Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 05:57 PM   #1
Acornman
AF Newbie

Question 95 Pathfinder - will not crank over

I am having a tough time figuring out this one. 1995 Pathfinder XE-V6 that starts sometimes perfectly and other times will not turn over the starter (not even a click). Battery is new and fully charged. It acts like a neutral safety switch that is in gear when you turn the key. Everything lights up, fuel pressure comes up, turn the ignition to start and it seems that no power goes to the starter. The neutral safety switch seems to work fine because when you move the shifter back and forth with the key turned to the start position, the relay clicking is heard at the correct positions. If you leave the truck sit overnight it will almost always start just fine. I'm thinking high resistance someplace in the starting system or a bad starter. The starter has always turned over a little slow in my opinion. Could it be a bad solenoid on the starter? Anybody else run into this before?

thanks,
Eric
Acornman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 05:18 PM   #2
hbar
AF Newbie

Re: 95 Pathfinder - will not crank over

Sure sounds like it's a bad starter........

Bahr
hbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 05:48 PM   #3
Acornman
AF Newbie

Smile Fixed it - bad starter

I changed the starter over the weekend and so far so good. No problems anymore that I can tell. Anyone that needs to change the starter, be prepared with the correct tools and be ready to get your hands dirty with old drain oil sludge. I will forever more be putting a plastic bag "protector" around the starter area whenever the oil filter is coming off. Bought a NAPA rebuilt starter for $109 with a 3 year warrenty. Should be good to go again now.

Thanks for the reply,
Eric
Acornman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail