Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Drifting
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 02:38 PM   #1
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-
Famous Drifting Quotes by you or friends.

You know, those sayings people have right before they screw up royally.

I had a close call the other day, making a left turn went over some oil or painted lines for the cross walk as I shifted into 2nd, the rear stepped out and I had to basically drift my 240z in a single lane to keep from crashing...

My Quote... which is very true.

"Cause if I drifted into the other lanes, I'd of hit a Suburban."

I know we all have them...

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 02:42 PM   #2
Layla's Keeper
Supermodified

"Man, this thing drifts sweet! I'm going to try it again." - my friend Robert on drifting his father's 1971 MG Midget with wire wheels.

"Dude, your dad is friggin' gonna smash your balls with a nine iron." - my friend Josh after Robert smacked the Midget into a curb and broke one of the wire wheels.

Life's hilarious.
Old 06-20-2004, 04:42 PM   #3
carrrnuttt
AF Fanatic

Re: Famous Drifting Quotes by you or friends.

I did have a somewhat "drifting" incident, when I still had my 1986 Fiero SE-V6.

Coming out of a party, late one night, many, many moons ago, I decided I'd "be cool", and come out of the parking-lot with a good squeal, going side ways (which the Fiero V6 can do easily enough, especially with balding tires - lol).

So - as I pulled-out to the street, not 20 feet away from the apartment where the party was being held, with hot chicks standing around the front of the apartment, I gave the car some gas...

*At this point, I will break from the story to explain that first-off, I was not drunk, as I had not been drinking BUT, my dumbass was not paying attention to the fact that at 12am, the water-sprinklers had came on, and stayed-on for a while.

Now what does this have to do with the story that will conclude in a bit?

At 2am, when I left, the ground was still wet, including the immediate street in front of the apartment grass...*

...my car spins the rear tires waaaaaay too much, and instead of just a quick slideways action, my car tried to do a 180 spin - right into the curb.

So, in the end, I had a whole party of people staring at me - including the aforementioned hot chicks - as I got out to look at my now blown tires. This memory will now be suppressed back to where it was, before this thread...

Now, for that quote.

Right before I tried to "drift", I told my passenger: "Hey, check this out!" *hence me me having to mention that I was not drunk...and no, I'm NOT a redneck*
Old 06-20-2004, 04:58 PM   #4
publicenemy137
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to publicenemy137

^ lol great story. One time I was showing my friend (domestic lover, owns a camaro) the suspension of an import (my 240sx). And how there was barely any weight transfer. Well the roads were a lil wet, and right before I was goin to turn hard (make a quick left then another right onto a street) I told my friend "here I'm going to show you what this car's handling is all about!" My friend was about to say somethin then I gassed and did a quick 80 degree left, then quick 70 or so degree right from which I lost traction. My car sqealed and my front-end went right, I counter-steered and my front-end went left, then finally gained traction and went straight. My friend said he was goin to tell me that was goin to happen but didn't give hiim enough time. Then he was like "that was fucking awesome". GOod thing I didn't hit a curb or one of the park cars that was nearby
Old 06-20-2004, 08:38 PM   #5
joebowlr21
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to joebowlr21
Me driving with my older bro in the 240sx pull onto the freeway(it was those long ass round on ramps)and was raining heavely.

I pull up and straighten out the steering wheel but my car begins to go sideways.

I say "Oh SH!T!"

My bro says "Oh, now you wanna start drifting"

Luckily nobody was on the freeway at this time(around 2am)

I slide across 3 lanes before gettin the car straight.
joebowlr21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 10:19 PM   #6
Fully_Sick
AF Enthusiast

me sliding my 180sx into a fuckn pole, and its still screwed up. Took a corner at 70km/h dropped it into second tryed to redline it, all in the wet BTW, and bam! me and Mr Pole have a difference of opinions..

"Man who take corner to fast will eat main course of side damage pole!"

later followed up by friend saying "dude suck shi1t!" and what seemed like an endless amount of laughter...

good yet bad times!

Kill list - Commodore VR SS 5L, 2004 Subaru WRX, every model v6 out there pretty much, nissan 180sx with ca18det, mr2 n/a
Fully_Sick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 02:30 AM   #7
Soyo
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Soyo

I usually go with a little "hehe" evil laugh style, and the passenger kind of looks at me and I smile, then they wish that rx-7's had "oh crap" handles... no words usually before hand

but about 5-10 seconds after its over they realise it and usually say "man thats tight" seriously almost every person says that, even the people that I've never heard say tight before... all of a sudden I slide it sideways a bit and it pops out... strange
HKS Blow-Off Valve, Stainless brake and clutch lines
Soyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 04:12 AM   #8
Afrofent
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Afrofent Send a message via Yahoo to Afrofent
Hmm, a good quote, "Wow, look at that drift."-Me after I saw a show about the incredible edible egg.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, but live as if you'll die today."-James Dean

"Halo 2 is a lot like Halo 1, only it's Halo 1 on fire, going 130 miles per hour through a hospital zone, being chased by helicopters and ninjas... And the ninjas are all on fire, too" ~ Jason Jones, Bungie

"That harry potter girl you guys are talking about looks sorta like a skinny pig"-Wade
Afrofent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 08:59 PM   #9
Cade
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Cade
Set up : 2 lane road, comming up to a bridge, that right before it has a road that goes right and a road that goes left. (If you go right, thats going down the wrong way). If you have a FD, you will know the passenger door handle is cheap, and mines broke, but I temporaily snapped it back into place.

Me and my friend were going to town, and a few weeks before, I went off the road w/ him in the car because he told me to "Scare him", so we end up taking a corner and I counter-steer too much and go into a cornfield, no damage done. Anyways, he soon says jokingly "Hey...Scare me", exspecting me to be all scared after the first time and whatnot. So I quickly jump to the outside lane and setup for a little drift, he's like "No dude". I slowly move back to the right side of the road and put it in Neutral (Im setting it up for weight transfer), and I jerk back out and drop it into 2nd and let out the clutch and then turn quickly back in. This '2-K00l-4-SK00l' friend of mine grabs hold of the handle and soon breaks loose w/out him ready and he gets thrown w/ his head near the center console where my a/c controls are, and then gets thrown back to the door.

Quite funny, because he should know better w/ my lack of exsperience and asking for such a thing w/out wearing a seatbelt. Needless to say, he is sure he puts his seatbelt on in my car now.

My 1993 Touring Rx7 FD3S page
Cade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 04:33 AM   #10
Bunta
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla's Keeper
"Man, this thing drifts sweet! I'm going to try it again." - my friend Robert on drifting his father's 1971 MG Midget with wire wheels.

"Dude, your dad is friggin' gonna smash your balls with a nine iron." - my friend Josh after Robert smacked the Midget into a curb and broke one of the wire wheels.

Life's hilarious.
Wow, I'm suprised those wires made it through one drift.
Old 06-23-2004, 05:05 PM   #11
Layla's Keeper
Supermodified

Funny thing is, we were being smart about the wire wheels and tightening them back up after pitching the car sideways. But it's like modern day philosophers Blue Oyster Cult said "Time and time again nature proves the folly of man."
Old 06-29-2004, 03:31 AM   #12
SR240Z
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to SR240Z
"Cant drift it, then why buy it"

1972 Datsun 240Z SR20DET
SR240Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 02:28 PM   #13
Tomato
AF Newbie

a couple of days ago i was taking my gf to the supermarket...had to punch it to make a yellow light. rounded the corner at about 45 or so, and she got a little nervous. instead of grabbing the oh shit handle, she grabbed the other handle that was close....the e brake. that was fun. not too much of a problem in a front wheel drive....but i was curious as to why i was getting waaay too much slide out of my ass end.

"honey......dont EVER do that again....ok?...thanks"

fun stuff
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 09:01 PM   #14
Boss San
AF Enthusiast

I like the Sam Jackson quote from Jurrasic Park.
"Hold onto your butts."

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!" ----My friend Derek

...and my personal favorite.
"I hope that's an apple pie I'm sitting on, otherwise I'll feel quite the fool." ---Me

"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class."
"Especially since I rule." ---Clerks---

"I am the NIGHTRIDER!! I'm a FUEL injected suicide MACHINE! I am the ROCKER! I am the ROLLER! I am the Out-Of-Controller!!!" ---Mad Max---
Boss San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 01:10 AM   #15
AErrorist
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AErrorist

"Its amazing, a FWD V6 Ford Taurus is so much more prone to oversteer when I'm angry" - Me, after getting pissed off at my ex and driving ridiculously agressively and tossing the rear end out with some left foot braking/weight transfer

Drive it like you stole it bitches
AErrorist is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Drifting