Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Supra > Rumors
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Rumors What have you heard? Tales of the MKV, concepts and spy pics.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 03:37 PM   #1
JSpecSupra
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to JSpecSupra
Scion Supra

Everyone knows that Toyota owns a new company called Scion now, i have heard the rumor that the toyota Supra is to be brought back in a few years in the scion name called the scion xS. The company hasnt been around long enough to know if it will do well so they are waiting to see how the company does before they produce more cars, right now they only have 2 cars in production and 1 on its way.
JSpecSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 07:52 PM   #2
Pugbug288
AF Newbie

It's not getting built. There is no supra. Toyota even said it.
Pugbug288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 08:14 PM   #3
HotBoys09
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to HotBoys09
pugbug, read "car and driver" and "road & track" they speak to those people directly...you on the otherhand, do not.
HotBoys09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 03:18 PM   #4
projectsupramk3
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to projectsupramk3
Re: Scion Supra

Alright this is very disturbing so to those who really love the Supra's heritage I suggest you don't read this, Toyota has just trashed the legacy. I quote from the March 2004 R&T,
"Toyota Supra Hybrid
Toyota will soon be introducing a hybrid SUV based on the Lexus RX330. And we hear that is will set the stage for Toyota's next big hybrid project, a sports car. It makes perfect sence for Toyota, a global leader in hybrid technology, to create a sports car with a hybrid twist. The new-wave Toyota 2+2 is rumored to produce at least 300BHP, sending power to all four wheels, using a similar system incorperated into the RX330.
The CS&S concept car displayed at the Geneva auto show was apparently a tease. Rated at olny 145BHP, the CS&S was created to gauge public opinion of a possable hybrid sports car. The reaction from the media and public was good, so Toyota may have decided to go foward with the program. This 300-BHP hybrid sports car would fill the void left by the Supra a few years ago. -SM"
Then it has a pic of a discustingly ugly SUV/sports car with a Toyota badge and 4 seats.
projectsupramk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 05:30 PM   #5
Pugbug288
AF Newbie

http://wardsauto.com/ar/auto_toyota_...ring/index.htm
These guy's talked to Toyota too. I am interested as to what Toyota said to Car and Driver. From what Road and Track said it has nothing to do with a supra, only speculation.
Pugbug288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 05:49 PM   #6
projectsupramk3
AF Enthusiast

Yes I know it was only speculation, I was just relaying the information, personally I think and will always think the Supra died with the last MKIV produced. Toyota can do whatever they want because they stopped designing cars for the driver, for the enthusiast along time ago. Now everything is built for economy, for efficiency, for clean air standards, I just don't want to see the day when no one knows the feeling of what it's like to drive for pleasure instead of for transportation.
Old 02-04-2004, 06:44 PM   #7
HotBoys09
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Scion Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectsupramk3
Yes I know it was only speculation, I was just relaying the information, personally I think and will always think the Supra died with the last MKIV produced. Toyota can do whatever they want because they stopped designing cars for the driver, for the enthusiast along time ago. Now everything is built for economy, for efficiency, for clean air standards, I just don't want to see the day when no one knows the feeling of what it's like to drive for pleasure instead of for transportation.
That is EXACTLY what makes my nerves rotate in my body. They stopped making all of the Road Deamons that we have come to love i.e. Camaro, Trans Am, Supra, Stealth, 3000GT, RX-7**, and 300ZX**

And Why??? Insurance, Fuel Economy, Price...it's not fair when our roads are over taken with Hybrid, fuel eco work shuttles!!

** They came out with the RX-8, 350Z, and all of the hype about these cars before production was that these were going to outperform their predecessors in every aspect...while maintaining a N/A powerplant, but I'm very sorry, I and others feel let down. I was much happier with the attainable exotics we had throughout the eighties and nineties. R.I.P.

My
Old 02-04-2004, 08:25 PM   #8
projectsupramk3
AF Enthusiast

Amen brother, my sentiments exactly. The truely sad thing is that because of the way people like you and me think, because we don't buy into the hype and shiny crap glued onto the new econo-boxes, is that the big compaines don't care about us. So now I say good by to the legends... I'll build my own car before I ever buy a new one, and with the current "kit car" laws/regulations it makes it easy for me to make it legal.
projectsupramk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:18 PM   #9
HotBoys09
AF Enthusiast

Now I understand everything my dad and uncles' say when they talk about getting an old monster from back in the 60's-70's cause that was pride to them. They see the cars that we admire and laugh, cause to them there a joke. They would rather get and old BEAST, blow it, strip it and lay some lurch-like tires on the back of that monster and it rules. And by all means there right. But let us get our hands dirty with an R34, with some nice tires, gigantic turbos, and some computer/breathing mods, and there neck and neck. We just have to be true with what we know. And I LOVE IT! That's why Im on this forum like a zombie night after night and giving all my buddies a hand on hooking their cars up.
WTB 98+ Formula/TA or Z28
Old 08-13-2004, 01:24 PM   #10
tireburner86
AF Newbie

i sure hope some hybrid-high toyota car designer sees this thread. the only car on toyotas line up that even fuckin belongs in the u.s./canada is the v8 tacoma. maybe the celica, bu i hear theyre ax-ing it. oh, my bad, dont forget the sienna!
tireburner86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 08:08 AM   #11
supraslug007
AF Newbie

After awhile, we won't even be able to BUILD our own cars... lots of states have laws now where a car title can't be upgraded from junk... so if you find a ferrari in the junkyard because the owner didn't want to buy new plugs for it.. too bad...
supraslug007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 06:57 PM   #12
SUPRA_MKIV
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to SUPRA_MKIV Send a message via Yahoo to SUPRA_MKIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugbug288
It's not getting built. There is no supra. Toyota even said it.
dude..........when did they say there will be no new supra?
SUPRA_MKIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 04:58 PM   #13
SupraZone
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpecSupra
Everyone knows that Toyota owns a new company called Scion now, i have heard the rumor that the toyota Supra is to be brought back in a few years in the scion name called the scion xS. The company hasnt been around long enough to know if it will do well so they are waiting to see how the company does before they produce more cars, right now they only have 2 cars in production and 1 on its way.
My 2 cents even though this thread is from February...
The Scion tC has been out now for several months and the obvious trend throughout the Scion line is the low price. I doubt Toyota would produce anything that could come close to the MKIV and sell it for a price that Scion's target audience can afford. The main concept behind the Scion line is to get younger non-toyota drivers into Toyotas via Scions and have them buy a Toyota or Lexus in the future...
www.SupraZone.com
SupraZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 05:07 PM   #14
lazysmurff
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to lazysmurff
Re: Re: Re: Scion Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotBoys09
And Why??? Insurance, Fuel Economy, Price...it's not fair when our roads are over taken with Hybrid, fuel eco work shuttles!!
ok, i know what you said is oppinion, i know i dont frequent this forum ever (in fact, ive never even driven a supra) but none of thats important. what id like to point out is that we NEED to start accepting hybrid cars onto the road. this is something we should be excited about, not loathing.

given the rising cost of gasoline, the projected remaining years of oil and the unwillingness of american car companies to comply with EPA requirements, we HAVE to start a transfer to hybrid cars. we cant rely on gas forever, as much as we would like to.

and whoever stated that hybrids are slow? i invite you to do your research on them and you'll discover that there are many prototype hybrids that turn some serious numbers.

fast cars will never go away, as long as guys like you and me are around. but they will start running on something different and you need to start accepting that, and your children will thank you for not destroying the environment any further in the process
Old 09-18-2004, 09:43 AM   #15
tireburner86
AF Newbie

this is true, but i hope that they can rework the ICE so that it would run on something like hydrogen...its already worked, but not many people have seen it in action. add to that, open up more oil recycling plants across the world and it should make a big difference. because honestly, what would you like to hear under your hood? a ground-pounding v8 or screaming 4 banger, or a leafblower/vacuum cleaner combo?
tireburner86 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Supra > Rumors