Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > T100
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 07:01 PM   #1
Deryck
AF Newbie

P303 misfire code

I have a V6 98 T100, the engine started lagging as if it wasn't getting enough fuel, it was a like a quick stall. The engine light started blinking, so, after noticing the dash indicators were normal I pulled over to look under the hood. I didn't hear abnormal sounds so I closed the hood, got in, and the blinking was gone. The engine was still doing this lagging and when I hit 50 mph on the interstate the light went solid. Went to Schuck's did the diagnostic and got a P303 misfire code. Checked sparkplugs and their gaps they all seemed fine any ideas before I spend the $60 on a running diagnostic.
Deryck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 06:14 PM   #2
ImportBuilder
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to ImportBuilder Send a message via Yahoo to ImportBuilder
Re: P303 misfire code

Check all of your plug wires, and the rest of the ignition system.
2x Majestic MCS6923BC
4 AWG Power/Ground
1x Lightning Audio STRIKE S4.15.VC2
1x Lightning Audio STRIKE 24.500.1
Dynamat Xtreme in trunk
Coming Soon:
New SPL Setup
ImportBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:08 AM   #3
OSUCowboy27
AF Regular

Re: P303 misfire code

P303 means misfire on cylider #3

I had several problems with misfires on my '98 3.4L. It has a weird ignition system. One coil produces spark for 2 cyliders. The 3 coils are on the right 3 spark plugs and 3 wires run from the coils to the left side of engine.

You might try swaping the coils on #3 and #5 and see if the misfire is still on #3. If it still says P303 then you need to change the plug or there is an injector issue. This will rule out coil and the expesive coil boot. If it says P305 then I would change the boot and if it continue, change the coil. If it is time, I would change all the plugs (use only Denso or NGK) and change the 3 spark plug wires. Make sure to use plenty of boot grease. Hope this helps and BTW, if it is the coil and you purchase a new one, it will be about $75 and it comes with a new boot. The boots run about $17 and it is a good idea to have an extra.
OSUCowboy27 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > T100