Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Older Pickups
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
Z.K.
AF Newbie

Question 1995 pickup screeching noises

I have a 1995 pickup and it is screeching quite a lot now. It was just every so often, but just the other day it happened quite a lot. It seems to happen when it is colder. I can't seem to narrow the problem down, but it seems to happen when at slower speeds. Sometimes it happens when turning, or downshifting to a lower gear or even just turning though I have had it happen just engaging the clutch. I had to leave it out in the cold for a week and when I started it up and tried to drive it, the screeching was the worst ever. I am at a loss as to what it could be and I hesitate to take it in somewhere as they don't seem to know either. I have read of similar problems on the Internet, but nothing exactly like mine. They seemed to think the belt might be loose, but I checked it and it seems tight and I even checked the power steering fluid thinking it might be that, but even though it is down a little, it is not down that much.

Z.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
gbryan
AF Newbie

Re: 1995 pickup screeching noises

Throw out bearing race spinning in housing
gbryan is offline   Reply With Quote