Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Murciélago (Murcielago)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 12:15 AM   #46
Tony_Ensemble
AF Enthusiast

Hi guys,

Like I said a few days ago I'm travelling on business (in seattle now) and will only be checking in occasionally. So sorry if I have not responded to your questions. This will continue for some time.

On purchasing a Murcielago:
I think most people who own one of these can afford to pay cash. A $300,000 (U.S.) purchase is just one indication. The fact that someone would pay that for a non-essential luxury item is another. The fact that someone would pay that for a luxury item that provides such small benefit compared to other luxury items such as a boat or a larger home is another. The fact that someone would then hurl this luxury item up and down a busy highway is another. No sain person would not dare drive their home up and down a busy highway at crazy speeds unless they could really afford to lose it.

I'm sure there are exceptions though.

Nice car, again, Baron.

Old 03-31-2003, 06:54 AM   #47
Doucette
Indie Game Developer

I always assumed it was the exception when someone pays down a car in cash or in one large payment. Generally speaking, there are better things to do with your money if you finance your car. However, when you are dealing with Lamborghinis this scenario must change due to the owner's "instant wealth". I don't mean that they won the lottery or anything like that, but perhaps they make $500,000/year and then realize that their bank account has a huge amount of money just sitting there from accumulation, or perhaps their stocks go through the roof and decide to sell off a million dollars worth just to celebrate.

I just can't imagine why someone would pay down a car in one full payment with a sustained income. On second thought, sacraficing for personal finances is almost a thing of the past once you have incomes that permit purchasing Lamborghinis.
Old 03-31-2003, 10:49 AM   #48
TexasF355F1
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TexasF355F1
I would love to be able to own a Lambo before I turn 40, but I'll just have to see how things go. I currently have 3 stocks that I hope will carry me into high cash returns. One of my stocks I allocated around a month and a half ago, has already had a return of $200, which my dad was very impressed by. Another stock of mine, my dad started for me around the time I was born, so that's going on almost 22 years. The stock market is a definate place where you can make a lot of money with smart and wise investing. Realistically I don't plan to be able to buy one until I retire and receive my inheritance. Most people save their retirement money to go on trips, I however will spend it all on a car. Tony you sound busy, but being busy with work is always a good thing, my dad always says. I hope everyone's having a good day, late!
Old 03-31-2003, 06:52 PM   #49
The_Duke
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Doucette
I always assumed it was the exception when someone pays down a car in cash or in one large payment. Generally speaking, there are better things to do with your money if you finance your car. However, when you are dealing with Lamborghinis this scenario must change due to the owner's "instant wealth". I don't mean that they won the lottery or anything like that, but perhaps they make $500,000/year and then realize that their bank account has a huge amount of money just sitting there from accumulation, or perhaps their stocks go through the roof and decide to sell off a million dollars worth just to celebrate.

I just can't imagine why someone would pay down a car in one full payment with a sustained income. On second thought, sacraficing for personal finances is almost a thing of the past once you have incomes that permit purchasing Lamborghinis.
It is not exactly true that financing will be cheaper; you need to find a loan that will not outspend the interest you would be making on the cash. In other words, a loan might end up costing you $30,000, while investment returns might, if you are lucky, keep up with that. Better to spend the cheap, APR-free money now than take out a loan.

Plus, it is a rush in and of itself just handing over that much money! Go for it!
Old 03-31-2003, 11:41 PM   #50
Sean
AF Enthusiast

I'de love to be able to play the stock markets. i think my family is cursed though, every time we buy stocks they seem to not do that well :/

other, lower risk investments have turned out quiet well though
Old 04-01-2003, 02:48 AM   #51
Tony_Ensemble
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Tony you sound busy, but being busy with work is always a good thing, my dad always says. I hope everyone's having a good day, late!
True enough, especially if you enjoy what you do. :flash: :sun:

Thanks

Old 04-01-2003, 05:34 AM   #52
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Send a message via ICQ to Menu dei Motori Send a message via AIM to Menu dei Motori Send a message via MSN to Menu dei Motori
you´re planning a new game?
aom 2 ?
Old 04-01-2003, 03:57 PM   #53
Tony_Ensemble
AF Enthusiast

Actually AoE III.:smoker:

Old 04-01-2003, 06:25 PM   #54
cristoff
AF Regular

^ OMG.....i'll be drooling for that one.....can you give an estimate when it will be released...even if it's like 5 years away
Old 04-01-2003, 07:32 PM   #55
Sean
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony_Ensemble

mmmmm.....

my brother got a new computer, so i can play it
Old 04-01-2003, 08:10 PM   #56
TexasF355F1
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TexasF355F1
Quote:
Curiousity is at hand here. If I haven't played the first 2 AOE's would it be difficult to understand and play AOE 3?
Old 04-01-2003, 08:12 PM   #57
cristoff
AF Regular

no it would not, unless they change everything around
Old 04-02-2003, 06:47 AM   #58
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Send a message via ICQ to Menu dei Motori Send a message via AIM to Menu dei Motori Send a message via MSN to Menu dei Motori
Quote:
:flash: :flash: :flash: :flash: :flash:
Old 04-02-2003, 04:47 PM   #59
Tony_Ensemble
AF Enthusiast

I cant say.:sun:

Old 04-02-2003, 05:11 PM   #60
pennyho
Banned

tony, can you post how the keyless entry on the murcielago looks like im just eager how it looks like

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Murciélago (Murcielago)