Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 01:41 PM   #61
hurstg01
AF Fanatic

Thanked 1,498 Times in 648 Posts
Re: Show us your F1 Memorabilia / F1 related items you've bought

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGTR View Post
I would appreciate it very much if you could provide a better scan of it. Just the car!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurstg01 View Post
No probs Doc, I'l do it tonight!
[wrong pic]

Last edited by hurstg01; 01-12-2014 at 12:49 PM.
hurstg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:44 PM   #62
Sami Aaltonen
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Sami Aaltonen

Very good scan!

----
Kuvat.fi -McLaren F1 GTR and many others!

Sami Aaltonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:13 PM   #63
DocGTR
AF Regular

Thanks VERY much hurstg01!

Now as I have quite good image of the whole car that weekend I might try to get the stuff to realize it as a model later.

I also scanned a few of the other images of the "clean" West 03R at Anderstorp 1995 for the others interested in this particular version.

DocGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:03 AM   #64
Sami Aaltonen
AF Enthusiast

Cool Re: Show us your F1 Memorabilia / F1 related items you've bought

Very interested these pics of #03R at Anderstorp 95!! Thanks!

----

Old 01-22-2010, 12:08 AM   #65
DMFerrari
AF Newbie

I got this in the mail yesterday. It was a mistake, I should of got the same photo with Bellm and Blundell signatures, but the seller is working quickly to get the right one to me..

This one is signed by Ray Bellm.

DMFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:46 AM   #66
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25

That's a very nice photo. ^^^ If you feel bad keeping it under the circumstances, I'll take it off your hands.

Played with Greg's scan. Could be better, but I think it's a marked improvement from the raw.

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:44 PM   #67
DMFerrari
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25 View Post
That's a very nice photo. ^^^ If you feel bad keeping it under the circumstances, I'll take it off your hands.

>8^)
ER

Ha! How kind of you lol.

I know where you can find one for around $35.00 USD (might be less I forgot).

They are trustworthy.. http://www.motorsport-originals.com/
This is their ebay shop.
http://stores.ebay.com/motorsportoriginals
DMFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:04 AM   #68
Sami Aaltonen
AF Enthusiast

Yep, same shop where I bought Andy Wallace's and Steve Soper's singatured photografs. Reasonable prices, good shop, delivery was fast and everything was OK.

----

Old 01-24-2010, 10:27 AM   #69
Sami Aaltonen
AF Enthusiast

Searched today once again my photo albums middle of the 90's and found two images which might be interesting someone here.

Finish ex-Formula 1 television comentator interviews J.J Lehto at the Helsinki Motor Show 1997. The year must be 1997, the posters behind:
BMW Motorsport #8 Longtail GTR and Le Mans #42.
Show was December 1997 like it was also year before, when #16R was in the show.

Anyway, hope atleast someone is interested these two images.

----

Old 01-24-2010, 10:32 AM   #70
hurstg01
AF Fanatic

Thanked 1,498 Times in 648 Posts

Old 01-25-2010, 02:54 PM   #71
DocGTR
AF Regular

Sami,

Did you know that Lehto raced BPR'95 Zhuhai, the last race of the season, in Team Tom's Toyota Supra GT-R?

I noticed it as I checked earlier the results of 07R from the GT Endurance 1995. He raced it with Dalmas but was forced to retirement due to "evil handling, probably consequence of a major accident on Friday" as the book states.

So I throw you a challenge to clear out, how did he/they end up driving a Toyota after LM victory?
Old 01-26-2010, 12:21 AM   #72
Sami Aaltonen
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Sami,

Did you know that Lehto raced BPR'95 Zhuhai, the last race of the season, in Team Tom's Toyota Supra GT-R?

I noticed it as I checked earlier the results of 07R from the GT Endurance 1995. He raced it with Dalmas but was forced to retirement due to "evil handling, probably consequence of a major accident on Friday" as the book states.

So I throw you a challenge to clear out, how did he/they end up driving a Toyota after LM victory?
No I did not knew this!
First I thought he was there with GTR's but then I read a bit more.

I don't know were to start looking that, it seems that everything concerning those years are very much left in to the darkness. Back those days, FInland had huge F1 interest and that's why media really did not wroten any else really much.
I tryed to look that couple of pages on the Internet, wikipedia and some Finish columns, there was nothing. Just ITC with Opel and that Le Mans victory were mentioned.

Can you maybe tell that time more, even it's Off Topic?
Send me a PM if you have something information about this?!

----

Old 01-26-2010, 02:19 AM   #73
DocGTR
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami Aaltonen View Post
Can you maybe tell that time more, even it's Off Topic?
Sorry to let you down on this, but that's all I have now for it: just that short text and the mentioning of Dalmas as well in the results table of the book.

I thought that maybe you would have found something in those national motor sports books or news articles you have collected. Definitely a work for Sherlock Holmes those years.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:23 AM   #74
Sami Aaltonen
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Sorry to let you down on this, but that's all I have now for it: just that short text and the mentioning of Dalmas as well in the results table of the book.

I thought that maybe you would have found something in those national motor sports books or news articles you have collected. Definitely a work for Sherlock Holmes those years.
OK, well I have to take this under work now. Defenitely. Maybe I could ask this F1 Forum.
And my magazine project is under construction, I think it will be long time to searching those magazines 1995-1997 years, mostly Finish ones but English ones also are welcome.

But I'll get back this Supra subject!

----

Old 01-26-2010, 03:36 AM   #75
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25

While Sami works on that JJ research, I'll drag this thread back on topic with a few more things I have wanted and needed to share.

For starters, here's a lightly used Wheel Nut from the F1 that I have in my collection. It has some scuffs on the corners of the hexagonal portion and some small wear issues with the center logo cap, but surprisingly the back side appears to have never been tightened down at the 400 lb-ft or so required to hold the F1s wheels on, though I am sure that it was.

I've seen others come up for auction that appear to have seen a lot more cycles before being tossed out. I have no idea which car this came off of, but it's quite a special piece to have and I am glad I was able to get one.

My little shelf pics there are kind of boring, but I handed it to a friend on Saturday morning and he took this great photo of it.

= = = = = =

Moving on from that is probably the most special piece of F1-related memorabilia in my entire collection after my "McLaren" badge. It's also the biggest too, measuring at 36" by 32" in its frame.

This is a serigraph of one of the shots from the Penrhyn slate quarry in Wales which were used in the F1's Monaco Launch Brochure, the cover of "Driving Ambition" and have appeared in many other places. It is autographed by the F1's stylist, Peter Stevens; the F1's designer, Gordon Murray; and the photographer, Colin Curwood. It is numbered 342/500 and in all my years collecting bits and info related to the F1 I can only recall seeing one or two others ever become available.

If you have watched the "The Car's the Star: McLaren F1" clips on YouTube a few times, you may recall seeing one of these on the wall over Creighton Brown's left shoulder at about the 2:40 point of Part 2. Here's a quick and dirty screengrab:

Now some of you may also recall I purchased this way back in July of 2003 for the shockingly low price of just $49. It might also suprise many to hear that I waited almost 5 years to finally get it framed... There were several reasons for this, but primarily it was because I could not make up my mind on how to frame it, or what sort of frame I wanted to use. I also felt it was staying better protected inside it's large mailing tube and until I was sure of how I'd frame it, it was better off in there.

I finally ended up with something I am very pleased with - it's a metal frame in a slate blue color that matches the print quite well. I chose to have it done with no matting after going back and forth on that for quite a while too. It now hangs above my desk in my home office where I sit and do most of my research and posting here, there and everywhere. I need only glance upward to see it and I am beyond pleased with how it turned out. It gets a lot of compliments and it really is a stunning piece of work.

This was the item auction description way back when:

Quote:
McLaren F1 Supercar Ltd Edition Print

"The pinacle of Twentieth-Century High Performance Sports Car Design". This beautiful image is a 15 Color screened and multi-varnished serigraph commissioned by McLaren Racing Technology in England. This limited edition image has been created for McLaren by AUTOMOBILE magazine contributing photographer Colin Curwood. Only 500 serigraphs were created for worldwide distribution, and only 200 were available in the USA. Each serigraph is hand-screened in England onto a British non-acidic ph, museum quality paper stock. Each image is then signed and numbered by Colin Curwood, Gordon Murray and Peter Stevens the chassis and body designers.

OVERALL DIMENSIONS 35x30 inches ( Frame not included, only print )
I have no idea how anyone else could acquire one, but hopefully if you like it as much as I do you will find one someday too.

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1