EGR blockoffs, Palm m515 dataloger setup, NGK iridium plugs, SPEC stage II clutch 500ft/lb, 5300k HID plug and play setup.

Old 08-17-2004, 11:30 PM   #19
StealthModifier
AF Enthusiast

yea. thats what i meant by jack.. the one for our cars wont lift it up as much as those hydrolic ones do
Old 08-18-2004, 02:37 AM   #20
sLADe781
AF Enthusiast

You guys fill the new filter before screwing it back on? Hmm....I've always just screwed it on without filling the filter. What's the advantage of filling the filter beforehand?
sLADe781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 02:51 AM   #21
Thourun
AF Enthusiast

Man we're up late lol, I would guess it gets the oil in all the nooks and crannies of the system providing a more accurate dipstick reading.

Old 08-18-2004, 02:56 AM   #22
sLADe781
AF Enthusiast

Ah, I see. Okay, that makes sense... And yeah, we're up hella late. LOL What time is it over there for you? It's 1 in the morning here.
sLADe781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 09:20 AM   #23
youngmanvr4
AF Enthusiast

Musashi3000GT, the ticking sound isn't is loud now but as far as oil pressure it does happen till i have been driving her for an hour or more like on the highway going somewhere. And i haven't done that yet. I'll keep you up to date on what it did.

94 vr-4 with 58k.

Mods: K&N FIPK, HKS EVC IV, HKS boost gauge, testpipe, EGR by-passed.

Sound: Profile Chrome and Gold amplifier (200W) and (2) 10" Red Cone Sony Xplod Subs.

Coming soon: Stillen downpipe, DN rear pre-cat, Defi boost and EGT gauge's with control unit on A-pillar.

youngmanvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 01:34 PM   #24
thre3kgt811
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: How much oil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthModifier
sLADe781.. i meant jack it up on the drivers side.. i was thinkin of the transmission for some odd reason .. but about putting 3-4 quarts in and lettin it run for 30 mins isnt a good idea.. cuz once u turn it off ull have to wait a few hours for the oil to drain down so u can see exactly how much oil u have.. i say just put 4 quarts in and let it sit there for about 5 mins or so.. then check the dipstick.. i wanna say i put 5 in mine... but im not really sure.. also when u put in a new oil filter.. fill it up with the oil u are going to use first before putting it back on

i said 30 seconds not 30 mins. and u just line the inside edge of the filter before u screw it on. trust me im a certified lube technician lol
thre3kgt811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 05:25 PM   #25
Thourun
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: How much oil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
Ah, I see. Okay, that makes sense... And yeah, we're up hella late. LOL What time is it over there for you? It's 1 in the morning here.
It was allmost 4 am for me lol! I slept tilll 5 haha... I need to get stuff done, no more of that. I didn't realize you lived in Calli (I'm in Mass).

Old 08-18-2004, 05:30 PM   #26
youngmanvr4
AF Enthusiast

The reason why you fill the filter of oil before the put it on, is so that way you dont start your engine dry. The next time you change your oil...dont fill the filter before putting it on. Then start your engine up. Watch your oil pressure gauge. It will take 5 secs before it starts to show pressure...then next time fill your filter full of oil. It will show oil almost right away. What has to happen is you start the engine...the oil pump has to pump oil to the filter then from there it can go to your engine. Makes since?

BTW...i need to explan what i meant when i said my oil pressure drops. After driving around for a hour or two (getting the oil warmed up and yes i know it doesn't take that long to get your oil warmed up) then you stop at a stop light or whatever reason...and just let it idle the oil pressure will drop right above to what shows almost nothing on the gauge. I do know that you will not have as much pressure when not at a highier RPM such as 3000 rpm. But just idling it shouldn't drop that far down. So i dont know why its doing it. But i want to find out. I just wanted to let you know what i meant.

94 vr-4 with 58k.

Mods: K&N FIPK, HKS EVC IV, HKS boost gauge, testpipe, EGR by-passed.

Sound: Profile Chrome and Gold amplifier (200W) and (2) 10" Red Cone Sony Xplod Subs.

Coming soon: Stillen downpipe, DN rear pre-cat, Defi boost and EGT gauge's with control unit on A-pillar.

youngmanvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 06:43 PM   #27
StealthModifier
AF Enthusiast

but why would u let the engine run for 30 seconds? that makes most of the oil go back up in the engine.. and if u have it back up in the engine.. and check an it says low or whatever.. then u would put more in, when it could already be enough.. but yal think 1 in the mornin is late? im on here mosty til 2.. sometimes til 3
Old 08-18-2004, 09:43 PM   #28
Thourun
AF Enthusiast

Heh yea I know I see you here then alot, thats when I'm on too.

Old 08-18-2004, 10:02 PM   #29
StealthModifier
AF Enthusiast

its like..11:02 here. whats it where u are?
Old 08-18-2004, 10:10 PM   #30
Thourun
AF Enthusiast

Same, eastern time zone i'm guessing lol.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth