Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 02:39 PM   #1
s14ryda
AF Newbie

New s14 owner need some help!!!!

Hey guys ive been looking through this sites threads and you guys seem really helpful so i decided to post this seeing as i need some help im an aspiring technician trying to save some money for school im currently a restaurant employee (weeeaaakk) and i have been looking for a 240 for about a month now after i crashed my 98 altima. i found a s14 in miami and got it for 1800 i needed a car quick on account of rough circumstances (being 19 wit shitty job living on my own paying bills struggling etc etc...) so i bought the car at night (dumb i no) lol and it drove nice it has custom 2.5 ceramic headers magnaflow muffler to a 3" tail pipe dropped 2.5 on eibachs stage 2 clutch with nismo short shifter he wanted 22 and i offered him 18.. so anyways to the point i really love the car and it needs some tlc but the engine runs strong so i checked out the car a little bit the morning after i bought it and noticed alot of gunky buildup on the bottom end... so i took it to a little ghetto shop and got it on a lift for a closer look and theres oil leaking from the oil filter and the ouput drive shaft seal also the rack and pinion looked real tore up so i just wanted to get an idea of how much this is going to run me cause the guy said to fix the leak from the filter it was $350 because of a motor mount in the way so like i said im a bit of a noob but i jut want to make sure these things arent to serious so my baby dont break down on me... thanks in advaned guys
s14ryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #2
s14ryda
AF Newbie

Re: New s14 owner need some help!!!!

sry forgot to mention the idle fluctuates very slightly from about 900 to 700 only once in a while if i open her up to much and the car shekes a little bit when i drop in in gear... any other reccomendations to help the car drive a little smoother for now until i get some real money for sum PROJECTS!!! cant wait hope to hear from you guys thanks again!!
s14ryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:28 PM   #3
93-240SX-COUPE
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to 93-240SX-COUPE
Re: New s14 owner need some help!!!!

My car was doing the same thing, i.e. rough idle and power drop between 700-900. My fuel pump was down and needed to be replaced. Also, Im pretty sure I was down a cylinder. I would pull the spark plug cord out of the 1st cylnder and nothing happened. (All other cords would cause a rougher idle).

Here's what you should do: Take your car to a Nissan dealership, get an oil change, and they'll give you a 35 point inspection and tell you whats wrong with your car. The service tech straight up told me that it wasnt worth fixing everything wrong. It was gonna be like $7000 in repair costs.

Good luck though man.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX