Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 12:27 AM   #1
PK1999
AF Newbie

New Honda City 2014 "push start" not recognizing key

I just bought a new Honda City SV+ 2014 and have been using it for only one week. I have had a starting problem 2 times already. What happened was that I entered the car normally with the remote controlled key and pressed the "push start" button. The engine did not start but all the electricity went on and the green kay icon is flashing in the RMP meter.

So the car is brand new and this has happened twice now. The Honda dealer is just guessing that it could be that some big metal objects would have interfered with the "magnetic field" between the key and the push start but that seems ridiculous. This would mean that the new Hondas cant start if you are close to a metal wall or something.

Any ideas what it could be? I suppose the first step is to demand a new key and see if it helps? I just don't want them to give any more wild guesses. They would of course check the car trough carefully but I don't want my 7 days old car to be left at the service center after the first week (unless it really is a must).

Thanks for your replies in advance!
PK1999 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > General Discussion