Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Sketching and Drawing
Sketching and Drawing Sketchers and drawers in the house?
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 10:23 PM   #1
KustmAce
Grande Boleros de Fuego

NEWBIES**Read Before Posting**

This has been created for all of the new people to the Automotive Forum's Sketching and Drawing Section.

First of all, welcome. This area is a fantastic place to share your automotive, and occasionally non-automotive art with others. You are able to receive honest feedback, and constructive criticism regarding your work.

I have compiled a list of a few guidelines to be aware of before you post here. Please read these for your own good!

--------------
How to post pics in your threads
We have noticed that some ppl have pictures larger than 80 KB and can't upload them at Automotiveforums.com so check NOS's recommendation if you can't resize your images for the 80KB limit

FRM: HighOctaneNOSUser
You have to have a host, a good one is www.imageshack.us and then you upload your picture. then, when you go to post it, copy the last link it gives you with just the URL, then in your thread type [img]*then paste the URL*[/img]

example: [img]YOUR URL HERE[/img]
--------------

0.) Remember the af.com guidelines and rules
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...uidelines.html
Also we do not allow any nudity in the drawing forum (including toons). Sorry try another art forum like http://www.wetcanvas.com

We (moderators) are still discussing erotic art such as butt cheaks hanging out of shorts and stuff like that(if that is allowed).

Please do not flood the forum w/ a bunch of threads that just contain one work of art. If you have lots to share post serveral in one thread, 3-5 works or even more if you have tons of stuff to share. Thanks

(asaenz added 0.) guidline)

1.) Read the FAQ before you ask a question. Zach (ZCaithaca) went to a lot of trouble to put that together, and I for one think it is incredibly informative, as I'm sure you will too.

2.) If you have a question regarding help with drawing a specific car, part, technique ie shading, reflections etc, or any sort of "can you show me how to draw this", ask it in the Tutorials section. It has also been sticky's at the top for your use. UPDATE Just start a new thread after searching the forum

3.) UpdatedIf you have a request for a drawing, please post it in the Requests section.

Update If you have a request just post it. To be honest these are not that popular. However if you are willing to pay $ then you might get what you are looking for.

4.) If the questions you have are not covered in the FAQ or Tutorials section, post it. But please be very clear about what you are asking.

5.) Criticism is very much appreciated here. However, only constructive criticism will be tolerated. By that, I mean saying something sucks is strictly prohibited. And I'm serious.

6.) Try not to post Off-Topic threads. This is a Sketching and Drawing forum. There are countless forums on AF, one of which will suit your needs. If you really, really want to post something Off-Topic, make sure the thread title states that it will be off-topic, and a moderator will decide if its appropriate.

7.) If you would like to show your work, create a thread for it. Do not post it in other threads, unless you are demonstrating a technique, etc. Do not create a new thread including updates. Edit previous post, or post a new reply in the same thread.

8.) Please don't state your age unless someone specifically asks you. It doesn't matter, so dont do it.

9.) **Most Importantly**

Do not resurrect dead threads. This means:

-If the thread is more than one month old, dont reply to it. If you have something to say, PM the original author, and ask him.

-Do Not vote in polls older than one month.

-The only exception to this would be if you are the original author, and you are updating your thread. However, if the thread is older than 3 months, start a new one.

This is not only to keep the new threads clear of old, dead threads, it is for your own, personal good. You will be flamed to an unholy extent if you do, and many people will not like you. So, that should be reason enough not too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I feel that these are reasonable guidelines. If you break any of these, you will be warned via PM by either of the two moderators here (Asaenz and myself). If it happens again, you will be banned.

If you have any questions, or anything you feel you would like to add, PM me.

Thank you for your time and cooperation, and have a fantastic time in Sketching and Drawing!

-Tim

Last edited by asaenz; 12-20-2005 at 06:14 AM.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Sketching and Drawing