Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Corvette
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-17-2001, 01:23 PM   #1
NCMR8CMan@af
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to NCMR8CMan@af
Corvette Museum Initiates Annual Giving Campaign

Bowling Green, KY - An annual giving campaign has been initiated by the National Corvette Museum. Campaign proceeds will be used to fund much needed projects that continue moving the Museum forward as a resource center and improve the educational and entertaining experience of all visitors.

Executive Director Wendell Strode stated that the projects are very important yet must be funded by means other than day-to-day operations. The Museum recently celebrated its 6th Anniversary, and has struggled generating sufficient revenue to cover overhead and original debt of $11 million dollars that was needed to construct and equip the Museum. In acknowledging this as an on-going challenge, Strode stated, "None of the funds raised will be used for day-to-day operations. All of the funds will be placed in a restricted account and used for designated projects." Projects targeted through campaign efforts include upgrading software programs and computers, permanent fencing, park and picnic area, upgraded theater equipment and other repairs and renovations to the Museum's interior and exterior.

The designated Library & Archive fund will help to continue the mission of housing even more historic documentation to continue the resource center mission. The Museum now houses build sheet documentation on Corvettes built at the Bowling Green Assembly Plant since 1981, and offers reproduction copies through the Museum's Library & Archives.

The Museum is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit foundation, supported by Corvette enthusiasts worldwide. "It is our hope that some of the Corvette clubs, chapters, and Corvette registries will adopt either one of these projects or a portion of one and assist the Museum with this campaign," Strode states.

Donations of any amount are welcome. Contributions may be in the form of check, stocks, bonds, cars or real estate. Contributors of $50 or more will receive a special dash plaque commemorating their participation in the campaign. Campaign donations can be made via the Museum's website available at: https://www.corvettemuseum.com/donations/project.htm

In making the announcement Chairman of the Board Dollie Cole stated, "It is crucial to the continuing progress of the Museum that all those involved with the Corvette demonstrate their commitment to preserving the past, present and future of the Corvette by showing their financial support to the Museum. This includes suppliers to the plant, Chevrolet dealers, after market vendors and individual Corvette enthusiasts all over the world."

The National Corvette Museum is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit foundation and all contributions are tax deductible as allowed by law. All contributions will be placed in a restricted account and used only for the purposes they are earmarked for.

The National Corvette Museum is dedicated to educating the public through the preservation of the Corvette's past, present and future heritage. Open daily 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT, the Museum is located at Exit 28 on I-65 in Bowling Green, KY. For more information on the Museum's Annual Giving Campaign, call (800) 53-VETTE or visit the web: http://www.corvettemuseum.com
C5R: X1608
National Corvette Museum Delivery Team
NCMR8CMan@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 10:01 PM   #2
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
I will try