Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis
Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 09:33 PM   #1
Possanti
AF Newbie

1995 4.3 timing issue

I have a 1995 S10 Pickup with the 4.3 Vortec. We just went through the engine, re did the heads new timing chain and gears. We got it back together and started it was running very well re connected the computer wire and was watching the timing mark with a timing light, I accelerated the engine,the timing retarded and would not advance, it backfired through the TBI and now will not start. When I tried to start it I checked the timing with the light and it was no where close, reset the distributor to align with #1, the light shows it is on the right mark but it will not start. Help
Possanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 01:55 PM   #2
MikeCStig
AF Regular

Re: 1995 4.3 timing issue

Try setting the ignition timing with a slight advance (like 5 degrees or so)
"Ok, systems check; the battery is discharging, the oil temperature is very high, the oil pressure is very low, the engine temperature is off the end of the scale, I'm running out of petrol... but the clock is correct!"
-James May, in an old, worn out Lamborghini purchased for less than £10,000.
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 03:06 PM   #3
Possanti
AF Newbie

I tried that, no luck. Possibly bad ignition module?
Possanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 01:51 PM   #4
MikeCStig
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possanti View Post
I tried that, no luck. Possibly bad ignition module?
That's possible too. Have you checked the spark on the plugs? If it's weak or nonexistent it could be the module. Check all of the connections, make sure everything is connected and check for corroded terminals just to rule it out first before you get into messing with the ignition module.
"Ok, systems check; the battery is discharging, the oil temperature is very high, the oil pressure is very low, the engine temperature is off the end of the scale, I'm running out of petrol... but the clock is correct!"
-James May, in an old, worn out Lamborghini purchased for less than £10,000.
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis