Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Villager
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 11:29 AM   #1
greg123
AF Newbie

99 villager heat instrument panel light bulbs

recently a couple more lamps went out on my 99 villager climate control instrument panel.............accessing and changing the bulbs would be a breeze.. heres the catch. the dealer tells me the bulbs arent available and i need to purchase the whole heat assembly at 300 bucks. is this true and does anyone know where to get these bulbs..i belive ther is 7 or 8 lamps in this panel............ also the lighting is out on my electric window pad, both sides , i have voltage at the terminals but no lighting is there a fix for this or am i stuck with replacing this assy. also?
greg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 11:52 AM   #2
greg123
AF Newbie

Re: 99 villager heat instrument panel light bulbs

ok ............through a search from ford, nissan,GM,chrysler.I found a exact replacement bulb and socket at a toyota dealer. the part # is 84999-10310. they cost me $5 a bulb but far less than replacing the whole heat instrument panel that 2 mercury dealers had told me that the bulbs are not available. I hope someone out there can benefit from this info
greg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
jolt2
AF Newbie

A lamp that should work, I just ordered some for a 2000 Villager I am working on, is from www.mouser.com and has a Mouser Part #: 560-CNW123. Do a search for that part number and when the page comes up click on the "data sheet" for the dimensions of the bulb. The cost is $0.65 each + $5.99 shipping for as many as you want. Also www.superbrightleds.com has all different size and shape LED dash lamps too. I ordered some of these too just to play with when I have the panel out.
jolt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:59 AM   #4
jolt2
AF Newbie

Just an update that the Mouser bulbs work just like the OEM bulbs and fit fine. 1999 to 2001 Villager and Quest with the electronic climate control have 7 bulbs to light the display. On the other hand, the LED lamps do not fit because they are to long and do not clear when you try to insert the lamp into the housing.
jolt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jolt2 For This Useful Post:
67gtcougar (01-22-2013)
Old 01-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #5
67gtcougar
AF Newbie

I removed the bulbs from the plastic sockets and replaced them with Radio Shack #7219 Micro Lamps (12 Volts 60ma Wire terminal base). The price was only $2 for 2, and I didn't have to have them shipped since the store was only about 2 miles from my home. The T1 bulbs are the same diameter (2 mm), but are a little longer and a little brighter than the originals. I was surprised that there was so little information on the web about replacement bulbs. I actually didn't even notice that the bulbs had burned out until my wife complained.

Mercury Villager EATC panel lights
67gtcougar is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Villager