Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Engine, Transmission and Drivetrain
Engine, Transmission and Drivetrain Discuss Engine, Transmission, Drivetrain, and all other performance modifications here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 09:01 PM   #1
nate29942
AF Newbie

Purge kit

Can you put a purge kit on a vehicle without having any nitrous? Don't think so but just wondering.
nate29942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:36 PM   #2
MikeCStig
AF Regular

Re: Purge kit

The purpose of a purge valve is to remove any air from the lines of a nitrous kit and ensure the purity of the nitrous flowing through the lines, so without an actual nitrous kit... no.
I suppose you could rig something up that would simulate a purge valve, but if you're not actually using nitrous in your car, it would just make you look like an idiot who let the fast and furious movies get too deep into your head. Honestly, nitrous isn't really a wise power boost if you ask me. Turbochargers, superchargers, blowers, there are so many better options.
"Ok, systems check; the battery is discharging, the oil temperature is very high, the oil pressure is very low, the engine temperature is off the end of the scale, I'm running out of petrol... but the clock is correct!"
-James May, in an old, worn out Lamborghini purchased for less than £10,000.
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 04:01 PM   #3
nate29942
AF Newbie

I know what it does but I'll probably just put a CO2 kit in it just for looks.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:24 PM   #4
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Doing something like that for looks is about the dumbest thing you could do. There are so many better ways to spend time and money.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:15 AM   #5
MikeCStig
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthee View Post
Doing something like that for looks is about the dumbest thing you could do. There are so many better ways to spend time and money.
Agreed, seriously if you're going to race your car, then do it. If you just want to show off with CO2 blowing out of your hood like a moron, you'll be recognized as a f*cking poser almost immediately, because that's the type of sh*t posers do, and when that happens you may encounter someone who takes motorsport very seriously and does it right, at which point you may get your ass kicked, and I don't mean metaphorically on a track in a race, I mean fists flying at your face... seriously, don't be stupid.
"Ok, systems check; the battery is discharging, the oil temperature is very high, the oil pressure is very low, the engine temperature is off the end of the scale, I'm running out of petrol... but the clock is correct!"
-James May, in an old, worn out Lamborghini purchased for less than £10,000.
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:38 AM   #6
nate29942
AF Newbie

So spraying CO2 out of my hood could get me in a fight

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Engine, Transmission and Drivetrain