Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-10-2001, 08:30 PM   #1
CharlieTuna
AF Newbie

Question Murcielago models (Burago&AutoArt)

Is anyone familiar with these companies? Is one better or more accurate than another? I can't afford a real Murcielago so I was thinking I may pick one of these up. However I know very little about these 2 companies and don't want to be BS'd by a salesman. This is a link to the AutoArt model: http://wildcollections.zoovy.com/product/AR74511 I don't currently have a link to a Burago model, though I'm sure they are available. Any opinions would help me out. Thanks.
CharlieTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 08:26 AM   #2
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
I'm actually getting those. I'm getting the orange and black one though. There is a company in New York and they have a website. If you wanna check it out click here.
Old 11-12-2001, 09:53 AM   #3
a007apl
Banned

Re: Murcielago models (Burago&AutoArt)

Quote:
Originally posted by CharlieTuna
Is anyone familiar with these companies? Is one better or more accurate than another? I can't afford a real Murcielago so I was thinking I may pick one of these up. However I know very little about these 2 companies and don't want to be BS'd by a salesman. This is a link to the AutoArt model: http://wildcollections.zoovy.com/product/AR74511 I don't currently have a link to a Burago model, though I'm sure they are available. Any opinions would help me out. Thanks.

Tank's, tank's & tank's
Now,I buy That:flash:
a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 10:02 AM   #4
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
Here goes the info.

Information
Old 11-12-2001, 03:58 PM   #5
CharlieTuna
AF Newbie

I'm not trying to be cheap or anything but did you notice that the Wildcollection place had the same item listed for $5 less? Maybe they have higher shipping prices, I don't know. I just want ot point that out.
I priced one out at each place. The Exoticar place ended up being 58.99. The Wildcollection place was 52.98.

Edit- I also received some responses to the question I had at the top of this thread and it would seem that AutoArt is held in higher regard over Burago in terms of quality and accuracy.
Old 11-12-2001, 05:21 PM   #6
a007apl
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DVSNCYNIKL
Here goes the info.

Information
More pics?
Old 11-12-2001, 06:33 PM   #7
CharlieTuna
AF Newbie

Visit ebay and search for murcielago and you'll see a few other pics of the same models from different vendors.

Edit- Incidentally, I'll probably order the yellow and the black in 1/18 scale tonight. When they arrive I could tell you if these are worth the price. If I can steal my friend's camera maybe I'll even be able to post a few pics.
Old 11-12-2001, 10:22 PM   #8
Porsche
Pretty much amazing

Send a message via MSN to Porsche
Well, I think I'll get one for myself as an early christmas present to myself. Then I'll tkae a picture of it, photoshop it and show you guys the Murcielago on my driveway. (With a foot of snow on the ground!)

ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
I'd've
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
Any car built by "Dr. Technology" is probably not worth $5000
Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 08:35 AM   #9
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Quote:
Originally posted by CharlieTuna
I'm not trying to be cheap or anything but did you notice that the Wildcollection place had the same item listed for $5 less? Maybe they have higher shipping prices, I don't know. I just want ot point that out.
I priced one out at each place. The Exoticar place ended up being 58.99. The Wildcollection place was 52.98.

Edit- I also received some responses to the question I had at the top of this thread and it would seem that AutoArt is held in higher regard over Burago in terms of quality and accuracy.

Autoart is a better quality product than Burago. I personally don't like Burago. My two first cars were from them and to be honest, those are the only ones that I have. Even Maisto makes better ones than Burago. Autoart and UT are some of the better ones. They lack in some detail, whereas, Maisto picks those details up. Like working suspension. But that's just my .02.
Old 11-13-2001, 08:46 AM   #10
a007apl
Banned

Quote:

Autoart is a better quality product than Burago. I personally don't like Burago. My two first cars were from them and to be honest, those are the only ones that I have. Even Maisto makes better ones than Burago. Autoart and UT are some of the better ones. They lack in some detail, whereas, Maisto picks those details up. Like working suspension. But that's just my .02.
I have 8 Lamborguinis of the 3 marks;Of AutoArt I have to Diablo Roadster yellow,the models of AutoArt are richer in details,but the price
Old 11-13-2001, 08:52 AM   #11
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Quote:
Originally posted by a007apl

I have 8 Lamborguinis of the 3 marks;Of AutoArt I have to Diablo Roadster yellow,the models of AutoArt are richer in details,but the price

Yeah, but it is worth it. I collect from Maisto, Ertl(Muscle cars), UT, Mattel, and some others. By far Maisto, UT and AutoArt have the best detail.
Old 11-13-2001, 08:53 AM   #12
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

These are the cars that I have now.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t8709.html
Old 11-13-2001, 01:41 PM   #13
a007apl
Banned

Quote:
These are the cars that I have now.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t8709.html
Tank's for the page
www.scale18.com
Old 11-19-2001, 04:02 PM   #14
CharlieTuna
AF Newbie

Well, I got the yellow and the black Murcielago made by AutoArt in 1/18 scale today. All I can say is holy smokes! The detail that these cars have is astounding. Well worth the $. I don't have a camera or anything so I can't take pictures to show you anything. Everywhere I looked on these cars was an incredible amount and attention to detail. About the only place where I could say there is anything wrong is on the bottom. But that seems like nitpicking to me. If anyone is considering a choice like I stated at the beginning of this thread, choose the AutoArt model. You won't be disappointed.
Old 11-20-2001, 12:10 PM   #15
a007apl
Banned

Look this (last Update 11-20-2001) in:
www.lamborghiniclub.ch
Whats new?
Modelllist
Murciélago and more!!!!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling