Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Murciélago (Murcielago)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-14-2002, 11:41 PM   #1
Baron
AF Newbie

Murcielago Experience and Decision

My dad and I went to test a Lamborghini Mucielago today. He currently has a Ferrari 360 and a 456GT and is thinking of replacing the 456GT with the Lambo. I didn't get to drive the Murcielago but he did with me in the passenger seat. The car is surprisingly refined. At idle and low rpm, the car is quiet and vibration free. Too quiet I guess but that's probably required by those European drive by noise laws. As the car is reved up, it feels like it has unlimited power. The powerband is so wide and it goes so strong with each rev. The sound is unlike that of a Ferrari and it howls like a train. As the car got into 6K rpm+, you can feel the ****pit vibrating and the sound gets much louder. It just feels so much stronger than the Ferarri 360. I just don't think the 360 can match the Lambo in acceleration at all, even though the numbers say that they are close. It's hard to judge the handling of the car since it was tested on the street briefly. Overall, he said the car is easy to drive with nice steering, light clutch and precise gear shift despite the car is so powerful.

So the big question is if he should replace the 456GT with the Murcielago. For sure the 456GT is lacking in performance compared to the Lambo. The new 575M may be close but that car is too tame, quiet and similar to the 456GT. The Lambo is probably the highest performing supercar available (excluding cars like Ferrari Enzo or Pagani of course) but it's steel tubular chasis is based on the Diablo. For the large sum of money is the car up to the latest standards? There is no question that the engine is among the best though.

Also, do Lambos have a tendancy to break down? I guess only time will tell but the new Audi ownership should make things better. Plus Lambos seem to lack the "heritage" of the Ferrari. There is probably a slim chance to use all the performance of any Ferrari or Lambo but it just gives a piece of mind that you are buying one of the finest piece of machinery. I mean, how many owners will take their cars all the way to 205mph? When he bought his 456GT 5 years ago, it was among the finest and fastest; now it's performance is only "average". Will the Murcielago be competitive among the best in say, 5 to 10 years time?

I apologize for this lengthy post and I am asking many questions that cannot really be answered, but if anyone has some first hand experience please share. Otherwise I will appreciate any comments. Thanks in advance.

Baron
Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 12:57 AM   #2
Ultrasparc
AF Newbie

Re: Murcielago Experience and Decision

Quote:
Originally posted by Baron
My dad and I went to test a Lamborghini Mucielago today. He currently has a Ferrari 360 and a 456GT and is thinking of replacing the 456GT with the Lambo. I didn't get to drive the Murcielago but he did
Baron
456GT...ouch....what a plain-looking car. Looks like a $50-60k car at most. If I were to spend over $200k in a car, I'd damn well make sure that it looks like a fighter jet.

Get rid of the 456GT. Then people will stop saying "you spent $220k on THAT?"
Old 07-16-2002, 09:37 AM   #3
Hamann
AF Newbie

Get the Murciélago man.

Read this article, it will help you and your Dad make up your minds. http://www.forbes.com/lifestyle/vehi.../0325feat.html
Old 07-18-2002, 08:07 AM   #4
JESUS28
AF Enthusiast

BARON:

Imagine...

you...
your Murciélago

and....

tons of great, wonder and amazing girls looking at you and your car!

BUY IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

I will do that if I have the enough money

I think Ferrari is a car born to enjoy driving but never as
exclusive as a Murciélago.

If you want exclusivity and be the number one, you only
have a choice: Murciélago.

Greetings from Spain
(the country which have inspired the Murciélago)
Old 07-24-2002, 02:45 PM   #5
Raging Bull
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Raging Bull
should be no hesitation.
Old 01-15-2003, 02:04 PM   #6
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Send a message via ICQ to Menu dei Motori Send a message via AIM to Menu dei Motori Send a message via MSN to Menu dei Motori
old thread
but good impressions of driving a murci!
Menu dei Motori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 02:23 PM   #7
Raging Bull
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Raging Bull
menu, wot u doin bringin old threads up like that?!?!? i was readin down the posts and it came to mine, i dont remember posting that recently, thought someone had logged on as me!! then i checked the date!!

Wonder if he got the car in the end?
Old 01-15-2003, 03:38 PM   #8
TexasF355F1
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TexasF355F1
I sure hope he got the Murci and got rid of the 456GT, it's an ok car but it sure isn't a Murcielago.
TexasF355F1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 09:43 PM   #9
Baron
AF Newbie

Yes, my dad did eventually sell the 456GT and got the Murci. The performance of the Murci is superior but the financial loss on the 456GT was quite severe. He said he won't be changing cars like that in the near future!

The color of the Murci is light blue/silver (Ferrari calls is California Blue). Interior is two tone with black and light blue. The car is easy to drive, comfortable and very fast.

I will post some more driving experience and pictures later.

Baron
Baron is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Murciélago (Murcielago)