Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Super GT
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Super GT Japanese Grand Touring Series organized by JAF; inluding JGTC, and JTCC
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-19-2001, 10:41 PM   #1
R33
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to R33
Question Who do you all think will win?

Guys, the Japanese Grand Touring Car Championship (third round) will be held at the Sepang F1 track this weekend. Of particular interest to us Skyline nuts are the Loctite Zexel GTR/Castrol NISMO GTR/UNISIA Xanavi GTR and the Calsonic GTR. Last year's champ in Malaysia was the Calsoninc GTR.
Stiff competition will come from the Takata Dome NSX/Castrol Mugen NSX/Castrol TOM's Supra and the Endless Advan Supra. Outsiders will be the Eclipse RD TAISAN Viper/SOK McLaren GTR and of course the greatest underperformer in the JGTCC ie the Nomad Diablo GT-1
One must remember that past performances in Japan dpoes not count at all for the race in Malaysia because of the extreme heat over here (ambient of 34 C/track temp of up to 45 C !) Last year the NSX was leading all the way until the engine poped due to the heat. The GTR than took over and finished first (so, you know whose engine is hardy enough to withstand the abuse!).
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysian capital) now has this CAR-nival like atmosphere for the past month as these cars were paraded from one to another venues. Of course the Race Queens have also contributed to the euphoria. Yours truly has been invited to participate in the Super Car support race with my EVO VI friend but had to decline. WE WILL BE READY NEXT YEAR (at which time it is hoped that my GTR would have about 550 hp!)
So, who do you all think will win this JGTCC?:sun:
R33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 01:19 AM   #2
Racer 20
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Racer 20
I don't care. The Calsonic GT-R just looks too damn good. With that nice shade of blue etc. I guess I'd like the Calsonic to win. lol
Racer 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 09:40 AM   #3
SkylineUSA
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SkylineUSA
34, That's not HOT, growin up in Phoenix we would see 45-48 on a regular basis.

Anyways, I wish we could see a race like that. I always watch speed vision over here in the US and have yet to see a Skyline race. To bad their not in the 24 hours of Le Mans.

I will be pullin for the Castrol, but McLaren makes a bad a$$ car.

Good Luck next year, I am sure we all will be pullin for you
SkylineUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 11:49 PM   #4
R33
AF Enthusiast

Cool

45-48? That's HOT man...in that kind of temperature, I am sure the damn NSX/Supra would melt after 3 laps
It's a shame that Skyline race is not showm over there....why...we even have NASCAR over here Tell you what, I have a VCD (in Japanese though) of a race between stock R34/EVO Six/WRX STi/RX Seven/Integra R/Sylvia etc (guess who wins?) Gimme your address - I will post it to you, anytime.
Yeah...I need all the support next year....I'd only managed an average of 2min 50 secs around Sepang track with the car unstripped and running 1.02 bar with Bridgie SO2 road tires. In free practice recently, a fully worked Porsche GT3 on slick did 2m 40s! A lot of catching up I have to do there But with TO4R running at 1.4 bar churning 550 horses and racing fuel and slicks next year, I think I could manage 2m 40s:licker: Hopefully...
Old 06-22-2001, 04:48 AM   #5
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Oh, I so wish I could watch those races!

I'm an NSX fan in general, but I have to root for the Castrol NISMO GT-R. There's something about it's dull gray/silver color that just makes it look mean; like it plays dirty.

What's the date of the race? I'll have to remember to read the race report at www.jgtc.net afterwards. You all should, too! There's an english section in there somewhere...
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 03:52 PM   #6
R35
AF Enthusiast

I wonder if I could catch it on the dish somewhere

Man we need to start up our own GT race in the US.

My vote is on the Nisimo also, I'm a bit bias towards Nisimo products
Old 06-25-2001, 10:52 PM   #7
R33
AF Enthusiast

Gentlemen, here's the result.
In the GT 500, the Au Cerumo Supra started on pole and led the race for 44 laps followed by the Uniflo Esso Supra and Xanavi GTR. The Cerumo's second driver suffered from dehydration (I told yer all it's HOT over here!) and the Uniflo Supra overtook in the 44th lap. The Cerumo had to make an unscheduled pit stop because of that. The Uniflo Supra went on to win followed by Takata Dome NSX which overtook the Xanavi GTR earlier. Another NSX overtook the Xanavi to initially take 3rd position and the Xanavi got 4th. The third NSX was however given a 1 min penalty for overtaking during yellow flag so the Xanavi GTR got 3rd finally. The Calsonic and Loctite GTRs fought a realy exciting battle to finally get 8th and 9th. The Supras were really fast and it seemed that they got their cars right this year.
The GT 300 was won by the Sylvia team followed by the Impreza and Toyota MR-S.
All in all, it was an exciting 300 km race which also saw the Viper/Corvette/Porsche and Ferrari Modena getting whipped lap after lap by the Japs cars. For the record, the Mc Laren did finish the race and the Modena finished last. The Diablo lasted only ONE lap!:finger:
Old 06-28-2001, 10:20 PM   #8
SkylineUSA
AF Fanatic

I saw some of the Modena's here at road Atlanta. I was not impressed, but damn they sound good.

Thanks for the play by play R33, felt like I was there drinking a beer with ya. You know doing that male bonding stuff

It amazing how much more is out there in the world, and most Americans are blind as bats when it comes to life beyond the american soil.

Thanks again, Man for the race info.
Old 06-28-2001, 11:19 PM   #9
R35
AF Enthusiast

"Male bonding" and Sky is from GA!!!!!
Is this where we tell R33 to RUN!!!!!

Isn't GA where they filmed "Deliverance"?!:cwn27:
Old 06-29-2001, 07:15 AM   #10
SkylineUSA
AF Fanatic

Not Bondage, Bonding. I am pretty sure there is slight difference.

That is funny though, R35:finger:
Old 06-30-2001, 06:00 AM   #11
R33
AF Enthusiast

Cool

Male bonding over a cool beer (or several cool beer) in the bloody hot sun at the Sepang F1 track.....here I come No bondage though...we are Malaysian
I wonder why the most sophisticated, advanced,modern and dynamic democracy in the whole fucking universe do not show JGTC on their TV screen, at least on cable? :o Why, we even have American Football/NBA/Baseball/CART over here:alien:
Old 07-01-2001, 12:10 AM   #12
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Those bastard cable bitches!!!:greenchai

I bet I couldn't even find it on my parent's satelite, though!

[sigh]The closest I'll ever get to watching one is by watching GT2 replays on the PlayStation while listening to a Japanese baseball game from the other room.

Maybe we [Americans] should write a letter to Speedvision. They play some real wierdo stuff sometimes, so they should be thankful for legitamate suggestions.
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 07:49 PM   #13
SkylineUSA
AF Fanatic

Hey R33,

Isn't Malaysia were that dumdass American Kid got wacked with a cain a few years back. You guys should have given him 40 whacks.
Old 07-05-2001, 08:53 PM   #14
R33
AF Enthusiast

Sky, we don't whip rascals around here....we put them in a GT car and remote drive around the S bend at 200mph without brake!

That American kid was caught spraying paints on cars in S'pore. He was, as I remember, convicted and caned in S'pore. Poor lil' fello....
Old 07-06-2001, 07:24 AM   #15
SkylineUSA
AF Fanatic

Funny thing is, is that kid started doing the same shit here when he got back to the states. Once a dumbass, always a dumbass.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Super GT