Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Eclipse Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 10:40 PM   #1
sinkerball
AF Newbie

94 eclipse shuts off repeatedly

Apologies if this has been beaten to death already.

I am on my second engine and have about 185K overall. The second engine was not well installed (e.g. heater not hooked up) circa 2012. About 3 years ago, after driving about 50 highway miles, sitting for an hour, and then driving around town, with very low idle, I would stall out and then restart after sitting for 45min. After this happened twice a mechanic corrected the low idle and considered a tech service bulletin on grounding, deciding it was not the problem.

Next, it started to cut out (RPMs=0) on the highway at about 70mph. I could wait a while and it would start up, but cut out again.

Since then I have had battery, alternator, and fuel filter replaced. However, even after driving a mile around town, resting 30min, repeating that a couple of times the car will stall out. It will restart but stall out again repeatedly.

I will note that the gauge shows the engine running hot but a mechanic determined that the gauge was faulty not the thermostat. A door ajar light would come on intermittently and that has just been disconnected.

I have had this car for 16+ yrs and cannot imagine being without it. Any and all advice appreciated. Thanks in advance. Bill
sinkerball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:45 AM   #2
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: 94 eclipse shuts off repeatedly

For it stalling while driving I would check out the crank angle sensor/
Old 10-15-2016, 04:57 PM   #3
Crvett69
AF Moderator

Re: 94 eclipse shuts off repeatedly

might want to try this and see if it has any codes stored

http://www.troublecodes.net/mitsu/
Crvett69 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis