Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 04:09 PM   #46
Autopro1962
AF Newbie

Re: Turn the key and nothing

As long as they program the pcm with the correct vin# you will be back on the road.
Good Luck
Autopro1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:51 PM   #47
zukdj
AF Newbie

Cool Re: Turn the key and nothing

A little hint for everyone that goes to order a PCM. When I decided to purchase a rebuilt PCM from SOLO Auto Computers I provided the VIN number to the guy and then asked him to provide me with the information about my vehicle. He gave me my name, address, options on the vehicle, etc. etc. This is what you need to do to make sure they are programming it or at least looking it up I guess. In addition I supplied P/N of the original PCM and exact mileage (he said within 1000 miles). He informed me that the PCM will be upgraded with the latest updates (hope it increases my gas mileage).
zukdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:12 PM   #48
zukdj
AF Newbie

Angry Re: Turn the key and nothing

Got the new PCM and still have the same problem, it won't start. This has got to be the most frustrating issue I've ever had on a vehicle. So far I'm into the PCM for $285. Someone else said to check the EATX Safety Shutdown relay, I checked it and swapped it but no luck. Is their a seding unit for that relay somewhere? I'm without a vehicle for 2 weeks now.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:35 PM   #49
zukdj
AF Newbie

The only thing I did with this van that I never did before was I used the remote to lock the doors while the van was running. When I went home and parked it I didn't drive it again until the next day. Could the security system be a problem? Is it possible it was activated when I locked it while it was running and after driving it to my house it disabled the van thinking it was stolen?
Old 03-06-2008, 09:43 PM   #50
Autopro1962
AF Newbie

Did your freind ever get the right key for his scanner? You need to see if a scanner will communicate with the PCM or BCM.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:26 AM   #51
zukdj
AF Newbie

No, he was so sure it was the computer he didn't bother. Anyhow, it just left on a flatbed to the dealer, looks like I am at their mercy at $89 per hour for diagnosis. The only thing I can hope is that they are reasonably honest.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:25 PM   #52
zukdj
AF Newbie

Well, I got the van back, its fixed. The problem cost me $600 labor and $3.06 for parts. They said a new harness was $2400 but they could repair it for the price I paid. Apparently the wiring harness had a break in it somewhere, they didn't show me. In addition while it was in they found that the shift module on the front of the transmission was leaking, another $400 work I had completed. The wiring harness seems to be a pretty common failure, something about the way it is routed. Hope this long post helps some other person out so they don't get sucked in like I did.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:03 PM   #53
jpb53
AF Enthusiast

Review my post # 24.
jpb53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:35 PM   #54
bson
AF Newbie

My wife has a 2002 Chrysler T&C and we experienced the exact same problem. From this thread and other research it seemed like the problem was with the key sentry system. We tried the other key but that didn't help. I decided to remove the three screws from the bottom steering column cover. With the three screws removed, the top and bottom covers un-snap from each other and can be removed. (The traction control swith is in the top cover.) There is an electronic module encased in black plastic mounted on the bottom of the steering column and it attaches to the ignition key switch. I assumed this must be the receiver for the key sentry. I unplugged the cable from this module and tried to start the car; same problem. I re-connected the cable and tried again; the red light went off and the car started. I'm not sure if I'm totally out of the woods but the car is mobile again. Perhaps the problem is a loose connection right in this connector. Thanks for all of the posts; they helped out immensely.
bson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:48 AM   #55
lil_nessa_one
AF Newbie

i have a chevy 1500 silverado with stargard and the chip broke off?? any suggestions?? please help!
lil_nessa_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:28 AM   #56
tempfixit
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_nessa_one
i have a chevy 1500 silverado with stargard and the chip broke off?? any suggestions?? please help!
I suggest you ask your question in the chevrolet ck section of this forum. You will have a better chance of someone helping you there.

good luck
tempfixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #57
roeteena
AF Newbie

Go to neverhotwired.com and read up on this site.It tells alot about the manufactured anti theft system install by the Ford.Chrysler Gm etc.I don't know if it will shed some light.
roeteena is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager