Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
shadytreemech
AF Newbie

'84 325e starts but won't run

For the past few months my 325e has been giving me problems with starting. Sometimes it would start right up and other times I couldn't get it to start, then come back later and it would start. One time it set without me being able to start it for a week and started right up on the next day and worked fine for the next week or so. Then one day it began to just start then die within a few seconds and I haven't been able to keep it running for the past month. I had a guy look at it and he blocked off the return fuel line behind the fuel pressure regulator and the car would run fine for about 5-10 minutes then the engine would flood. So the guy suggested it might be the fuel pressure regulator and that I replace it. Well, I did and it didn't help any. Any ideas on what could be causing this?
shadytreemech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:19 PM   #2
shadytreemech
AF Newbie

Re: '84 325e starts but won't run

The first image is of the new regulator and to show you how the return line is, and so I can ask what the silver thing is just under the regulator? The second image is to show how the return was blocked off and the car would run til flooding like this. I took the round silver thing out of the line and can see straight through it. Is it suppose to be that way like maybe a surge protector or it there suppose to be some kind of filter or valve in it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0226.JPG (130.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0221.JPG (109.9 KB, 4 views)
shadytreemech is offline   Reply With Quote