Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Avenger
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 05:31 PM   #16
twiceasfastasyou
AF Newbie

Re: 95 Dodge Avenger 4wd conversion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95DodgeAvenger95
go to hahn's website, their car is daily drivin with thousands of miles on it, and hundreds of full on drag strips with no problems with 500hp. thats y they tell u to upgrade the internals. read the stuff about the 420a motor on their site they say the motor is perfect for that kind of output. i dont think they would lie when they have had many of years of testing and more testing. but i guess its possible they could be wrong.......???? plus i would never run it at 500hp every day, i would keep the boost down low untill i want to race. but thats just me.
you know, he's right. The rep on the 420A motor is better than our 6G73's. Any engine that has its ports bored and has the internal mechanics like the cam rod, the connecting rods to the pistons, the springs, the cam floor, rocker arm, etc. forged or at least coated to prevent damage from heat, etc., can handle a more powerful, faster combustion within the intake/exhaust chambers. in fact ive seen a guy take some cruddy toyota camry LE 1986 I4 engine and boost it up to 289FWHP. Yeah, that might be small in numbers, but for an engine thats probably 100HP stock, and that was NEVER meant to accept crammed air is quite impressive. He even did the porting himself, which wasnt bad for a DIY job. I'll have to post some pics of the engine sometime, it looks sleeper, all dirty and dusty on the outside, but when he took the camshaft housing cover off, everything was shining like mirrors.

I'd say running at 340HP daily driven with your drivetrain converted to AWD, 80 on rears, 20 on front, or similar, would be optimal. With a little diet, and a nice lightened flywheel and short shifter, you could be making 13's easy. 500HP on an avenger would be killer, you should go to the tracks and see what you get. I'd bet no one would even think about you getting a 10 on 1/4 mile.
1999 BMW 323iS Turbo 2.5L Flat6 Black Coupe ~360bhp
(WRECKED!) 1998 Chevy Cavalier 2.2L RS
1992 Nissan 300ZX TT 3.0L V6 T-Tops Pearl White (SOLD!)
1997 Dodge Avenger ES 2.5L V6 SOHC (WRECKED!)
twiceasfastasyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:41 PM   #17
95DodgeAvenger95
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 95DodgeAvenger95

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiceasfastasyou
you know, he's right. The rep on the 420A motor is better than our 6G73's. Any engine that has its ports bored and has the internal mechanics like the cam rod, the connecting rods to the pistons, the springs, the cam floor, rocker arm, etc. forged or at least coated to prevent damage from heat, etc., can handle a more powerful, faster combustion within the intake/exhaust chambers. in fact ive seen a guy take some cruddy toyota camry LE 1986 I4 engine and boost it up to 289FWHP. Yeah, that might be small in numbers, but for an engine thats probably 100HP stock, and that was NEVER meant to accept crammed air is quite impressive. He even did the porting himself, which wasnt bad for a DIY job. I'll have to post some pics of the engine sometime, it looks sleeper, all dirty and dusty on the outside, but when he took the camshaft housing cover off, everything was shining like mirrors.

I'd say running at 340HP daily driven with your drivetrain converted to AWD, 80 on rears, 20 on front, or similar, would be optimal. With a little diet, and a nice lightened flywheel and short shifter, you could be making 13's easy. 500HP on an avenger would be killer, you should go to the tracks and see what you get. I'd bet no one would even think about you getting a 10 on 1/4 mile.
Getting a short shifter from B&M for X-Mas and im not sure if ill be doing the awd conversion bc it will be soooo much money and work past what i want to do but unless some one can get me info on how to do it for cheaper then i might. but im deff gonna take it to a track after im done and i will deff let you guys know my numbers. i will be custom making traction bars to help out with the spining tires for at the track and ill be running slicks with traction additive to also help the traction problem.
Black 96 3000Gt Vr4 58k mi, H.H.H. Data logger, RPS MAX, Big16G/14b Combo, FMIC, AEM EUGO, Greddy EBC, SAFC II, 560's, hotwired 255lph, not cats, Solid motor mounts, Faze boost gauge, Apexi turbo timer, full exhaust with 3" ICH Single shot Catback, K&N Air Filter, Front upper strut brace, T-Case Bracket, AC delete, Meth injection, NGK stg 1 colder, 8k HID'S.
AIMING FOR 500+AWHP at ips dyno.
95DodgeAvenger95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:44 PM   #18
cardboardpimp420
AF Regular

what i was also saying is that you have to make sure the car itself is upgraded too...ive seen a few twisted drive shafts and totaled transmissions in my days at the track also with that kind of power your most likely going to need suspension upgrades but that can wait until you see what happens when your floor it
cardboardpimp420 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Avenger