Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
F Series Forum covers questions and discussions regarding Ford F-150, Ford F-250, Ford F-350, Ford F-450, Ford F-550, Ford F-650, and Ford F-750.
View Poll Results: would you get another ford truck???
buy another f 150 I love this truck!!!! 122 76.73%
to hell with f 150 trucks forever bad taste moving to chevy or dodge 28 17.61%
get an import truck there better then any american truck 9 5.66%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 03:24 PM   #61
steve longo
AF Newbie

Re: would you buy another ford truck??

yes, most definitly
Old 04-07-2006, 09:20 AM   #62
kd5nip
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: would you buy another ford truck??

I'm not sure what ya'll aruging about. my 99 f-150 has 194000 miles, been totaled 1 rebuilt left front(frame bent), then 2 yrs ltr smashed front end for total #2. I have not rebuilt from that one yet. Not sure if i will, i like the feature of people moving outa my way on the road. Great Truck and will buy F-250 next.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:00 PM   #63
frost110
AF Newbie

No, My family has had 3 Fords, everyone has had problems at pretty much the exact same mileage. That and they give poor gas mileage and all the old ones very noisey and break down quite a bit.

After driving a Toyota Tacoma I will no longer buy any other type of vehicle. It ran smoother with a lot less problems than my ford ever did/will.

So long Ford. Toyota has you beat.

--FrosT
Old 04-20-2006, 08:23 AM   #64
wafrederick
Banned

Where do the profits go building Toyota trucks here? To Japan and that is wrong!The advantage of the domestic truck builder like GM,Ford and Dodge,the profits stay here.There is one thing to do to a 1997 and up Ford f series trucks and expeditions,get the windshield resealed.There is a flaw around the sealing area of the windshield when it was built and water gets inside the dash area and ruins the GEM module.You lose the wipers,lights,everything in the dash area.There is a tsb on that and Ford has not done anything on this.I have heard of this twice so far
Old 04-20-2006, 06:56 PM   #65
street car fanatic
AF Newbie

i only like 90s f 150s and ofcoarse the lightening
Old 04-30-2006, 11:43 PM   #66
eti engineer
AF Regular

I have driven five Fords in my life -- 4 company trucks and one Ford Granada with all different types of trannies and engines in them. Every one of them has had the same issues -- tranny problems, engine problems,funny tire wear that can't be corrected, crappy suspension and handling, those damn composite pistons in the brake calipers that wear out the pads and warp the rotors, steering problems and more.

I have owned two Datsun trucks and one Chevy S-10, with the 4.3 liter engine (which I have modified slightly),and it will blow away Fords and Dodge V-8's all day long. I do it all the time. I have almost 90,000 miles on my Chevy and have only replaced the alternator. The last Ford I owned cost my company about 100 dollars for every 1000 miles to keep it running.

Would I own a Ford?? Ain't no f------ way, but I would take it over a Dodge anyday...

Later....

eti engineer

10 pm. my yard. your cat. my gun sights. (keep 'em home!!!)
Old 06-25-2006, 10:18 AM   #67
thafreek86
AF Newbie

My dad had a 93 ford f150 and it had about 230k miles on a 5.0 engine. but the only thing he ever really had a problem with was a water pump and he put in a new oil pump and pan.. but that truck was a very good reliably (SEXY) truck... me on the other hand had and still have a 89 F-150 Supercab with a 5.8L 351W... i had driven the truck about 6 months when i started loosing oil pressure and then had a rodknock because of that.. well I took it to one of my dads friends who HAD a shop and he had tha truck for about 6 months rebuilding the engine.. he said they had to bore it out 40 over because it was so burnt.. when i got it back it was running very ruff and would stall if i didn't keep givin it gas... the mechanic told me to drive it around and break in the new engine and bring it back to him to give it a tune up... well since then i've bought a car and a truck which are dodge.. because i paid 2000$$ for that rebuild and the truck runs like shit and there is a short somewhere that will keep the starter going and eventually drain my battery.. i know not much about engines or how to fix them.. oh ya.. and even after my engine was rebuilt that whole oil pressure thing still kept droppin... i love fords and was always raised as a ford kid but tha first ford i owned i got screwed on.. now i know it isn't fords fault but still.. i bought a 95 dodge intrepid and have never had a problem and recently bought a 2002 dodge ram 1500 and well i got tha ext. warrenty just in case
Old 06-25-2006, 01:00 PM   #68
gbic1
AF Regular

Think it is time to find a different Mechanic.
1988 Bronco 351 C6
1964 Galaxie 428 4sp project
1995 Mustang 3.8 Auto
1966 Mustang Fast back Project
1994 Tracer Trio 1.9
1968 F250 Camper Special 390
Old 06-26-2006, 08:15 PM   #69
thafreek86
AF Newbie

yupp this i know.. i'm actually lookin at a new mechanic around where i live now.. he seemed willing to do the work but i'ma test him out on my car first.. see his quality of work and total price
Old 06-30-2006, 11:14 PM   #70
Capt.Moe
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Capt.Moe

Okay so I wouldn't buy another ford truck agian. not even if my life depended on it. But I am fond of my 1977 with a 351M Auto 4wd short box Reg Cab... I love that little truck...

Reasons for not buying a for truck. Mom's got a 1997 f250 superduty... on it's 3rd trans.
My work runs fords... we've got 5 service trucks... oldest one being a 1998 f350 dually v10. newest an 03 f350. All gas pots. Aslo have a 1999f350 and a 2001f250 and a 2000 f350. The picker's had 3 motors 2 trannys and 4 rearends... Both 2000 and 2001's have had 2 master cylinders put in. The 1999's had a motor and a pair of tranny's in them. The 03's seen 2 rear ends and a transmission. Not to mention the electrical gremlins out the ass. Also the f250 seem's to be breakin' in half....

My dad's owned Dodges all his life... hehad a 1991 Kota with a 318 only thing he had to do to that was a fuel pump. He currently owns a 1999 2500 Cummins turbo diesel (It is not a ford built motor. Ford attemtpetd to buy out Cummins so they would stop producing motors for Dodge. Thus the common missconception that it's a ford built motor.) He's had to put a Injector pump in it. truck has 200,000Km's on it and is used and abused daily as a work truck. it weighs in at 9900lbs. and has 650HP to the crank. Still sees' 20MPG out of it....

All the ford diesel owners I know. Doesn't matter what they are doing... (talking 1991-1996 I think?) they get 15mpg.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:29 PM   #71
billheis
AF Newbie

I've got a 94 F150 Lightning and love it. Has 144,350 on the odometer and other than lousy MPG its great!
Bill
Old 07-21-2006, 01:29 PM   #72
pgcobalt83
AF Newbie

I have always been a chevy man. I always have loved chevy trucks. However, I had a 2001 F150 with the 4.2L 6 cylinder in. I absolutely loved that truck. At the same time My father got an 01 silverado with their 4.3L 6 cylinder in it. He loved my truck better than his. It out performed the chevy in every thing. It looked better, hauled better, and sounded better. I had no problems with it at all. The gas prices went up and I bought a car But I then proceeded to buy an 87 f150. Besides the rust I love the truck. I still love Chevy cars but as far as trucks go there is nothing better than a Ford!!

Hope this helps
Old 07-29-2006, 12:34 AM   #73
eti engineer
AF Regular

Just got a brand new F-250 from the company and have put 10,000 miles on it and already I am having trouble with funny tire wear, tranny problems and drivetrain noise. In the meantime, my S-10 is close to 100,000 and the only thing that has been replaced, as I said before is the battery and alternator. and it will still walk away from Fords and Dodges at the stoplight, except for maybe the HEMI. Like I said before, ain't no way I would buy a Ford car or truck. The quality sucks.

Old 08-11-2006, 11:03 PM   #74
eti engineer
AF Regular

Guess what??!!

The new F250 the company bought for me is now leaking oil and staining my driveway. It has 12,000 miles on it now, so I guess that is to be expected??
It has the 5.4 liter engine and it appears to be the rear main seal. Anyone else have this problem?? This is reminiscent of the old 351 engines. Seems like I had to replace the rear seal every 10,000 miles or so...

Would I own another FORD?? Whaddya think??? I asked the company for a Chevy, but no luck....

Later...

Old 08-12-2006, 02:07 AM   #75
2crunk
AF Regular

Anytime, Anyday. I've owned and driven Fords for years. Most of the problems i read on this thread are from older vehicles or high mileage trucks. Look at what your buying first. The name doesnt make a good truck, proper maintenance and scheduled service does. Since i've bought my Lariat F-150 Supercrew 5.4L i have had ZERO problems, gas mileage is great considering the displacement/power of the engine, handling is magnificent for a 4dr pick up, and is actually pretty quick for weighing in @ over 5K pounds. If you buy a brand new vehicle, you really cant go wrong with the 3 valve 5.4L. If its used, be sure you do a thorough inspection or have a trusted mechanic check it out for you. I love my truck and wouldn't recommend anything else.

Rest In Peace Hypsi87, you'll be missed.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series