Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 05:03 PM   #1
Cloud
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Cloud Send a message via Yahoo to Cloud
Question Auto Loan advise?

I don't know if this is the right forum or not, sorry if it isn't. I am a first time car buyer and am looking to get a auto loan for a used car for about $10,000 preferable from a private seller. I applied and have been turned down by PeopleFirst.com, E-Loan.com, and Lending Tree. I don't know what's the best way for me to get a auto loan because this my first time. Should I try banks? I want to buy a used car from a private seller, but if my chances are high on getting a loan from a dealership then I will try that also. I only make about $960 a month because I am a student, 22 years old, and have a part time job. The type of car I am looking for is a used 1994 and up Acura Integra. Because of my age and status I am prepared for a high interest rate. I am just hoping I don't have to put down a large down payment. Thanks for any info and help.
Old 08-27-2002, 10:40 AM   #2
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
If you're willing to pay an outrageous interest rate, then you'll eventually find a bank to give you the loan. However, can your folks co-sign for your loan? If they are willing to do that, you can get a much better rate through a bank. Even better if you can do it through a credit union. Their rates are usually much better.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 08-27-2002, 02:35 PM   #3
Cloud
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Cloud Send a message via Yahoo to Cloud
YogsVR4, co-signing isn't a option for me because no one else in my family wants me to buy a car so they won't help me out. As for a credit union I keep hearing that pop up as recommendations from ppl. I have no experience with one, but I will give them a shot.

Someone told me that credit unions loan the money from ppl within the credit union, so I assume joining a bigger credit union means a better chance of a loan because there is more money? Sre there any credit unions u recommend?
Old 08-27-2002, 06:03 PM   #4
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
To become a member of a credit union, you just need to open an account and meet a few specific criteria. Each one is different. You can stop in one and see what it takes, but its usually not much. I know most large universities have them. MSU federal credit union (in Lansing MI) is were I get my loans through because my wife is a member. And her membership is from opening a loan and taking classes at MSU, so you might be able to do the same.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 09-09-2002, 04:37 AM   #5
THE4TH
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to THE4TH
a credit union is a great way to go , but your best bet is a large down payment....
yogs is right there is a bank out there that will finance you.. and if you get really into it, go to a few of the local dealerships and ask them which banks they have dealings with... i've seen some chancy stuff approved through dealerships.. so perhaps those banks would offer you some assitance...
but a co-signer of any kind and money down is your best bet...
Old 03-20-2007, 09:54 AM   #6
lady therese
AF Newbie

Re: Auto Loan advise?

With your current financial status, it is expectedly diffifult to earn the trust of huge lending agencies. I also think that you consult local car dealers and local banks. I learned that you are a student and it would be risky in your part especially if you do not have a big income yet. Think very well before making deals.
Anyways, I know you plan to make a loan and if you have existing loans, weigh things very well. If you think you can get through it, link removed by Moderator - spamdirectly to avoid the inconvenience of paying to more than one lender. You can also centralize through banks.

Last edited by '97ventureowner; 01-28-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:29 PM   #7
exsalesman
AF Newbie

credit union might work, but you make less then 1,000 dollars a month so the chance of you getting a car loan is almost 0. You can try a buy here pay here lot ,youll need about 20% down.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:51 PM   #8
lonelylady11
AF Newbie

Hey, I am 34 years old. I had a good job in building material company but I need to find a job less physical on my back. Last year I made too much for a government grant but now I am on unemployment, I would like to get higher education for a better career, but I can't afford the cost of online college, and I made too much last year for financial aid. Any good ideas would be great appreciated.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:13 PM   #9
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Please check the date of the last post in the thread and avoid posting in those that are beyond 90days. You may start a new thread with new info if you wish.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A