Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-03-2002, 09:15 AM   #1
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Lightbulb S16 Silvia

Hooray! This is my 1000th post! Okay party's over.

As time has progressed, my relationship with Nissan has in some ways mutated, in the sense that the new partial ownership of Renault has influenced heavily upon their products. Not influenced by European design, but more by COO Carlos Ghosn's firm economic restructuring of the company within. Just as many feel that the R34 Skyline GT-R is the last of its kind--you know, the overbearing superfluous beast of a race-proven grand tourer type--many will also soon feel the same for the S15, again being one of the last genuine sports cars from Nissan. Ghosn called for a reduction in the number of platforms, and out came the XVL which played host to nearly all currently available and forthcoming Nissan automobiles.

Don't exclude the S16 Silvia. Like the ::deep breath:: Skyline GT/G35, GT-R/X35(?), Stagea, Altima, and Fairlady Z/350Z, the next Silvia will use the XVL derived chassis, so expect the general shape to be along the lines of what we are seeing today. Unlike the aforementioned machines, the next Silvia will most likely use an all-new naturally aspirated 2.0 liter inline-4, rather than the VQ carbon copies strewn throughout Nissan's line-up. Perhaps Ghosn is taking a lesson from Toyota when they dropped the Celica's turbocharging characteristics in favor of the less expensive naturally aspirated high-strung valvetrain method which has become oh-so-popular in the new millenium.

Of course speculation is speculation and rumors are rumors, but once again, logic provides direction, and this seems like the likely path for Nissan in their financial state. The real Silvias will be sorely missed...

(I've seen a couple of "could-be's" for the S16 on the web but refrained from attaching them, since it's still a bit too early to tell what Nissan will do with the next Silvia's sheetmetal. Plus they looked a bit ugly.)
Morpheus XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 12:28 AM   #2
NSX-R-SSJ20K
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to NSX-R-SSJ20K
FUCKING HELL NOOOOO RENAULT SUCK god damn

their styling sucks

shitty crap

NOOO NISSAN HOW COULD YOU
someone save them please

o well i think i'll stick to getting the S15 and keep it the rest of my life

:flash: :flash: :flash: :flash:
Old 02-19-2002, 02:41 PM   #3
ImportFreak
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ImportFreak Send a message via Yahoo to ImportFreak
BASTARDS!!!! THEY SHOULD ALL GO TO HELL !!!!!!!

Club MWR [monkey wrench racing]/Member #0/Co-Founder

2003.5 G35 Coupe 6MT / Aero Pkg / Siliver / Premium Pkg /
ImportFreak is offline   Reply With Quote