Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 08:56 AM   #16
B33p3r
AF Regular

Re: 2001 Headlight problems

I'm a firm believer in making sure the cheap fixes are checked before spending bucks. My feelings are it's a bad ground connection somewhere. The obvious place to start is the battery. I know pulling the IOD fuse resets things, but it doesn't ensure the battery connections get cleaned.
When a BCM gets replaced, I bet the battery cable(s) get pulled, probably cleaned upon reinstall, (a good mechanic would) and the BCM is rewarded for fixing the problem. I have no facts to base this on, but it costs nothing to give the battery connections a good cleaning.
Also check light bulb plugs and such for good grounds. Anyone that ever owned a trailer can tell you what havoc a poor ground plays on the lights!
Good Luck!
B33p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 03:22 PM   #17
surfmasterpro
AF Newbie

Here is what I did with my headlamp problem. 2001 Grand Caravan Sport. The headlights were confused. (Left and right lights would flip-flop depending which mode you were in). I have a friend whom work at a dealership. He said check the ground in the floor by the B-pillar, next to the drivers seat belt. He said that because at least one light was working at a time, the ground should be good. Then he said it should be a "driver" in the IPM (intagrated power module.) I called our local "Dodge" dealer to price this out. The FCM (front control module) and the IPM are sold individually. About $550 for both units. I found one on Ebay for $30 "Buy It Now", it had the same serial/part numbers on the FCM. I changed it myself last Saturday and everthing is working fine. No more light problems. Daytime running lights and everything work great. I do have some literature from the Dodge dealer concerning TSB's on this condition. I will be more than happy to scan, email or fax to any of you. Hope this helps.
surfmasterpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 03:25 PM   #18
surfmasterpro
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by B33p3r
I'm a firm believer in making sure the cheap fixes are checked before spending bucks. My feelings are it's a bad ground connection somewhere. The obvious place to start is the battery. I know pulling the IOD fuse resets things, but it doesn't ensure the battery connections get cleaned.
When a BCM gets replaced, I bet the battery cable(s) get pulled, probably cleaned upon reinstall, (a good mechanic would) and the BCM is rewarded for fixing the problem. I have no facts to base this on, but it costs nothing to give the battery connections a good cleaning.
Also check light bulb plugs and such for good grounds. Anyone that ever owned a trailer can tell you what havoc a poor ground plays on the lights!
Good Luck!
Trailer lights don't have computer systems controlling them.
surfmasterpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:25 PM   #19
jerrybryan
AF Newbie

Re: 2001 ABS Light, A/C Power

Thanks a bunch. I disconnected the negative post on the battery for 10 minutes. Cleaned the post on each, reconnected, started and problem was solved.
jerrybryan is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager