Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Engine and Transmission
Engine and Transmission Discuss Engine, Transmission, and all other performance modifications here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 02:50 AM   #1
sk8injon
AF Newbie

EVAP Canister Issues/Possible bypass?

I have an 88' Firebird that I replaced the fuel pump on. After I replaced the fuel pump I began to leak gas out of my evap canister. I know there is this that the other thing that I can do to check to see what the issue is. My question is, Can I just bypass the entire Evap Canister and remove the system? As far as I know, the Evap canister is basically for emissions. If that's the case, shouldn't I be able to remove the system and make it obsolete, or is that going to cause issues with performance?

When I'm done with my car I'm going to be far from being fuel efficient and no where near passing emissions. I accept these things, and just want to stop it from leaking gas.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:39 AM   #2
sk8injon
AF Newbie

Re: EVAP Canister Issues/Possible bypass?

I did some research yesterday and deleted my evap system. after that I removed the stock air intake and replaced it with a cold air intake and it opened up my engine bay a lot.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
bypass , canister , delete , evap , removal
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Engine and Transmission