Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Rumors & Concepts
Car Rumors & Concepts Post pictures and discuss the upcoming cars, rumors and spy photos.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-07-2001, 01:59 PM   #1
Innotech
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Innotech
From the heart of Modena in Italy came this surprise monster supercar capable of 225 mph. the car was built for 2 reasons. The engineers and designers from ex. Bugatti, Ferrari, Lancia, and formula one felt their talents would be wasted, so they decided to build this car. The car was made to celebrate the 21st century, and indeed this car was presented a minute or so into te 21st century, right after new years. Only 21 units will ever be built, and they are all intended for "hedonist" or pleasure seeking owners, which is the reason for the name "edonis' meaning pleasure in greek. Each car will be named after a scientist or other famous person from one of 21 assigned centuries. each will be custom built and powered by a 3.5 liter biturbo v12 engine with over 650 BHp and 735 nM of torque. It is expected to weigh 1300 kgs, and top 225-230 mph. 0-60 in sub 4 seconds.

Old 02-07-2001, 02:51 PM   #2
enzo@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to enzo@af Send a message via AIM to enzo@af
I don't like it. Not my taste.
Old 02-07-2001, 02:57 PM   #3
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
i think it looks pretty cool.
Different is GOOD, i am tired of almost all the cars looking the same- there's always a clone made as soon as something becomes successful. This one does not look to be any other car's clone.
Old 02-07-2001, 11:04 PM   #4
enzo@af
Old Mod

The rear-shot somehow reminds me of a Pagani Zonda. Still don't like it.
Old 02-08-2001, 09:05 AM   #5
Innotech
AF Regular

Enzo. you will grow accustomed to the looks...I didnt like it at first, but seeing any exotic car from multiple angles would change your mind...this is only a picture, and 2d pictures can never experience the actual looks of the car in full sunlight, being there looking at this creation....Wait for larger pictures from magazines and the autoshow, then make a decision again...you will probably warm up to it....
Old 02-08-2001, 09:06 AM   #6
Innotech
AF Regular

sorry, but I have not actually SEEN the car. I wish!
Old 02-08-2001, 06:04 PM   #7
enzo@af
Old Mod

Good points Innotech. My initial reaction was that it's too ornamented. It seems like they are trying to make it flashy. So much that the lines of the car really don't look natural or have any sense of flow to them. I looked at the pictures again, and you're kind of right. I think that rear shot really got better. But, on the other hand, I found the other shots a little worse.

I'm open to changing my mind though. I used to hate Vipers, but now....nice cars.
Old 02-17-2001, 07:14 AM   #8
danmangt40
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to danmangt40
Thumbs up

love it, anyone's addition to the supercar market is ok by me, as long as they aren't abusing their name's value and selling their car for twice its original asking price, not that I'm gonna say anything bad, shelby wanted to remain anonymous. oops. jk, seriously tho, I like it, and it looks like it's got some serious tool-up money behind it, so I'm all for it. 21 tho? what is the trend with all of these damn SUPER-short production lines, eh?
20 paganis, 21 edonis, etc. mclaren built 100 (64 street-legal version) cars, remember? and that's the most exotic car ever, right? it looks mass-market compared to the edonis. I'd appreciate anyone who has the balls to start a company and intend to be a real player in this market, like mosler (www.moslerauto.com)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Rumors & Concepts