Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 02:57 PM   #1
josepi63
AF Newbie

Question Have Cherokee, thinking Xterra -- opinions???

Hi folks,

I currently have a '96 Jeep Cherokee. I enjoy the power and off-road capeabilities but would like to modernize, increase interior space and maybe upgrade in the dependability department.

From your experience, is X-terra a wise choice? Have any of you owned Cherokees and can give me a comparison? Is it a mistake to make the switch?

Also, I like to work on my own vehicles. How is the X-terra to work on? I found it difficult to get to certain parts in my Cherokee (I had a bitch of a time with my water pump!)

Any insight would be appreciated
josepi63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 07:16 PM   #2
lance3113f
AF Newbie

ive got a 2001 xterra. i like it... not alot or hard to find upgrade parts for it. Its slightly underpowered for my taste. If i where you i would definitly get the supercharged model...they didint have it for the year a bought mine. handles good off-road. The only complaint i have with mine is while off roading i went through some bumper high water and that causes a whole slu-of shit problems. Ive seen other SUV's go trough twice as high of water than i did and didnt have any problems. last but not least dont expect to get good gas milage, im lucky to get 16MPG
lance3113f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 12:19 PM   #3
firecow1703
AF Newbie

trade

I recently traded in my 1998 Jeep Grand for a 2002 supercharged X, and other than gas mileage I love it way more, it is more comfy and bigger in room, Before trading in though think and compare what you want/need in your cehicle I have yet to take my X offroading but have read nothing but good things and cant wait for the weather to clear up a little for my chance to go.
firecow1703 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail