Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel
Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel Starting with the Prince Skyline in the 50's. The Nissan Skyline brand is at the forefront of the Japanese performance. The later generations are the R30, R31, R32, R33, and R34. Forum also includes the station wagon Stagea, and the Laurel built on the same platform.
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 07:41 PM   #1
my3rdskyline
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to my3rdskyline
Hope to buy soon.

Hello. ALright you got me hooked, I love skylines and I've owned quite a few but honestly I think i'm done with that. I am tyring to convice my wife to let us get a stagea. an RS260 is out of the question because there are none around here for sale. We live in Okinawa. I've seen quite a few for sale here. So far the best option i've seen is for an RB25DET powered AWD. None of them have manual transmissions though. Is it the same transmission that's on an R33 GTS25t? Can I swap the tranny? how does it line up.. yadda yadda yadda, does anyone have any experiance with this? Just wondering if there were any problems I should know about before I go ahead and get the stagea. Here are the ones we are looking at... let me know what you think:

http://db.datanext.co.jp/4DCGI/WEB_C...-120040920-002 7000 dollars

http://db.datanext.co.jp/4DCGI/WEB_C...-120041120-033 8500 bucks

http://db.datanext.co.jp/4DCGI/WEB_C...-120041120-009 5900 bucks but it's only a 2000cc... what engine is that? it's not an RB20 is it?

I've had a hard time finding a model/chasis/year/engine chart for stageas... anyone got good info...?
Old 12-18-2004, 02:54 PM   #2
SkylineMan32

Re: Hope to buy soon.

Is that in US dollars? Also the R33 gts uses baisicly the same motor so I guess the tranny swap shouldn't be hard... That white one screams base model! Could it be an SR20, doesn't nissan even use the RB20 anymore? I don't think so. Get the first blue one! keep your skyline, and give the stagea to the missus

Old 12-18-2004, 06:50 PM   #3
my3rdskyline
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to my3rdskyline
Re: Hope to buy soon.

yeah the prices i mentioned are USD. the prices on the site are Yen. so if it says 20 then that means 200000 yen. or about 2000 dollars.

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel