Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-30-2001, 06:24 PM   #1
Bel7ail
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Bel7ail Send a message via Yahoo to Bel7ail
$40,000 to spend, but lost...?!?!?!

This is the first car i'm going to buy. I'm given a 40k limit. My choices are: ( all cars are fully equiped, except for cold weather package)
BMW 330ci Coupe
BMW 330i Sedan
Audi TT Roadster 225hp quattro
Chevrolet Camaro 35th aniversary SS

I have recieved an offer from two dealers for 35K on the SS, but unless i get a lower deal, i won't go with the SS, even though i have a 40K limit.

I live in daytona beach florida, so that's a reason why i want the roadster TT. It has a 225hp inline 4 cylinder, 0-60 in 6.4, correct me if i'm wrong, and is 4wd, quattro. I'm here in daytona alone, so i'm not worried about have a 2 seater.

I also am interested in the 330. My sister owns a 2000 328i sedan, fully loaded except ski package and navigation. I really like her car and it perform really well, which is why i'm interested in the 3-series. In-line 6 cylinder, 225hp, 0-60 6.1 (coupe).

So as you can see, i'm trying to narrow down my choices to at least one so i can order it in time to get it around X-mass time.

<i was thinking about the M-Benz C230 Kompressor Sports Coupe, as a last resort>

So if there is anyone out there with some feed back. Oh i forgot to mention that i was in the field looking for a sporty car that looks good, but i have to feel comfortable in the car first, then i'll worry about performance. which is why i like the 3-series for obvious reasons. I was also woundering if anyone thought they might give the rear tail light look on the sedan on the 2003 coupe??
Bel7ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 06:52 PM   #2
hakka
AF Enthusiast

I would probably go with the Camaro...I'm sure that if you showed them the money they might go down a little more on the price. If not, I would take the TT.

By the way, welcome to AF
hakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 07:28 PM   #3
ultimatedriver7
AF Newbie

hey

Yo,

I would definately definately definately get the 330 coupe. You won't regret it, and it won't be hard to get under the 40K limit if you are careful. BTW those numbers for the TT are very sketchy. My friend has one and we tested it at 7.4 to sixty and yes it was as quattro 225 hp model. The BMW will be the most attractive car you will ever own and take advantage of the fact that you dont need the other doors- eventually you will. Also, consider steptronic. Its pretty cool. I had it on my last BMW. Nav is good if you need it, but if not skip it. HK is a must, but for daytona i would skip the cold weather stuff. The backup system is also stupid-skip that. Get the rear window shade though because it works well. Don't let them talk you into a CD changer because you can add a factory one for 200 bucks off the internet. Ditto for the cell phone. Also be sure to pick your colors carefully or else you may grow tired of them- the case with my former car. Get the performance package definately and also pobably the premium package. Those numbers should crunch to about 40.

BTW, a mercedes compressor c230? What were you thinking lol!!!
Stay away from the camaro as its a dead car as of next year.

Oh also as a final thought I think you will really enjoy the extremely low operating costs of a BMW. My range in the 330 is about 425 miles, and i only change the oil every 18000 miles or so. Go BMW and you wont regret it a bit.
ultimatedriver7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 08:23 PM   #4
Bel7ail
AF Newbie

You said "backup system", what exactly is that?
Old 10-30-2001, 08:34 PM   #5
ultimatedriver7
AF Newbie

backups system

the backup system is just the reverse sensor on the back of the car that beeps when there is something back there. its really just a gimmic and it looks bad and costs 300 bucks so dont buy it. anyone who is a decent driver can make due without it. my major hangup about it is that the little sensors look terrible.
Old 10-30-2001, 08:51 PM   #6
Bel7ail
AF Newbie

you mean, the rear park distance control, lol. well i the only options i dont want are the heated seats, park control, and i'm not sure about the bi-xenon lights, just the low beam xenon. i wanted also the navigation cuz the inside of the car made it so much good looking then with out it. plus there are more features when you get the navigation you get to use on the screen, like the sound balancing, millage till empty, average speed, and other cool stuff for the GPS.
Back in June i went to the dealer to see how much it would cost, 2001 330 coupe, total with sports, preimum package, and metalic package, and navigation was 39,500

I just built the 330 coupe and the options were, steel blue metalic paint, black leather, and wood trim. premium package, sports package, navigation, AM/FM cassette, and Bi-Xenon headlights. The total 42,110 is what it says online on the website. I understand that this is above what the dealer would say, would this still be the same as the price that i configured for 2001 back in june? plus the $700 for bi-xenon which would roughly be 40,200
Old 10-31-2001, 09:36 AM   #7
EdgarFan659
AF Regular

Talking

Get the 330ci. You'll get the comfort and performance. Not to mention the fact that the 3-series coup is a beautiful car. Everyone will be jealous.

I'm biased to BMW though. I know a bunch of others here are too...hehe.
EdgarFan659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 10:45 AM   #8
328isRob
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 328isRob
Forget the SS... it goes fast in a straight line and have no real finesse.
Forget the TT... it goes fast in adverse weather conditions. AND and chicks car.
BMW sedan... the back seats are for kids... are you there yet?
BMW coupe... the back seats are for extra hookers. It handles better than the above (with the exception of the TT) its faster in the straights than the above (except the SS), it is more stylish and has more buttons and wistles than the above.

It is interesting that you have put the SS in the lineup here... I'm assuming you like the muscle... look at a 1-2 year old 540i.
Old 11-02-2001, 05:39 PM   #9
Bel7ail
AF Newbie

OK. i went to the BMW dealer yesterday to get a price quote with the options i want
Premium Package
Sport Package
Bi-Xenon Headlights
On-board Naviagation System
AM/FM cassette

Total______________$38,960 <price does not include license and taxes>

P.S. I'm tax exepmt so i dont have to pay tax on the car
Old 11-02-2001, 07:21 PM   #10
ultimatedriver7
AF Newbie

Hey,

How did you get to be tax exempt you lucky dog? I believe the 2002 prices jumped about 900 bucks compared to last year. Sounds like a nice car! I think you are making a mistake by ordering a black interior however. If i were you i would go with sand, or even better pick an exterior color that goes with the great new brown color in the inside.

My two cents.

UltimateDriver7
'01 330Ci
soon to be '02 M3
Old 11-02-2001, 07:31 PM   #11
ultimatedriver7
AF Newbie

Hey,

How did you get to be tax exempt you lucky dog? I believe the 2002 prices jumped about 900 bucks compared to last year. Sounds like a nice car! I think you are making a mistake by ordering a black interior however. If i were you i would go with sand, or even better pick an exterior color that goes with the great new brown color in the inside.

My two cents.

UltimateDriver7
'01 330Ci
soon to be '02 M3
Old 11-03-2001, 01:02 AM   #12
F20C
AF Enthusiast

Audi TT 225hp Roadster have a manufacture suggested time of 6.7 seconds.
F20C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2001, 07:15 PM   #13
Bel7ail
AF Newbie

well the only reason i choose a black interiot is b/c my sister has the gray interior, and it choose a dark spot, which is from over the days she's driven the car. Same problem with our other car, GMC Yukon XL, it starts to get a dark shade where your butt is. So i think that getting black wount show and dirty spots or a constant use of the seat. i havn't seen the brown leather however. Has anyone seen it in person and not in pictures???
Old 11-14-2001, 01:21 PM   #14
Bel7ail
AF Newbie

OUT THE DOOR FOR A 2002 330Ci

OK I'M HEADING OUT TO THE DEALER, towards the end of this week.
the car: 2002 BMW 330Ci $31,840
Destination & Handling $645
Metallic Paint $475
Premium Package $2,900
Sport Package $600
Navigation $1,800
AM/FM Stero $0
Bi-Xenon Headlights $700
Total ________$38,960__

There was one option I asked the dealer about, the Rear window sunshade, which he said wasn't availabe. But I know for a fact that it can be ordered, I just need the order number, can anyone help me on this one?

P.S. feedback about my order would be helpful, thanks
P.P.S. Exterior color?? so far all I know is that its metallic my options are saphire black/steel blue/gray green/steel gray
Old 11-14-2001, 01:45 PM   #15
F20C
AF Enthusiast

Do you really need navigation? Are you going on long trips out of state?
F20C is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series