Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Corvette
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 10:42 AM   #1
Nexagen
AF Regular

Question C5 Stock HP to 750+ HP?

What's the best way of getting a C5 Z06 Corvette from stock HP to 750+ HP?

Thanks
-Nexagen
Nexagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 10:11 PM   #2
03'350z
AF Regular

Re: C5 Stock HP to 750+ HP?

supercharger headers exaust cams pulleys port and polish
03'350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 02:08 AM   #3
MastaCivic
AF Enthusiast

Buy the Ligenfelter 750+Hp Twin Turbo Set-up
MastaCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 04:35 PM   #4
73'Camaro
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexagen
What's the best way of getting a C5 Z06 Corvette from stock HP to 750+ HP?

Thanks
-Nexagen
LPE is the best route, because they add all the suspension, brake and other mods to handle all of that power, if you just add 750hp worth of supercharger, and don't do anything to the brakes or suspension, you are asking for trouble.
73'Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 11:57 PM   #5
sixtienine4me
AF Newbie

What's a good way to get a C4 corvette (not ZR-1 unfortunately) a lot more horsepower than it has stock, and what it needs to be able to handle the power without worries?
sixtienine4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 01:31 AM   #6
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ

Go turbos...superchargers can't compare. I must say...I usually hang in the Past Z Cars forum so I'm not too familiar with Vettes. I wouldn't think it would be very cheap to mod a Vette like this.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 11:06 PM   #7
AcesHighJoker
AF Newbie

oh my god... a turbo on a v8... NO! unless your the toyota drag team setting up a tundra engine to do topfuel dragging. Go with a quality supercharger, eaton makes very nice ones. A turbo is fine for a 4 cylinder that gets huge rmps to make that turbo spool but an LT1 wont spin that fast. A supercharger provides immedate power boost without any lag. Cams, Balancing, and Exaust will give you a very significant boost of power.
AcesHighJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 12:07 PM   #8
73'Camaro
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHighJoker
oh my god... a turbo on a v8... NO! unless your the toyota drag team setting up a tundra engine to do topfuel dragging. Go with a quality supercharger, eaton makes very nice ones. A turbo is fine for a 4 cylinder that gets huge rmps to make that turbo spool but an LT1 wont spin that fast. A supercharger provides immedate power boost without any lag. Cams, Balancing, and Exaust will give you a very significant boost of power.
Whoever told you that has a stick between their ears, if you think that you are a dipshit, what the hell do you think Nascar uses jackass, SBC 355 ci chevy engines a 302 chevy will go to 10,000 rpms. I do kinda agree with you on the supercharger, it runs cooler and has bottom end not just top end, but, lingenfelter knew what he was doing with the turbos. You ricer bitches really know absolutly nothing about American cars, and if you do you are a dipshit for running jap crap.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:10 PM   #9
73'Camaro
AF Regular

Re: Re: C5 Stock HP to 750+ HP?

They also use V8's in Indy cars, with turbos, all you have to do is get a short stroke crankshaft and purchase the corresponding components for the rotating assembly, an Lt1 or Ls1 can spin quite nicely when setup right.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:21 PM   #10
73'Camaro
AF Regular

Okay you asked about what mods you have to do to control a twin turbo vette, best thing is to get in contact with the pros at LPE, I am sure you can find their number on a website, the Corvette forum at www.corvetteforum.com has a button to go to the LPE website. My knowledge is that you will have to upgrade the brakes so you can stop that beast quick, you will need wide sticky tires, as wide as you can do, so when you hit the brakes your beast dosen't slide around, also good to keep you traction when you launch. You will need quite a few suspension mods like sway bars, better bushing through out made of poly urethane or poly graphite, and I am sure you will have to weld in some stregthening bars so your vette won't twist itself into knots. You should probabbly have it lowered to get a better center of gravity, you will have to do mods to the rear end and the transmission to handle the power without shattering, etc...... If you do a super charger, you can probabbly leave most of the stuff stock and just upgrade the exaust to headers and a single 3.5 inch pipe, and maybe some injectors, and a few other things, also you will want to improve your tires to wide low profile and sticky. There is alot less mods when you are producing 500hp compared to 750hp (actually more like 900hp in reality) that a LPE car does.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:28 PM   #11
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHighJoker
I HATE that "turbo lag" myth...like it's some huge deal where you have to stand on the gas for 5 seconds to get any juice out of it. A well designed turbo system will have very little if ANY lag at all. I've seen turbocharged cars making boost at idle. The benefits of turbos over superchargers are very numerous. Read the "Turbo vs. Supercharger" thread in the Forced Induction part of the Cars in General. There's a pic of a twin turbo'd Chevy V8 on there making 1,200 hp. Read all that, then come tell me how grand superchargers are...

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
Old 09-03-2004, 02:08 PM   #12
DiabloGT
Banned

yeah and even that banks turbo guy made an 80's firebird go almost 300mph with his turbo!!! and about 230mph with a diesal pickup!!!!
DiabloGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 06:44 PM   #13
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

YEA!!! That pickup was SICK!!!

Old 09-21-2004, 02:03 AM   #14
Migra
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Migra Send a message via AIM to Migra Send a message via Yahoo to Migra

The fastest street legal car I've seen run is the 2002 LPE C5 corvette, bored out to 427 and twin turbo'd. 802 horsepower, 0-60 in 1.98, and the quarter mile in an average of 9.23 (I've seen as low as 8.95). Lingenfelter has also been experimenting with a supercharged Z06 which is quite impressive, but the website will tell you straight up that their 427 TT C5 is their fastest engine.
Migra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 08:56 PM   #15
NathanP
AF Newbie

If your looking to go 750rwhp go with the LPE 427 Twin Turbo, I have one and its amazing. Im actually selling it at the moment so if you are interested email me at point0eight@aol.com
NathanP is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette