Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 10:46 PM   #76
blklink
AF Newbie

Re: 2002 Lincoln ls Has no heat

The problem you are having with your heater kinda sounds like the problem that I had with mine as you can tell by the past post on this thread. I would consider a new DCCV they're high but its worth it when you are freezing. I bought mine took the other out swapped them out drained all the coolant replaced with new. And woooo she was blowing HOT air not warm but HOT. So that kinda done the trick for mine. Now for the overheating. The air bubble in your lines will cause that needle to jump that high. If the needle is in the red and the car still runs fine its either the gauge or theres air in the line. The motor will drop on compression to make it run cooler so you're kinda running at half power so you will have major loss of power in the car if the motor is hot. You will feel the power loss no doubts about that. It runs like that for the motor to cool off by itself to get to a safe place. I would say check your thermostat well change it since its like a few bucks and check the air in your lines.
blklink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:43 AM   #77
nuckolsk
NUCKOLS

Could you send me the cooling system purge proceedure ?
nuckolsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #78
amandamorgan
AF Newbie

Unhappy Re: 2002 Lincoln ls Has no heat

ok i am having an issue with my 2002 lincolin ls v8 ...

my car has no air coming out of the driver side vents the passenger side does but its has to be on defrost and the driver side has to be on 80 and the pass. side on 85 before heat will come out i need heat please help me
amandamorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #79
Jfleming24
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4re View Post
Well just in time ,the temps are getting cold. I checked the voltage and everything looked good, So I decided to move foward and replace the dccv ,I now have heat. I want to thank you for all your help and knowledge that you are willing to share with all of us in this forum and making us all feel welcomed .Special thanks to Shorod for your devoted time .

4re

hello can you tell me where you order the dccv from. I having the same problem with my daughters mothers car, but cant seem to find the part.
Jfleming24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #80
shorod
SHO No Mo

Welcome to the forum!

I've ordered several parts, including a DCCV, from Fast Parts Network in the past. Torrie's service is hard to beat, and the parts he sells are all OEM parts, same thing you'd find at your local Ford/Lincoln dealership.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 08:05 PM   #81
v6v8lincolnls
AF Newbie

Hi new to the group my 2001 lincoln ls v6 heat isn't working blows cold so I took it to the lincoln dealer they said it was thermostate so I changed it out new fluids bleed it and still no heat the code I got off the DATC is 1966 anyone know what that is it seems just about everyone has a DCCV problem could this possibly be the problem it has duel climet and heated seats ..OH BTW .u can order a DCCV from partsgeek.com for this car for 68 $
v6v8lincolnls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 08:09 PM   #82
v6v8lincolnls
AF Newbie

Hey rod thanks for all the input and the welcome I just got a 2001 v6 and a 2000 v8 lincoln ls
v6v8lincolnls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:25 PM   #83
shorod
SHO No Mo

The DATC diagnostic code of 1966 is defined in the service manual as "Driver heater core discharge temperature sensor open circuit." The first step of troubleshooting for this code is to test the sensor resistance over temperatures. "Is the resistance within the specified values for these temperature ranges: 10-20°C (50-68°F) 37,000-58,000 ohms; 20-30°C (68-86°F) 24,000-37,000 ohms; 30-40°C (86-104°F) 16,000-24,000 ohms?"

It's been a few years since I was under the dash of an LS. I recall there being 2 or 3 temp sensors on the driver's side mounted in the center "stack" kind of in the area above the accelerator pedal. It might be easiest to pull the sensors and test them with a multimeter to the above values and see if any are bad or questionable. The sensors are interchangeable so you can move them around to see if the diagnostic code follows a particular sensor. If you don't find a bad sensor then carefully inspect the connections to make sure one is not damaged and not making a good connection to the sensor. After that you'll probably be stuck tracing wiring back to the DATC control head.

-Rod
Old 01-06-2016, 11:03 AM   #84
BARRYPAGE
AF Newbie

Hello. I just joined this forum. So far I have found a wealth of information concerning the operation of the Lincoln LS automatic climate control system. I have 2002 LS Sport with the 3.9L V8. I have recently noticed that I am getting no heat to the windshield in the defrost mode, just cold air blowing. Everything else seems to be working as it should. Does this sound like the all too common DCCV malfunction?
BARRYPAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:21 PM   #85
shorod
SHO No Mo

If the heat functions fine in other positions, just not for the defrost mode, I would not suspect that to be a DCCV issue.

I'd recommend that you start with the self-diagnostic procedure referenced previously in this thread. Please report back with the results of that self test.

-Rod
The Following User Says Thank You to shorod For This Useful Post:
BARRYPAGE (01-06-2016)
Old 01-06-2016, 02:22 PM   #86
BARRYPAGE
AF Newbie

Thanks for the quick response Rod. I will run the self-diagnostic test tonight and post the results tomorrow.
BARRYPAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:57 PM   #87
Mydiane08
AF Newbie

I have a 02 Lincoln ls 3.0 V-6 did the self diagnostic and got code # 1676 what is this code and how do I fix the problem
Mydiane08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:16 PM   #88
shorod
SHO No Mo

Code 1676 indicates that the battery voltage is out of range. If the battery has not been recently replaced, I'd suggest you start by replacing the battery. These cars are pretty sensitive to healthy batteries. If the battery was recently replaced, ensure the cables are clean and tight. Then clear the DATC codes and see if that B1676 gets set again.

-Rod
Old 11-27-2017, 08:19 PM   #89
Mydiane08
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorod View Post
Code 1676 indicates that the battery voltage is out of range. If the battery has not been recently replaced, I'd suggest you start by replacing the battery. These cars are pretty sensitive to healthy batteries. If the battery was recently replaced, ensure the cables are clean and tight. Then clear the DATC codes and see if that B1676 gets set again.

-Rod
Ok thank u would that make the heat actuators not work properly
Mydiane08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 06:58 AM   #90
shorod
SHO No Mo

Possibly, but what do you mean by "heat actuators?" Are you referring to the DCCV, the door motors, or something else?

-Rod

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ