Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
F Series Forum covers questions and discussions regarding Ford F-150, Ford F-250, Ford F-350, Ford F-450, Ford F-550, Ford F-650, and Ford F-750.
View Poll Results: would you get another ford truck???
buy another f 150 I love this truck!!!! 122 76.73%
to hell with f 150 trucks forever bad taste moving to chevy or dodge 28 17.61%
get an import truck there better then any american truck 9 5.66%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 05:04 PM   #46
M3FordBoy
AF Regular

Re: would you buy another ford truck??

^He built the first mass produced automobile. Anyway my dad has owned three Ford pickups in lifetime the first I don't realy remember to well, but he sold it to a friend the others was a '90 F-150 with I6 traded that to my grandpa for my car and he drives it around still with 230,000 miles on it the most work ever done to it was replacing the gasket on the oil pan, and a clutch or two. The new truck is a '03 F-250 CC LB 6.0l diesel 35,500 miles no work done I jsut thought I would throw that in there with all the talk about them not being good engines or trans.
A20a1 5spd Daily Driver
'68 Ford Galaxie 500 XL
390fe C6 First Car/Project Car

See/hear the ride.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO0C-qxj6qA
Old 12-15-2005, 10:03 AM   #47
Michelle_Andree
AF Newbie

Most definitely but the one I have is 26yrs old and still going strong, a looker too but it seems I can't post a pic. (newbie? When can I post pics?)

I bought it new in '79 for $5500CDN, F100 flareside, SWB, 300I6, 3-sp column shift. (That makes me old I guess but for an old girl, I'm still a looker too)

It's been retired for the last 15yrs, just for fun now and picking up stuff, has nice detail and chrome. Drove it for 10yrs daily, live on East Coast of Canada so the salt was really bad on it but we saved it!

Always liked Fords but my daily driver now is an '06 Cobalt LS Coupe 5sp, beats the crap out of anything Ford puts out there for cars.

SeeYa
Michelle
Old 12-15-2005, 02:08 PM   #48
Lobtuf
AF Newbie

Angry Re: would you buy another ford truck??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcreek
My last few F150's and E-150's have been plagued by engine and transmission problems caused mainly by poor design and cheap components. After several tranny rebuilds due to plastic internal parts melting and an engine rebuild on my 97 v-6 due to a defective intake manifold gasket that was redesigned twice but no TSB published until years later, I'm done.
Same thing happened on my '97 F-150. Intake valve problem caused coolant to leak into cylinders - bam. Had new engine installed and was told that this is a trend problem on 96 and 97 engines. A matter of when not if it will blow. Should have been recalled.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:23 PM   #49
Mrpiggy52
AF Newbie

Smile

My 1997 has 209857 miles on it and I think I might buy another one soon. Why replace it if it ain't broke.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:51 AM   #50
85lolo
AF Newbie

I had a 93 f-150, year 4, rust all over the box sides
year 5, oil pan rusted out, dash fell off fire wall while driving no reason,
the little trim screws in the interior were constantly falling out, no matter how tight I made them.
weird electrical gremlins all the time,
and for no reason the thing would not start on multiple occasions, and then start and run perfect the next day
traded it on a 98 silverado drove it 2 yrs longer than the ford and not one problem
now have a 04 silverado hoping for the same luck
Old 02-04-2006, 04:31 PM   #51
EddieK47
AF Newbie

I would never buy a 98 or 99 4WD again!! they are lemons.!!!!!!!!!!!!Ford needs to recall them on there goof up!Don't buy a ford Ranger in 98 or 99 4WD!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-05-2006, 02:12 PM   #52
Doc_Ratchet
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Doc_Ratchet

This poll seems to be missing an answer... I can find good and bad in ALL cars, trucks, and sport ut's, no matter who put em out. That's why even though I'm a GM man born and bred, I have three Fords and no GM sitting outside. I think care and maintenance are the key to making anything nice. Before the head gasket and head went bad in my Ranger, I was actually outracing early 80's 5.0 Mustangs in it. Since the 2.3 went bad though, I'm almost considerring dropping a 5.0 in it just cuz it's a sweet little pick-up. My vote would be for keeping an open when buying a new vehicle and look for a good runner. Never settle for junk just because you like the logo on the front!
1978 Honda CX-500 Silverwing Transverse V-Twin Shaft Drive Liquid Cooled Motorcycle
And yet I'm a Chevy lover!
Old 02-07-2006, 05:37 PM   #53
brosko80
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: would you buy another ford truck??

i have always been a chevy man and still am, but this past summer i had a 88 f 150 2wd 4.9l 5 spd truck given to me. i just recently put it on the road and i have had to do the heater core on it and will have to do the clutch soon since it is weak, but overall in is a good running and driving truck and i am now open minded about driving a ford, but will always be a chevy man.
73-87 full size chevys best trucks ever built!
Old 02-18-2006, 11:56 AM   #54
Cait Sith Cat
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Cait Sith Cat

My dad's 89 ford got to 210,000 before we sold it... he threw a paper route for 5 years, 365 days a year he drove 50+ miles a night, swirving and stopping harshly to get the Houston Chronicle out.
When he quit that job though it had power steering leaks and the driver seat was about to fall out, heh. We bought it used so no telling what it was like before.

My dad's 1996 302 ext. cab is in spectacular condition, no major work, routine maintenance, PCV valve, alternator, and U Joints replaced. It's at 80k now (I think the alternator got wet). I've put 10k on my truck in the past year (it's almost at exactly 100,000 miles) and it rides like a car, it's so smooth and quiet. The inline 6 gives me no trouble, though it seems that for the gas milage I get they could have given me a few more horses (It only has about 150hp and max 265 lb ft torque.)

Love them, and will probably always stick with them.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:32 PM   #55
horse482
AF -Advisor

Nothing is built like it used to be. They all have their problems, no matter what brand you buy. Asking a Ford, Dodge, or GM lover what they think about their trucks is kind of like poking yourself in the eye.

1994 GMC K1500 XC 5.7L

2008 Chevy Impala LTZ
Old 02-18-2006, 07:13 PM   #56
brosko80
AF Newbie

and thats the reason why the market evens itself out and they are all selling trucks. basically they are all the same more or less and all have their problems. some having more in one area and another having problems in another area. some had years that were better than others and designs an so forth, but with all and all factored they are all great trucks and the best thing is that they are NOT foreign vehicles!

they're american vehicles and american companies.

ill NEVER buy a foreign truck. that in my opinion is a crime against this country and unjustified

if you see any reason to drive toyota pick up truck then you have no business driving a pick up truck, as the japanese have no business building them!
Old 02-25-2006, 10:53 AM   #57
vanillaice124
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck150
i will always stick to a ford any day

From the day I die, i will always stick with Ford, Nissan, Kia. I will NEVER EVER go near Dodge or Chevy and Toyota's. All Dodge ever does is have transmission problems, Chevy's, all they ever do is stall, burn oil. (Same with Dodge and Toyota). I'm not offending people, but Dodge is for crazy people.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:20 PM   #58
brosko80
AF Newbie

nothin wrong with chevys
Old 03-10-2006, 04:54 PM   #59
Donut Dunker
AF Newbie

I have owned a few fords, my first was an 83 4x4 stepside (bought when i was 19- still sitting in the yard, would still be driving it if i hadnt broke the frame) , a ranger, 77 ford truck, and now a 88 4x4, they were all great trucks,

I have had 2 bad ones that I couldnt wait to get rid of an 85 & 86
not saying any one brand is good or bad, you can get lemons in all, and good ones in all brands
but all in all for me --- FORD TRUCKS are the way to go
Old 03-14-2006, 07:50 PM   #60
gpn50
AF Newbie

I really hate to say this, drove fords all my life but after this 2000 f-150, v6 engine, NEVER AGAIN. Dealers not worth S--- and I will not be back. Think I will trade my canadian ford for a american toyota. Can hardly believe myself. HOLY COW!!!!

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series