Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 12:55 AM   #1
AMuscleCarManiac
AF Newbie

17 and need car advice.

i'm seventeen and in love with classic muscle cars, right now i am driving a 93 honda civic that i got running myself. I work 55 hours a week at an 8 an hour job and have no bills except for insurance and gas. i have been saving money for a dream of mine, to have a car i can be proud of and call my own. I also am in love with standards the amount of extra control you have over the car has me like a crack addiction haha i get bored driving automatics. its a fun little car i drift when the streets get wet, me and my friends race pretty daily but we are safe about it. i am looking to put together my own car, from top to bottom, buying the body, suspension, engine , tranny, everything except for the interior i will leave that to the professionals. I want to do this on a budget of about 12,000 give or take 2g's. has to be a v8 big block, i would like to bore out the cylinders, 2 door, any classic muscle from a chevelle 68 or 71 to many models of stingrays and camaro models. I want tips on getting started, any books recommended anything would help to start me on what will be a long and painful journey, but i know i will be enjoying every second of it. reply and let me know, time is not an issue and neither is experience. Tell me what i need to do and how i need to go about it and i would be very appreciative.
AMuscleCarManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:18 PM   #2
400wheels
AF Newbie

17 and need car advice.

For the first time in GA - Get the Vintage Cars, Sports Cars at best deals... Open Car Bazaar...
Join us at*http://www.facebook.com/400wheels
400wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #3
drdisque
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to drdisque
Re: 17 and need car advice.

Big block cars are very expensive (except for perhaps large big block sedans of unpopular makes, like Olsmobiles or Buicks).

Also, it's generally hard to find muscle cars with V8's and a manual transmission for inexpensive prices. There's numerous sites that sell used classic cars. I think your best bet for finding something you'll like in your price range will be a late 60's or early 70's Chevy Nova or Pontiac Tempest or perhaps a Malibu sedan or wagon.
2011 Mazda2 Touring

Past cars:
2007 Mazda 6S 5-door MT
1999 Ford Taurus SE Duratec
drdisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #4
keepittrill
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdisque View Post
big block cars are very expensive (except for perhaps large big block sedans of unpopular makes, like olsmobiles or buicks).

Also, it's generally hard to find muscle cars with v8's and a manual transmission for inexpensive prices. There's numerous sites that sell used classic cars. I think your best bet for finding something you'll like in your price range will be a late 60's or early 70's chevy nova or pontiac tempest or perhaps a malibu sedan or wagon.
+111111
Old 07-03-2013, 04:37 AM   #5
Emma Grace
AF Newbie

Hey! why don't you look for sport car models, I am pretty sure you'll find your dream car in there somewhere.
Emma Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #6
gk68
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMuscleCarManiac View Post
i'm seventeen and in love with classic muscle cars, right now i am driving a 93 honda civic that i got running myself. I work 55 hours a week at an 8 an hour job and have no bills except for insurance and gas. i have been saving money for a dream of mine, to have a car i can be proud of and call my own. I also am in love with standards the amount of extra control you have over the car has me like a crack addiction haha i get bored driving automatics. its a fun little car i drift when the streets get wet, me and my friends race pretty daily but we are safe about it. i am looking to put together my own car, from top to bottom, buying the body, suspension, engine , tranny, everything except for the interior i will leave that to the professionals. I want to do this on a budget of about 12,000 give or take 2g's. has to be a v8 big block, i would like to bore out the cylinders, 2 door, any classic muscle from a chevelle 68 or 71 to many models of stingrays and camaro models. I want tips on getting started, any books recommended anything would help to start me on what will be a long and painful journey, but i know i will be enjoying every second of it. reply and let me know, time is not an issue and neither is experience. Tell me what i need to do and how i need to go about it and i would be very appreciative.
Good luck. With your strong work ethic, you should be successful.
I would strongly recommend a '68 Camaro, as I had one for 24 years!!!!! No problems at all. I just changed the oil frequently and that's it....got over 350,000 miles on it and it still ran great. My dream is to find another Camaro one day. Best of luck. Gary gk68
gk68 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
advice , classic , muscle , teen
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General